PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder does pathfinder allow epic level?

grahammaddux
2015-05-02, 08:01 AM
in pathfinder can you advance beyond level 20? and are there any rule sets for epic level play?

ghanjrho
2015-05-02, 08:18 AM
Answer? kinda-sorta.

There is no (Paizo) Pathfinder Epic Level Handbook, nor will there likely ever be. However, there are a handful of options, aside from simply using the old ELH and rolling with it as best you can.

1) Use Mythic. Mythic rules were introduced in the Mythic Adventures rulebook, and put to use in the Wrath of the Righteous AP. Essentially, Mythic is meant to be a secondary level track, with no set relation to your actual level. Gaining Mythic tiers is pretty much GM fiat, and can start at any point in the adventuring career (you could start off level 1/tier 1, or you could not hit your first tier until you reach 20, or anything in between).

2) Classes only go to 20, but that doesn't mean that characters have to stop there. Taken all 20 of any given class? Time to pick another class and keep going. This option is... lacking, IMO. If you plan for it from the beginning, sure, but the paladin abilities on my magus20/paladin1 are going to be so helpful against CR21 threats.

Milo v3
2015-05-02, 10:15 AM
Aside from Mythic, there is the "guidelines" in the core rulebook, which can be found at the bottom of this (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gamemastering.html) page. Though, they are super super super basic.

grahammaddux
2015-05-02, 11:09 AM
thanks. i guess i could use the D3 epic level handbook for now.