View Full Version : Sorcerer Metamagic Too Weak?

JNAProductions
2015-05-04, 04:44 PM
I really feel like the Sorcerer's bread and butter-metamagic-is just not powerful enough. It's nice boosts, but far too costly to make up for their other shortcomings compared to other casters.

Does anyone have any good 'brew fixes, or any opinions on the matter?

Yagyujubei
2015-05-04, 04:51 PM
i disagree completely, meta magic is plenty powerful in my opinion. the effects are great, varied and totally unique to sorcerers in most cases so I think the costs are well balanced.

if you have a problem with the cost, then just scale up the amount of sorcery points per level you get.

Kryx
2015-05-04, 04:54 PM
I think metamagic is mostly where it needs to be. I think giving the bloodlines/Sorcerer type bonus spells as seen with the Favored Soul and Storm Sorcerer is the way to properly boost the Sorc.

My thread on this: Sorcerer Bloodline Bonus Spells (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?413398-Sorcerer-Bloodline-Bonus-Spells)

Kane0
2015-05-04, 05:12 PM
Lurking somewhere in my sig is a brewed sorc subclass i made, it focuses on metamagic and the use of sorcery points. Its not thoroughly tested, but your welcome to have a look and use what you like.

Though my favourite tweak is giving a sorc a sorcery point for every two hit dice he spends during short rests.