PDA

View Full Version : Adventures league home game question

Kanaric
2015-05-05, 01:06 PM
I've been doing an online game with some friends of mine on roll 20 and am suddenly not sure if i'm doing experience right for the DM rewards.

So we are playing POTA and in the players guide it says the DM rewards are given at the end of an episode. Is a chapter an episode? Also one of the players said that I should get them when we complete an area that gives experience for completion. I'm not sure that is right. Like completing Feathergale is dm rewards despite the chapter not being done? The players get XP at completion of that so they claim that I should as well.

Basically this is the first time hosting a game like this and i'm not clear on when you get rewards for "home play".

Thanks for any help

pibby
2015-05-05, 02:12 PM
Basically PCs get awards at the end of session, whether that is 2ish or 4ish hours long. You don't get DM rewards until it says so though. If you deny PCs their experience at the end of session they'll feel cheated or not motivated to come back. I know because I participate in D&D Encounters as both a DM and a player. If PCs level up in the middle of an adventure, it just happens. Just mind the level cap for each chapter and make sure they keep track of their log sheet.

Kanaric
2015-05-05, 02:34 PM
Basically PCs get awards at the end of session, whether that is 2ish or 4ish hours long. You don't get DM rewards until it says so though. If you deny PCs their experience at the end of session they'll feel cheated or not motivated to come back. I know because I participate in D&D Encounters as both a DM and a player. If PCs level up in the middle of an adventure, it just happens. Just mind the level cap for each chapter and make sure they keep track of their log sheet.

Ok, I get that and that's what we've been doing. Basically they are claiming that I should be getting DM xp at the end of these "adventures" instead of the chapter.