PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Advise on Star Wars Age of Rebellion beginner game

AsteronIronhoof
2015-05-04, 04:07 PM
Hi all!

I'm going to the GMing the Age of Rebellion beginners game with soon. Any tips (or anything!) for helping me run the game smoothly?

Yora
2015-05-04, 04:29 PM
You mean specifically for how to handle the rules, or generally how to set up a Star Wars campaign?

AsteronIronhoof
2015-05-04, 09:08 PM
Well, I'll be running the adventure in the beginners game, so I'm not setting up my own campaign. I'm mostly looking for info on how to run it smoothly and how to keep everyone entertained.

Rakaydos
2015-05-05, 07:20 AM
For the first enounter, if the PCs wantt o do something not on the list, give them a Hard check,

I generally find the janitor droid encounter to be flow-breaking. If you dont have the Diplomat along, I'd drop it.

There's no need to railroad the encounters in order- some stormtroopers visibly garding the control room is usually enough.

Communications room- the base is in internal comms only, since you cut the cable trunk in the opening cuscene

There are basically 3 versions for the final enounter: the default walker vs walker/bike vs walker, Bikes racing the shuttle to the tower, or 2 walkers vs the shuttle. If the PCs have been arguing about keeping the shuttle available, let them- Lt Saref can take both walkers to make up for the difference in firepower. If the PCs fail to lock down the shuttle at all, set up a race for the tower, but have him stop and strafe walkers the PCs get into, if thats what the PCs want to do to stop him.

I havnt really played with using the lading pad's defence gun vs the shuttle, its easy enough to use "he's flying too low for the turret, but the walkers might hit it"

Hopeless
2015-05-11, 05:57 AM
1) Has anyone asked their players how they want to infiltrate a secret Imperial Listening Post?

2) There's at least a few ways to get to the starting point of that game, practically none of them involve them trekking through the jungle for weeks to walk into the Listening Post's Garage and cut the communication link located at the back of said Garage.

3) Might want to start off by saying they were part of a much larger unit that was shot down on the way to their meeting point and they (the PCs) having crashed reasonably nearby find themselves at the entrance to the Garage shortly after a large Imperial Patrol left (presumably going to discover if any of them survived) and they managed to sneak in before anyone noticed.

4) They have regular supplies brought in by what can only be described as a smuggler, now imagine if she was a rebel sympathiser and she helped a pair of rebels to sneak inside the base during such a supply run right after an Imperial Patrol left so she'd know they're too short handed to realise they vulnerable...

5) They could start off being locals who belong to a village the Imperials are victimising even have them start inside the Listening Post having been picked up to perform Free Manual Labour unless one of them has caught the eye of one of the Imperial Officers...

Sorry this particular Beginner Game Scenario rather bugs me as you can see....:smallfrown: