PDA

View Full Version : Helping a Scythe Wielder [PF, PoW]

IZ42
2015-05-02, 04:50 PM
I've been building a Scythe Wielding Zweihander Sentinel Warder for a game being hosted on this forum, and have decided I need some hel pon picking up my last few feats. I'm level 8 and currently have Furious Focus, Power Attack, and Martial Charge and have tentatively selected two other feats, Flyby attack, (because I have a fly speed), and Improved Critical. Both of these can be subject to change, and I have one more open feat slot after that.

I also have to choose 3 disciplines to use(we have no class disciplines, we have to choose our own) and have decided on Scarlet Throne and Cursed Razor as the most likely candidates for two of the disciplines for two of them, and need a third one to round it out. This character is going to be a bit of a death bringer in flavor, although he's not evil. Suggestions are welcome.

I also have 11,282 more gold to spend, and cybertech is allowed. Magic items cost double, and technological arms/armor cost 10% of the price. I'm probably going to pick up a gun of some sort.

Thanks!

Elricaltovilla
2015-05-03, 11:02 AM
Eternal Guardian is a good tanking discipline that pairs well with Cursed Razor as they both use the [curse] mechanic. Silver Crane offers healing, ghost touch stuff, and pretty solid damage. Iron Tortoise is the classic Warder discipline and is great defensively. Most disciplines will work for what you want to do, its just a matter of deciding what you want to do.

Flyby Attack will probably work well for you, I wouldn't trade that one. But Improved Critical is a +1 weapon cost, just get keen on your scythe if you really want it. There's a lot of feats available from Path of War and Path of War: Expanded. I'm sure if you look around you can find something you like. For example, if you can't think of anything else, Victorious Recovery is always a good choice, as is Advanced Study.

Vhaidara
2015-05-03, 11:56 AM
Well, if you don't mind being OP, Primal Fury is REALLY strong. Especially if you are crit fishing, since a lot of Fury maneuvers add flat damage that gets multiplied on a crit.

PsyBomb
2015-05-03, 12:40 PM
Unquiet Grave has a couple which cause paralysis or other helplessness. With a Scythe, that's game over

IZ42
2015-05-03, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the responses! I think that Unquiet Grave I'd going to be my last discipline, and I'm not sure if I can squeeze in the gold for Keen. I'll see though. I might look at some of the style feats, see if they synergize well.