PDA

View Full Version : *Possible Spoilers?* Speculation about V

Vispilio
2007-04-17, 10:16 PM
Long time reader, first time poster.

As such, I apologize if this has been brought up.

I think V might turn evil and work against the party, based on his/her prophecy.

"How will I obtain ultimate arcane power"
"By saying the right four words to the right being at the right time for all the wrong reasons"

I started thinking about what four words could boost one's arcane power. I came up with the following.

"I pledge my xxxx" Probably soul.

In addition, if a member is going to turn traitor, Belkar is just too obvious. V would be pretty surprising.

This would also allow Belkar's prophecy to possibly come to pass that he'll kill one of several individuals, including V.

In any case, I'm not 100% behind this, but I think it's a possibility. Sorry if it's been brought up!

Sliverghost
2007-04-17, 10:27 PM
dont think it has been yet but that would be cool, or she could go double agent ;D

Haruki-kun
2007-04-17, 10:42 PM
mmmm........... well, it's not impossible, but I'm not sure about it.........

Basically, V will obtain ultimate arcane power by saying four words in a row, which could be ANTHING, ranging from "I pledge my soul" to "I like apple pie", so I'd have to consider several other things before.

But as I said, it's not impossible.

mikeejimbo
2007-04-17, 10:51 PM
Did the prophecy even say "In a row?" Maybe it's just the right four words, it just doesn't matter what order they're said in. Like four code words.

Probably not, but it's important to think about the working of prophecies.

PlasticSoldier
2007-04-17, 10:51 PM
Your not the only person who thinks so there are atleast 3 threads about this.

Assassinfox
2007-04-17, 10:57 PM
Oooooooh. I like this idea. Down with V! Belkar for President!

Hushdawg
2007-04-17, 11:16 PM
The Four Words:

Klaatu Barata Nikto! BITCH!!!

:biggrin:

Innis Cabal
2007-04-17, 11:26 PM
i love you Belkar....not that no one else has said it

Kashkalgar
2007-04-17, 11:35 PM
"Ultimate Arcane Power" would put V firmly out of the realm of PCs and make everyone's favorite gerder-neutral elf an NPC, possibly with enough arcane power to feel compeled to give cryptic hints to the rest of the party, instead of a simple 'use my newfound ultimate power to eliminate Xykon and seal the gates for all eternity' spell.

Kreistor
2007-04-18, 01:53 AM
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Does anyone seriously think V is immune?

And V is on the list of people Belkar might be responsible for the death of...

V Junior
2007-04-18, 02:03 AM
No. Just NO.

DreadSpoon
2007-04-18, 02:45 AM
"I pledge my xxxx" Probably soul.

The comic is far too light-hearted for that kind of stuff. This isn't a dark comic based on trading souls, philosophy of morality, etc.. At absolute best the topic has been brushed upon as part of a gag.

Wizards trading a soul for power is the kind of thing you see in cheesy, poorly-written, teenage-angst-driven screenplays. Not the sort of thing you see in a humor-oriented comic.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-18, 04:12 AM
I'd say V would be a more obvious choice to go all turncoat than Belkar, after all V has been shown to do things (or refuse to) based on pure selfishness or arrogance. Meanwhile Belkar has very few desires (killing and sex) in life to be tempted by.

Kreistor
2007-04-18, 09:40 AM
The comic is far too light-hearted for that kind of stuff. This isn't a dark comic based on trading souls, philosophy of morality, etc.. At absolute best the topic has been brushed upon as part of a gag.

I am definitely disagreeing with you there. The most glaring example is the Fall of Miko, which involved the murder of an old man that sparked a huge debate on the nature of morality.

Gags are certainly important, but the Giant does include many serious elements in this comic.

NeonRonin
2007-04-18, 09:58 AM
Personally I would rather NOT see V go through another rehash of the whole Raistlin thing. It's been done before; I don't need to see red robes replaced by black and a new constellation in the sky and all that jazz.

Hey, at least- as far as we can tell- s/he doesn't have hourglass pupils or a debilitating, hacking cough.

Vispilio
2007-04-18, 09:48 PM
Like I said, I'm not sold on the theory. Just something that occurred to me randomly.

As an aside, do we have any idea how far along in the comic we are? It feels like this battle could be the climax, but I'm not sure any details about such things have been released.

Assassinfox
2007-04-18, 09:50 PM
"If there's anything wizards would sell their own grandmothers for, it's power."