View Full Version : Lost Girl

evyldead
2015-05-03, 10:17 AM
Okay so I love the show lost girl and I've been wondering. How do you build Bo in Pathfinder? I know shes a succubus with the fey template, but class levels anyone?

Ruethgar
2015-05-03, 12:52 PM
I am not overly familiar with PF, but for people not familiar with the show.

Bo is a reimagining of a Succubus. She manipulates sexual chi to produce her racial effects. Charm Monster to nearer fanatic than friendly. Kiss of death that drains people's strength and refuels her own supply also healing her of pretty much all known ailments from cuts and bruises to magical poison. She can also do this as a multi targeted ranged attack if she is desperate and near death. The kiss doesn't have to kill, though in the show she can't stop herself initially and has to train restraint. She can also enslave people entirely with her blood. Furthermore, she can revive people recently drained of chi, even an undead dancer was revived for a little bit.

As far as what she's trained as. A dex-based fighter in simple terms. She spent several years on the run, so a little bit of stealth. She is essentially a private investigator in the show. She is proficient in an array of weapons: swords, knives, crossbow, unarmed and fairly effective with each. She definitely has the Snap Kick feat. Swordsage steering away from the supernatural effects would probably fit fairly well.

As to armor, none, padded or MSRD leather coat would be apt.

nedz
2015-05-03, 01:21 PM
I am not familiar with the show, but from this:

Bo is a reimagining of a Succubus. She manipulates sexual chi to produce her racial effects. Charm Monster to nearer fanatic than friendly. Kiss of death that drains people's strength and refuels her own supply also healing her of pretty much all known ailments from cuts and bruises to magical poison. She can also do this as a multi targeted ranged attack if she is desperate and near death. The kiss doesn't have to kill, though in the show she can't stop herself initially and has to train restraint. She can also enslave people entirely with her blood. Furthermore, she can revive people recently drained of chi, even an undead dancer was revived for a little bit.
Fey, or Half-Fey, should cover most if this — the kissing is just fluff. I'm not sure about the healing though ?

As far as what she's trained as. A dex-based fighter in simple terms. She spent several years on the run, so a little bit of stealth. She is essentially a private investigator in the show. She is proficient in an array of weapons: swords, knives, crossbow, unarmed and fairly effective with each. She definitely has the Snap Kick feat. Swordsage steering away from the supernatural effects would probably fit fairly well.

As to armor, none, padded or MSRD leather coat would be apt.
Rogue with some combat feats — skills spread about a bit perhaps.

MyrPsychologist
2015-05-03, 02:05 PM
I was thinking cleric of the charm, love, or lust domain. Gives you all the charm and control things that the succubus should be able to do while also providing the capacity to heal. I am not overly fond of the template route because it adds to the CR and doesn't actually provide the full tools that this concept is supposed to have so it seems a bit superfluous.

I suppose a sorcerer would also give the bulk of the required abilities but would lack the self healing.

evyldead
2015-05-03, 04:37 PM
I was thinking something like a level in monk, maybe sorcerer, and then either bard or cleric with rogue added in there . What do you guys think ?

PraxisVetli
2015-05-03, 08:52 PM
Just throwin the spell Vampiric Touch out there.

evyldead
2015-05-03, 10:12 PM
Just throwin the spell Vampiric Touch out there.

Oh I know ;)

MyrPsychologist
2015-05-03, 10:37 PM
I was thinking something like a level in monk, maybe sorcerer, and then either bard or cleric with rogue added in there . What do you guys think ?

Perhaps I'm missing something here but why any levels in monk at all? Are you intending to flurry a great deal or just run around without armor?

Also. Same goes for rogue? They seem like they're adding nothing mechanically or thematically to the build.

evyldead
2015-05-04, 09:55 AM
I was doing some digging and I know this is crazy but I found something that kinda fits the whole 1 on 1 feeding .... Vampire , I know shes not a vampire but its something similar to what she can do.

Feint's End
2015-05-04, 10:10 AM
As far as most such concepts go psionic often does it best without the need for components and mumbling spells. Depends on the exact way her power are handled though.

Anyways most psionic classes will do with enough application of expanded knowledge.

evyldead
2015-05-04, 12:07 PM
As far as most such concepts go psionic often does it best without the need for components and mumbling spells. Depends on the exact way her power are handled though.

Anyways most psionic classes will do with enough application of expanded knowledge.

The most of her power capabilities were already mentioned. The Kiss and the life sucking and mass life sucking. I'm not to familiar with psionics and the closest thing that I have found was going as a vampire race also. But that is a lot of templates.

Feint's End
2015-05-04, 02:15 PM
The most of her power capabilities were already mentioned. The Kiss and the life sucking and mass life sucking. I'm not to familiar with psionics and the closest thing that I have found was going as a vampire race also. But that is a lot of templates.

I'm fairly sure I can cook something up. Let's see

evyldead
2015-05-05, 12:06 PM
Okay thank you. I'm just so confused on this haha. Look up the background for her if you need to for more info.

evyldead
2015-05-05, 10:43 PM
Sorry for double post or whatever but what about the Stalker class ?