PDA

View Full Version : Arcane trickster/battlemaster?

Ralanr
2015-05-03, 09:26 AM
So I'm AFB for about a week and I have an idea for a character I'd like to build. The character in question is a bit of an artifact hunter/destroyer that would rather settle combat at a large distance away and is not meant to be fully optimized (more in the case of spells.)

I was thinking AT 13, BM 7, with the essential feats being crossbow expert, skulker, sharpshooter, and ritual caster (essential for character and I don't need to have him learn the familiar spell with his slots). Variant Human, archery fighting style, crow familiar (variant of a Raven). Arcana is a skill that is needed for his work.

Stats (highest to lowest):
18 Dex
16 Int
14 Con
14 Wis
14 Cha
11 Str

These are after racial scores.

I'm debating whether I should go so high into fighter as the only reason I want 7 levels in the know your enemy feature (that feat is a nice bonus though). If not I might drop to five levels for the extra attack. There are other feats I could use though and I still need to max out his dex, not sure if I should touch the int.

Thoughts?

Edit: he's not really a PC, more of a DMPC that is only meant to show up in narrative and usually give details needed.

Madfellow
2015-05-03, 11:17 AM
Edit: he's not really a PC, more of a DMPC that is only meant to show up in narrative and usually give details needed.

If he's an NPC who's only meant to provide information to the PCs, then I wouldn't even bother giving him stats.

Ralanr
2015-05-03, 11:23 AM
If he's an NPC who's only meant to provide information to the PCs, then I wouldn't even bother giving him stats.

Fair enough, it's more of a "why not?" reason for me. Plus there is always the chance they might attack him, which I will warn they shouldn't.

Edit: I'd make sure it'd be labeled as nonlethal. He shows up at the end of the quest, after the boss is defeated.