PDA

View Full Version : Player Help I have a question about extradimintional spaces and demiplaces and called armor

Nessa Ellenesse
2015-04-30, 11:45 PM
There is an armor/shield enhancement named called. It only works if you and the armor or shield are on the same plane of existance. If my charater puts her called armor in her handy haversack can she still call it

Chronikoce
2015-05-01, 12:48 AM
The answer as far as I can tell is: it depends.

3.5 bag of holding and handy haversack are defined in their specific text as non-dimensional spaces. This could be interpreted as a space that has no dimensions in which case I think called would work since the item isn't technically in another plane/dimension. It would also be interpreted as the item being nowhere in which case it would fail because it is not on the plane with you.

Pathfinder bag of holding and handy haversack also define their space as non-dimension spaces so the same issues as above apply. However we get even more confused because the rules on extradimensional spaces specifically call out the bang of holding and handy haversack as examples. This would mean that these items create their own isolated dimensions for item storage and called would fail because the item is not on the same plane. All of this is irrelevant if you use PF Called weapon property because that says 100ft distance limit and if the space in question has no dimensions then you could never say how far the armor was away from you when inside of the bag. I would say the spell fails in this case.

The argument could be made that the text regarding extradimensional spaces is meant to be used as the definition of the nondimensional spaces talked about in the specific items.

My advice would be to talk with your DM. My personal interpretation is that the rules seem to be trying to make it impossible to interact with objects in extra/non-dimensional spaces except through the normal reach your hand in and grab it process. They may be poorly written rules but I don't think they meant for you to be able to call items out of there.

Nessa Ellenesse
2015-05-06, 09:10 PM
I did thanks, I talked to my DM, he finally rules that because they have wieght limits they are still considered on the same plane, however portable holes that have space limits but not weight limits are on another plane