PDA

View Full Version : Sample Spell Lists

Ranis
2007-04-17, 08:50 PM
Anyone know where I can find a compendium of sample spell lists that I can use for easy-access for spellcasting NPC's so I don't have to spend all of the time making them poring through books for what's appropriate?

ocato
2007-04-17, 10:09 PM
I admit that I usually give my spellcasting NPCs whatever spell would be nice at the time. I write down how many they can have and sort of fill in the list as I use them. They aren't usually fighting along side PCs so its more of a deus ex machina style list of CC. "You're going to try to stab the important NPC? His friend casts hold person on you." Not entirely honest but it helps keep the players within 50-100 miles of where you want them to be, instead of roaming the vast plains on the other side of the world from your quest looking for "good sod".

I rarely DM because most of my players turn out to be crazy jerks.

Jasdoif
2007-04-17, 10:15 PM
The entire appendix in PHB2 is for quickly putting together NPCs, there's a section of suggested spells/auras/invocations for a lot of the base classes in there.

Ranis
2007-04-17, 10:22 PM
The entire appendix in PHB2 is for quickly putting together NPCs, there's a section of suggested spells/auras/invocations for a lot of the base classes in there.

....I can't beleive I never looked in the back of this book. And I've had it for like, 2 months. D'oh.

Thanks, pal.