PDA

View Full Version : Character build competition (WITH TWIST!)

Crilley
2007-04-18, 07:08 AM
Alright. There are a lot of build competitions all the time, but I want to know, who can make the best character build that, at level 10 has only ONE LEVEL in any given class?

So for example, you could be 1wiz/1sorc/1ftr/1pal/1barb/1rog/1nin/1clr/1dru/1bard

You can use any base book, or any of the complete series, or expanded psionics. PrCs are allowed, but you must meet the requirements.

This is assuming that they just battle in a straight forcecage, lets say... 100ft cubed.

Obviously this would be pretty hard, well I think it would be, I haven't tried, but post your stats to me in email (to keep it secret, if you so wish), and general tactics and I will run battles at home. The more detailed you make your tactics, the better I will know what to do, so unless you want me to play it (I frequently forget abilities), then I suggest you think about all situations. I will post my character later, when I have built it.

Gold limit is the WBL guide for a level 10 character, which I am not sure what it is offhand, but it is in the DMG

Have a go, see what you come up with. Once I feel I have enough entries, I will run it and update this thread with the results of each battle.

The email address is {removed}

Shadow of the Sun
2007-04-18, 07:12 AM
Someone managed to get a level 10 character with 10d6 sneak attack damage.

Crilley
2007-04-18, 07:18 AM
With no more than one level in any class?

Dhavaer
2007-04-18, 07:29 AM
Brb 1/Ftr 1/Rgr 1/Hex 1/Swa 1/Dblade 1/Dra Dsc 1/Dra Sha 1/Bear Warrior 1/Occult Slayer 1

+8 BAB
+14 base fort
+2 base Ref
+8 base Will
3d12+3d10+4d8+Con x 10 hp.

Rage (and turn into a bear)
Bonus feat
Curse
Favoured Enemy
Weapon Finesse (probably not useful, but it's there)
Spells (for when not raging)
Auras (fast healing, damage shield or extra damage)
+1d6 damage to spellcasters

Should be simple enough. Curse them, cast a swift spell (Swift Expeditious Retreat, to cross the 'cage in one turn), turn into a bear, charge.

With no more than one level in any class?

Sure. Something like: Rogue 1/Spellthief 1/Ninja 1/Sneak Attack Fighter 1/something 1/Assassin 1 and from there on it's easy. Your BAB will suck hard, though.

Khantalas
2007-04-18, 07:30 AM
Someone managed to get a level 10 character with 10d6 sneak attack damage.

I think Fax did it. 18d6 Sneak Attack at level 18 or something like that.

That was very poor PrC design.

Crilley
2007-04-18, 07:39 AM
Okay, looking good so far, but I have to go to bed, it is very late. I will check in the morning. Good night all