PDA

View Full Version : Dog race help needed

Lmarcum
2015-05-02, 08:49 AM
Hello folks, I'm trying to make a canine version of the tibbit race for pathfinder, so far this is what I have. Any help is appreciated

Herder-->
+2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, –2 Intelligence: Herders are sociable and hardy, but often lack common sense.

Herder: Herders are humanoids with the canine subtype.

Medium: Herders are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Normal Speed: Catfolk have a base speed of 30 feet.

Low-Light Vision: In dim light, Herders can see twice as far as humans.

Local guardian: Herders receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception, knowledge local, and diplomacy checks.

Canine Communicator: You can speak with and understand all types of canine

Canine Shifter: You gain canine Transformation as an At-Will power. This power remains in effect until you use a standard action to revert to your natural form. You are considered a shapechanger for the purposes of effects relating to that keyword.

Languages: common, (dog)

Debihuman
2015-05-02, 10:36 PM
In normal speed you refer to Catfolk (I assume this is a copy/paste error and it should read Herder). Herder is an odd choice for a name (and all I can think is these are anthropomorphic sheep dogs) as in this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png

Does Canine Communicator also work on magical beasts that are dog-like such as blink dogs? Should this give a bonus to dealing with gnolls and werewolves? Have you seen the Laika PC race in the Web Enhancement for Savage Species for comparison? You can find it here: http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20030207a. This is not to say that there is anything wrong with your PC race but it is rather bare-bones at the moment.

Debby

Lmarcum
2015-05-03, 07:57 AM
Yea, the catfolk thing was just a copy paste error.
I needed a race of agricultural northman so I thought a bunch of anthropomorphic sheepdogs wouldn't be a bad idea, hence the name herder.
I assumed that the canine communicator would only work with animals that don't already have a language (dogs and wolves), so no since blink dogs speak sylvan. Also I figured that it would function just like the tibbits ability feline communicator but with dogs instead