PDA

View Full Version : Mogo!

Ruethgar
2015-05-01, 02:53 PM
So I mentioned to my brother that I character I am making could make a living construct planet. Now he wants stats for Mogo from the Green Lantern Corp. The trouble is I don't really know what Mogo can do, what his stats would be etc. and could use a bit of help. Of course getting as much essentia from feats as possible and going for a Green Guardian Gauntlet (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?192424-Archetype-Soulmelds-3-5) would be apt, but beyond that I'm not really sure. Any ideas from the playground?

Colossal Life Shaped Construct
HD: 32d8-64d8
Abilities(augmentable): Str 44, Dex 8, Con 22, Int 1, Wis 11, Cha 5
Locomotion: Floater(70ft fly avg with hover)
Manipulators: Not sure if he has any. He can have up to 8 of any: Claw, Jaw, Pincer, Special Use Gripper(hand or similar), or Sting
Armor: +4 Armor Bonus
Senses: Ultimate Package(low-light, darkvision 90ft, blindsight 80ft, scent +8 Listen/Spot, +4 Search, Improved Initiative)
Accessories: DR 3/-, Self-Healing(1d8/hr), Survivor(acid/cold/electric/fire res 10))
Feats: 13-24

Afgncaap5
2015-05-01, 08:30 PM
I might be tempted to go with Elemental instead of Living Construct, but I don't really know Mogo well enough to say one way or the other (apart from some of what I saw when I started binge reading Geoff Johns' stuff.) I'd increase Mogo's Intelligence a bit based on what I read, though. Definitely more than animal intelligence at work with Mogo.

Not sure about senses... is "Ultimate Package" a reference to a certain thing I don't know, or is that a general descriptor? Seems odd that Mogo could only see so far in the dark, but then again I guess a planet in space that can generate light-based constructs wouldn't need to see in the dark often.

Maybe a really close range melee attack as an Elder Earth Elemental for anyone who sets foot on the world. :-P

TrollCapAmerica
2015-05-01, 11:02 PM
Wow

This is the second time ive seen a Living Planet in D&D

Ruethgar
2015-05-02, 10:53 AM
The stats and options presented are from the Life Shapers Handbook. The ultimate sensory package is the highest I can do by the rules. I can pump his abilities to whatever though it can get expensive. Getting to Int 9 is 2400 ceramic preices.

Though the Green Guardian Gaultlet is a possibility, I want to keep him within official rules if able and not homebrew him up as an elemental.

Bronk
2015-05-02, 11:37 AM
I think Mogo would be great as a Genius Loci...

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/geniusLoci.htm

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/EPIC_Gallery/Gallery5a/44181_C5_GeniusLoci.jpg

... that is only active when it has its lantern (or magic in this case?) ring. Mogo is usually one of the most powerful Lanterns, and it is a planet and all, so I'd think an epic monster would be in the right ballpark.

Without its ring, Mogo acts just like a normal planet... as in, it doesn't do anything, just kinda sits there losing it's cool ring coloration. With the ring, it can move around, do Green Lantern stuff, and talk to people.

If you wanted a smaller one, maybe a good aligned murderoid? Or a really advanced Gonn.