PDA

View Full Version : Computer SO, the Saints Row Francise Pack is 75% off on Steam.

Avilan the Grey
2015-05-01, 02:41 AM
Never was that into this, but... Heck, why not. I got 16 Euros to burn...! You get a LOT for that!

Wookieetank
2015-05-01, 12:38 PM
Never was that into this, but... Heck, why not. I got 16 Euros to burn...! You get a LOT for that!

I doubt that you'll regret it. I'm not big into GTA/open world games, but SR3 still has my attention 2 years after I first got it. Just need to finally get around to finishing it instead of getting distracted by the shiny and the silly. Its fun seeing a game of a genre normally know for its grittiness going lolnope, and not taking itself the least bit seriously.

Avilan the Grey
2015-05-01, 01:09 PM
I doubt that you'll regret it. I'm not big into GTA/open world games, but SR3 still has my attention 2 years after I first got it. Just need to finally get around to finishing it instead of getting distracted by the shiny and the silly. Its fun seeing a game of a genre normally know for its grittiness going lolnope, and not taking itself the least bit seriously.

Good to hear. Three games, all DLC for all games (well 3 and 4) for 16 euros? Yeah I'm game.
I love the character designer btw!

Wookieetank
2015-05-01, 03:45 PM
Good to hear. Three games, all DLC for all games (well 3 and 4) for 16 euros? Yeah I'm game.
I love the character designer btw!

Once you get into the game proper you'll be able to start shopping for clothes and really get into designing your character. Not to mention the DLC outfits. And then there's the cars where you can upgrade them and change their look, and, and, and. SR3: Atention Deficiet Oooh Shiny!

factotum
2015-05-02, 02:39 AM
Bear in mind that SR2 was not a brilliant PC port, so you might have some problems running it. It's also a lot darker than the later instalments, which you might consider to be a good or a bad thing depending on your point of view--they turned the silly up to 11 in 3 and 4, which takes the edge off some of the horrible things you're actually doing.

Avilan the Grey
2015-05-02, 03:12 AM
Bear in mind that SR2 was not a brilliant PC port, so you might have some problems running it. It's also a lot darker than the later instalments, which you might consider to be a good or a bad thing depending on your point of view--they turned the silly up to 11 in 3 and 4, which takes the edge off some of the horrible things you're actually doing.

Well true. As in yeah I am basically writing it off as a loss.
I have heard a lot of it being basically unplayable on PCs and well... Imagine a console game that someone just went through just enough to make it actually start on Steam, and then went for lunch and never came back?

That's that game. On top of the things like the speed of the game being about 150% on modern computers (that is the entire game is... fast forwarded, so to speak) it cannot do widescreen, and the controls and UI are laughably bad.

Which is a shame, because a lot of people apparently have it listed as their favorite SR game on the console.

Oh well, I miscounted before anyway, it turns out that thanks to the exchange rate all three games and DLCs were THIRTEEN Euros total. If I pretend that SR2 didn't come with it, it is still a heck of a steal with two AAA games and tons of extras for that price.

Magatsu Izanagi
2015-05-02, 09:42 AM
SR2 not working properly on the PC? There's a mod (http://idolninja.com/sr2.php) for that.

Avilan the Grey
2015-05-02, 11:38 AM
SR2 not working properly on the PC? There's a mod (http://idolninja.com/sr2.php) for that.

Does it fix the speed and gui?

Magatsu Izanagi
2015-05-02, 06:04 PM
Does it fix the speed and gui?
Doesn't modify the GUI much, but it should fix most major performance issues.

Avilan the Grey
2015-05-03, 07:46 AM
Well, I know my graphics card is on the fritz but this is annoying. It seems all 3D games now stats to stutter for no reason. Oh well, new computer coming up soon!

Game is fun (the third), but the computer makes it annoying. Also, since the character data bank has been down for months, apparently, I have to design my own sexy gang leade!