PDA

View Full Version : Your The truth of Evan's Tentacles

Silverhawk1o1
2007-04-17, 10:23 PM
You may note than in comic #20 V casts a spell called "Evan's spiked tentacles of forced intrusion". However , no spell such exists. I looked it up, and the closets was "Evards Black Tentacles" which is what i suppose she used, because
the description is similar to what happened to the chimera.

Fawkes
2007-04-17, 10:25 PM
It was a joke. Humor based on a weird spell.

You may also notice that there is no such spell as "Summon Plot Exposition."

Sliverghost
2007-04-17, 10:26 PM
s/he must have just altered the spell =)

Haruki-kun
2007-04-17, 10:31 PM
Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion............. a classic of the strip =)

Shadic
2007-04-17, 10:42 PM
Somebody thought that Thorned Rape Appendages was a real spell..?

J_Muller
2007-04-17, 11:06 PM

Maybe in FATAL...

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-18, 04:28 AM
What do Evards Black Tentacles actually do? It doesn't seem to be on any SRD sites?

andrewas
2007-04-18, 05:06 AM
Any sites given OGL content cannot use the copyrighted parts -- the name Evard, for instance. Look for it under 'black tentacles' and you'll find it.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-18, 05:41 AM
Ah, found it (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/blackTentacles.htm).

NeonRonin
2007-04-18, 10:04 AM
I've only ever seen the Black Tentacles spell used once in-game, but it was used to great effect. I'm surprised it isn't used more often... like so many other useful spells that get passed over in favor of Fireball or Lightning Bolts.

Though I have seen some very nice combat applications of the Shatter spell. (Which reminds me- never use that spell on random bottles in an alchemy lab. KABOOM.)

Heliomance
2007-04-19, 07:06 AM
The Giant regularly makes things up. The Dashing Swordsman prestige class does not exist, nor does the Craft Disturbing Mental Image feat.

Threeshades
2007-04-19, 07:22 AM
The Giant regularly makes things up. The Dashing Swordsman prestige class does not exist, nor does the Craft Disturbing Mental Image feat.

probably we should make a list for people who didnt get it, so they dont waste their time going through all their books to find that spell/feat/class/skill/ability/feature

Also the stick-up-your-ass is not really a paladin's class feature.

Dectilon
2007-04-19, 08:18 AM
"probably we should make a list for people who didnt get it,"

More like, we should make a list of the people who didn't get it : D

BobCat
2007-04-19, 10:16 AM
You guys shouldn't be so hard on people who didn't get some of the jokes... Not all of us are players... I am, but not everybody is.
Evard's Black Tentacles is one of my favorite spells, so the "forced intrusion" part was hilarious, but it made me sad because my war-mage doesn't have that particular spell.

Oh, but it would be so awesome if he did!

:belkar: I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!!

chibibar
2007-04-19, 10:25 AM

In anime series... yes.. it is a real spell ;)

Gitman00
2007-04-19, 10:54 AM
What confuses me about the spell is its school. It's obviously a homebrew spell, but it's nearly identical to Evard's Black Tentacles, which is a Conjuration spell. We know Conjuration is a barred school for Vaarsuvius. I suppose it must be Evocation or Illusion.

2007-04-19, 11:41 AM
What confuses me about the spell is its school. It's obviously a homebrew spell, but it's nearly identical to Evard's Black Tentacles, which is a Conjuration spell. We know Conjuration is a barred school for Vaarsuvius. I suppose it must be Evocation or Illusion.For what it's worth, I think the spell would be bad enough as an illusion... *shudder* :smalleek:

Silverlocke980
2007-04-19, 05:16 PM
No, stick up the ass really is a paladin feature.... depending on the paladin!

The spell would almost have to be Evocation- did too much damage to be an Illusion school spell.

I also enjoy how BobCat so innocently said "we're all players". Take that out of context, ladies and gentleman.

And enjoy. :)

Go BobCat! 'Cause we're all playas here!

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-19, 05:35 PM

The spell would almost have to be Evocation- did too much damage to be an Illusion school spell.

I also enjoy how BobCat so innocently said "we're all players". Take that out of context, ladies and gentleman.

And enjoy. :)

Go BobCat! 'Cause we're all playas here!

From what I could tell there's no evidence of how much damage it did, the effects could have been completly psychological.

dragoncmd
2007-04-20, 12:28 AM

I never understood that joke, I thought it was reqiured for the class.

Icewalker
2007-04-20, 12:55 AM
OOOH OOH
Let's make a list of every made-up-in-OOTS skill, feat, spell, class, etc.

Then write them all up and put em in the Homebrew section!

XtheYeti
2007-04-20, 07:01 AM
OOOH OOH
Let's make a list of every made-up-in-OOTS skill, feat, spell, class, etc.

Then write them all up and put em in the Homebrew section!
ok if you really want to then you have my blessing

Threeshades
2007-04-20, 07:41 AM
I never understood that joke, I thought it was reqiured for the class.

yup, it's a prerequisite.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-22, 12:04 PM
the SRD needs to make that spell, it'd be awesome :smallamused:

Lolzords
2007-04-22, 12:33 PM
So? There's no spell called "summon plot exposition" or "cure itchy wounds" either. It's just a joke.

Baalzebub
2007-04-22, 03:30 PM
A joke spell. Many things in oots do not apply in a real DnD setting because of this.

I think there's a thread for people who did not get the oots jokes.

GolemsVoice
2007-04-23, 06:58 AM
I can live with rape, torture, the loss of life energy and the like (in DnD). But if this spell would actually become part of DnD, I quit. Or none of my characters would leave safety. There are things that just mustn't happen....