PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pathfinder Only - Monk Style Question

thematgreen
2015-05-01, 09:46 AM
Good morning my darlings!

Can I take 1 level of Master of Many Styles and then go all Tetori? If so, does everything stack? Meaning, if I take level 1 Master of Many Styles, and 4 levels of Tetori, will I be a level 5 monk or a level 1 master of many styles, level 4 Tetori monk?

I have this idea where I combine Kraken and Snapping Turtle Styles to do stuff for fighting bad guys.

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-05-01, 09:53 AM
Both archetypes replace the same class features, so no. You can't multiclass archetypes, because you can't multiclass the same class.

thematgreen
2015-05-01, 09:57 AM
Both archetypes replace the same class features, so no. You can't multiclass archetypes, because you can't multiclass the same class.

Which features are replaced? I'm not seeing it...unless it is the bonus feats nothing appears to overlap.

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-05-01, 10:01 AM
Both replace the standard bonus feats, and both replace Flurry of Blows.

Psyren
2015-05-01, 10:22 AM
Note that you can simulate many of the benefits of MoMS by taking the Combat Style Master (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/ultimateCombatFeats.html#combat-style-master) feat. This lets you switch stances multiple times during your turn without taking up your swift action. You can also switch stances mid-action, because free actions can explicitly be performed during other actions. (Note of course that your GM is the final arbiter on what you can truly do for free.)

thematgreen
2015-05-01, 03:54 PM
Note that you can simulate many of the benefits of MoMS by taking the Combat Style Master (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/ultimateCombatFeats.html#combat-style-master) feat. This lets you switch stances multiple times during your turn without taking up your swift action. You can also switch stances mid-action, because free actions can explicitly be performed during other actions. (Note of course that your GM is the final arbiter on what you can truly do for free.)

That is amazing! Thank you!