PDA

View Full Version : Different ways to see the world

bootzin
2015-05-03, 09:36 AM
Hey guys!

So, I was wondering, what ways are there in order to get blindsight, blind sense, life sense, tremor sense and any other type of "vision" in d&d?

GilesTheCleric
2015-05-03, 11:17 AM
To get all of them at once, or each individually? Spells will get you a few (darkvision, blindsight, snow sight, and perhaps a few others), but you'll have to use things like polymorph/ shapechange or being rolled up as a particular race to access rare ones like wood sight.

bootzin
2015-05-03, 12:13 PM
Individually

The thing is that I got a character that gets blind when in full daylight, and I wanted other types of seeing to avoid this

Permanent changes are better than temporary ones

And dark vision and the like are not exactly a solution

GilesTheCleric
2015-05-03, 12:18 PM
The Sundark Goggles (AaEG? Maybe LoM or Und) should fix your light sensitivity/blindness, and iirc they're under 3k. The Blindfold of True Darkness (AaEG 130) will give blindsight for 9k, is slotted, and will prevent the blindness effect while being removable underground/at night.

I believe there's also a feat (Daylight Adaption or something, perhaps also LoM or an FR book?) that might fix it.

Edit: some other choices:

Goggles of Day MIC 107
Goggles of the Golden Sun MIC 205
Helm of the Hunter MIC 194
Raptor Mask MIC 210
Amulet of Perfect Night Drag 52
Dark Lantern ToM 156
Darklight SoS 140
Dragon's Eye Amulet MIC 95
Eversmoking Bottle DMG 256
Fiendish Skin Graft FF 210
Gloom Mask DotU 99
Mask of Nightseeing UE 57
Mask of Trueseeing UE 57
Moonstone Mask MoF 163
Robe of Eyes DMG 265
Shadowy Diadem DM 103
Tremor Earth Elemental Graft MoE 133
Xvim's Green-Eyed Gauntlet MoF 168

Huh, the Sundark Goggles aren't in my archives, or else they're misfiled. Well, it's a popular item that I'm sure can be found via google.

Edit 2: I feel silly now. They're nonmagical, and thus are right where they should be in my files. RotD 123. They're 10 gp.

bootzin
2015-05-03, 03:06 PM
I'll take a look at all those items, thanks for the reply!

Additionally, I was reading through some forums and I found the symbionts. One of them is the Breed Leech, which has blindsight 60ft and can communicate telepathically with me, would that work?

Also, the Shadow Sibling kinda covers myself with shadows. Would it count as not being in full daylight?

EDIT---

I've looked through the items.. Darklight and dark lantern both solve my problem, and darklight is cheaper.. Sundark Goggles would be perfect if I had light sensivity, but I get a plain -1 penalty on attack, saves and any other check, so I don`t even get dazzed :\
If shadow sibling solved my problem it would be perfect