PDA

View Full Version : Symbionts (Fiend Folio)

bootzin
2015-05-03, 04:18 PM
I have a doubt regarding symbionts from FF...

How much would a Psionic Sinew Cost? Is there any way of acquiring one? I mean, aside from encountering one?

atemu1234
2015-05-03, 04:21 PM
Cost? Use guidelines from DMG (I'm AFB). Other stuff, I'm unsure.

Necroticplague
2015-05-03, 08:12 PM
I have a doubt regarding symbionts from FF...

How much would a Psionic Sinew Cost? Is there any way of acquiring one? I mean, aside from encountering one?

Buying one. Fiend Folio doesn't lists costs for them. However, you could buy them using the prices for slaves, which is cr^2 (minimum 1)*100.

Urpriest
2015-05-03, 08:44 PM
Unless you're willing to use the slave rules or similar, you can't just buy one. There's a prestige class, Impure Prince, that gives you Symbionts.

Necroticplague
2015-05-03, 09:09 PM
Unless you're willing to use the slave rules or similar, you can't just buy one. There's a prestige class, Impure Prince, that gives you Symbionts.

Unfortunately, the Impure Prince can only Lure symbionts from a specific list, which doesn't include the ones from FF. And is kinda unrelated for these purposes, because the symbionts that it can lure can simply be bought (though Luring is much cheaper).

Urpriest
2015-05-03, 09:21 PM
Unfortunately, the Impure Prince can only Lure symbionts from a specific list, which doesn't include the ones from FF. And is kinda unrelated for these purposes, because the symbionts that it can lure can simply be bought (though Luring is much cheaper).

Ah true.

You can Gate in an extraplanar version of the symbiont, but that's probably overkill. :smalltongue:

Crake
2015-05-04, 01:01 AM
Hunt one down? Knowledge checks, tracking, find out where they typically live, or what hosts they prefer and start looking. Or just ask your DM to include one

Tvtyrant
2015-05-04, 02:53 AM
Simulacrum or ice assassin versions? Bind a mirror mephit to get the former cheap.