PDA

View Full Version : A thought about V's four words *SPOILERS AHOY!*

The Wanderer
2007-04-17, 08:01 PM
This is probably a crackpot theory, but I had a thought and figured I'd share it:

I'm sure we all remember the Oracle's prophecy for V, that he would achieve "complete and total ultimate arcane power" by saying the right four words to the right person at the wrong time. In the thread about strip 440, it was cited as a reason that V would survive despite being in a very dangerous spot with a powerful, magic resistant foe with no backup visible at the moment. However, someone else pointed out that V doesn't technically have to be alive to say those words, as the dead can be downright chatty in fantasy worlds.

Which brings me to my thought: what if V does get killed but makes some sort of deal in the afterlife (whether with the good guys or bad), for that ultimate power? What if the right four words are "I accept your proposal"?

What do you think? And how might it effect the story?

jindra34
2007-04-17, 08:12 PM
This is probably a crackpot theory, but I had a thought and figured I'd share it:

I'm sure we all remember the Oracle's prophecy for V, that he would achieve "complete and total ultimate arcane power" by saying the right four words to the right person at the wrong time. In the thread about strip 440, it was cited as a reason that V would survive despite being in a very dangerous spot with a powerful, magic resistant foe with no backup visible at the moment. However, someone else pointed out that V doesn't technically have to be alive to say those words, as the dead can be downright chatty in fantasy worlds.

Which brings me to my thought: what if V does get killed but makes some sort of deal in the afterlife (whether with the good guys or bad), for that ultimate power? What if the right four words are "I accept your proposal"?

What do you think? And how might it effect the story?
Hmm... Could be but i doubt it... does not fit her pattern and theory and personsality...
also see http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41252 for theory on words...

Haruki-kun
2007-04-17, 10:45 PM
.............I don't know.

Other than Xykon and Roy's father, I haven't seen any dead people say anything other than "brains."

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-18, 04:31 AM

Other than Xykon and Roy's father, I haven't seen any dead people say anything other than "brains."

"Sorry, ghasts"

BenjCano
2007-04-18, 05:01 AM

You mean, aside from the guardian of the oracle, the death knight, the eye of fear and flame, and the huecuva? In addition to Xykon and Eugene Greenhilt.

Cade Shadow
2007-04-19, 06:42 PM
You mean, aside from the guardian of the oracle, the death knight, the eye of fear and flame, and the huecuva? In addition to Xykon and Eugene Greenhilt.

I got a new feat: Swipe Idea!

don't forget the Ghasts!

Demented
2007-04-19, 08:01 PM
Undead don't count!

Also, Eugene's new girlfriend....

Cade Shadow
2007-04-20, 09:54 PM
Undead don't count!

Also, Eugene's new girlfriend....

Undead completely count. you cant become an undead if you were never a redead... or something like that.

Loyal2NES
2007-04-20, 10:31 PM
Which brings me to my thought: what if V does get killed but makes some sort of deal in the afterlife (whether with the good guys or bad), for that ultimate power? What if the right four words are "I accept your proposal"?No, the prophecy was right person, right time, right place, but for all the wrong reasons.

No chance in hell (Hehe, get it?) of that situation happening.

Kodra
2007-04-20, 11:13 PM
I'm assuming this has already been pointed out, but the fact that it is four words is humorous in and of itself, because of V's overwhelmingly verbose nature makes the mere concept that he would limit him/herself to four words amusing from the start.

The Wanderer
2007-04-21, 12:18 AM
No, the prophecy was right person, right time, right place, but for all the wrong reasons.

No chance in hell (Hehe, get it?) of that situation happening.

Yeah, I was typing that while sick and heavily sleep deprived. Well, more heavily than normal anyway. I almost did a facepalm when I noticed the goof... :smallredface:

V Junior
2007-04-21, 02:26 AM
No, the four words will be 'Feather Fall, Roy Greenhilt'

U2QueenBee
2007-04-21, 04:36 AM
In the right situation, 'I am a woman (man)." ;)

Gez
2007-04-21, 04:45 AM
I kinda expect the four words to be for some other joke, in a long time, not any time now. But I expect them to be something like "Are you kidding me?"

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-21, 06:20 AM
Maybe it will be "Don't be foolish, Elan" when :elan: suggests a way to get the power and s/he dismisses it offhand (i.e. the wrong reason), this then impresses his/her god and causes V to pass a test of some sort (i.e. being given a clue that gives an instruction which is inherently stupid that Elan can work out, in keeping with the cliche, and having to realise its not worth doing).

Mummy king
2007-04-21, 08:37 AM
Peanut Butter And Jelly

Four words.

Bilgore
2007-04-21, 08:53 AM

Don't forget the goblin that told Xykon where to find his keys.

Possible prospects:
"Give me that doily"
"Send the halfling first"
"There is no Banjulhu!"