PDA

View Full Version : Some lycanthrope questions

Flying Elephant
2007-04-17, 04:40 PM
I have been thinking about making a Warhulk lycanthrope lately, so I have a few questions.

1. Are there any good large animals for my character? (note: good or neutral, preferably).

2. What book is the were-insect template from, and what is it's name?

Thanks!

DaMullet
2007-04-17, 07:16 PM
I think the only good one is a WereBear, and it is indeed Large.

I don't know about number two.

Fizban
2007-04-17, 07:25 PM
I'm also pretty sure the only "good" lycanthrope is the wearbear, though following the cliches a lion would probably make it in.

The Etomanothrope can be found on the WoTC DnD website, in a Random Encounters article.

Mewtarthio
2007-04-17, 09:38 PM
1) By default, werebear is the only good-aligned Lycanthrope. You could also make an argument for weretiger or possibly wereape. Werehorse would also fit in with the whole "noble and good" cliche, but horses aren't carnivorous (though they can bite you), and you have to admit a horse-human hybrid would look really, really silly. Also, Dire Werebats can fly in animal form, but you are going to have an extremely difficult time justifying a good-aligned Dire Werebat.

2) Behold, the fearsome might of the entanto... entano... etano... were-bug-thingy... (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040614x)

EDIT: Incidentally, the two questions combined may prove useful, as a Giant Monstrous Centipede has but three HD, making it I believe the only SRD animal or vermin with fewer than four racial hit die (except Large Viper, but that would definately be evil-aligned). Combine it with the entomanothrope template, and you'll get an extra class level. Also note that entomanothropes have no alignment change.