PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Fixing Pathfinder... one Trait at the time [PEACH]

Xerlith
2015-04-30, 04:39 PM
I like ACFs. I miss ACFs. So I made a Trait.

Eclectic And Awkward [Social]
When everyone else was learning to interact with others, you spent the time patching together your very own unique style.

You suffer a -1 penalty to Diplomacy checks.
Pick one class. You can take archetypes that modify or replace the same class ability, as long as the modifications do not apply to the same part of an ability. You may also choose which one of archetypes replaces a class ability if these replacements overlap.

Xerlith
2015-05-01, 06:59 AM
Any exploits I didn't notice?

Vhaidara
2015-05-04, 08:50 AM
Um...I just allow this as a thing. No need to take penalties or spend traits or whatever.

Xerlith
2015-05-04, 10:25 AM
Yea, so do I. Just figured more people would see it as allowed when it comes with an opportunity cost. World works weird like that.

Kamai
2015-05-05, 02:06 AM
If I had an actual problem with mix-matching archetypes like that in the first place, I wouldn't think a trait + -1 Diplomacy to be an appropriate cost. Given that thought, I'd probably ask for a 1st level feat to do this, and consider restricting that to only your favored class(es). It would be fair if I was that worried about people just trashing weaker class features that were supposed to balance out stronger features later.