PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Invisible Blade - Homebrew modifications - Feedback needed

bendking
2015-04-30, 06:58 AM
Firstly, I'd like to thank @CinuzIta for the homebrew which I slightly modified of this PrC.
I'd like to ask the forums opinions on this one, and perhaps take some advice on changes I should make to it.
I was thinking, like CinuzIta, about adding Dex to Dmg at one of the classes levels to avoid taking Swordsage 1 then taking Shadow Blade, and perhaps make this PrC a bit tastier for my Swashbuckler/Invisible Blade/Rogue build.
What do you guys think?

Invisible Blade

Requirements

Feats: Improved Feint, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Dagger, Kukri or Punching Dagger).
Skills: Bluff 8 ranks, Sense Motive 8 ranks.
Special: must defeat a worthy opponent on a one on one fight.

Table

Hit Dice: d8.
Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+0|+2|+0|Unettered Defense, Dagger Sudden Strike 2d6

2nd|+2|+0|+3|+0|Agile Fighter, Bleeding

3rd|+3|+1|+3|+1|Superior Feint, Dagger Sudden Strike 3d6

4th|+4|+1|+4|+1|Feint Mastery

5th|+5|+1|+4|+1|Superior Mobility, Dagger Sudden Strike 4d6

End Table

Skill points: 4+Int. Skills: as the normal Invisible Blade.

- Dagger Sudden Strike (Ex): starting at 1st level, when an Invisible Blade hit a flat-footed enemy with a dagger, a kukri or a punching dagger he may add 2d6 bonus precision damage.
This damage rise to 3d6 at 3rd level and to 4d6 at 5th level.

- Unettered Defense (Ex): starting at 1st level, the Invisible Blade can add 1 competence bonus from his Intelligence modifier to his AC when wearing no armor, this bonus increases by 2 per Invisible Blade level.

- Bleeding (Ex): from the 2nd level on, the Invisible Blade can choose to sacrifice 1d6 damage from his Dagger Sudden Strike in order to bestow 1 point of bleeding damage per round to his enemy. This damage stack with itself, meaning multiple bleeding strikes raise the bleeding damage per round by 1. The bleeding damage persist until is cured with an Heal check (DC 15) or until an healing spell is cast on the subject.

- Agile Fighter: starting at 2nd level, when an Invisible Blade take a full round attack action, he may take a 5 foot step that doesn't provoke attack of opportunity between one attack and another. This free steps cannot exceed his maximum speed. When he reach his maximum speed he stops where he is, but he can still finish his attack action. This ability only works when the Invisible Blade is using a Dagger, a Kukri or a Punching Dagger.

- Uncanny Feint (Ex): from the 3rd level on, the Invisible Blade can Feint as a free action rather than a move action when using a Dagger, a Kukri or a Punching Dagger.

- Feint Mastery (Ex): from the 4th level, the Invisible Blade can always take 10 on his Feint checks. This ability only works when the Invisible Blade is using a Dagger, a Kukri or a Punching Dagger.

- Superior Mobility (Ex): from the 5th level on, the Invisible Blade can take a move action and a full attack action in the same turn at no penalty. Moreover, he gains a +4 bonus to AC against attack of opportunities caused by movement. This bonus stacks with the Mobility feat, but not with the Improved Mobility special ability of the Duelist.

Thanks,
Ben.