PDA

View Full Version : Spherecasting Oracle Archetype

Ironsides
2015-04-30, 04:15 PM
I was tempted to play a sphere-castor from Spheres of Power but I also wanted to be an Oracle for a game. So using the Sphere Sorcerer as a template for my Oracle I came up with the Sphere Oracle and I decided to share my result with you guys. What do you think? Did I miss anything?

Sphere Oracle
Casting: The sphere oracle may combine spheres and talents to create magical effects. The sphere oracle is considered a High-Caster and uses Charisma as his casting ability modifier. (Note: All casters gain 2 bonus talents and may select a casting tradition the first time they gain the casting class feature.)
This replaces the spells class feature.
Cantrips: The sphere oracle gains the Cantrips feat.
This replaces the orisons class feature.
Spell Points: The sphere oracle gains a small reservoir of energy he can call on to create truly wondrous effects, called a spell pool. This pool contains a number of spell points equal to his level + his Charisma modifier (minimum: 1). This pool replenishes once per day after roughly 8 hours of rest.
Magical Being: The sphere oracle gains 1 additional spell point for every oracle level gained.
Magic Talents: A sphere oracle gains one magic talent every level.
Mystery Sphere: Whenever the sphere oracle would gain a mystery spell they instead gain one sphere or talent of his choice as a bonus magic talent.
This replaces all mystery spells.
Recommended Casting Tradition: The classic feel of the oracle could be recreated through selecting the verbal casing and somatic casting (2) drawbacks.