PDA

View Full Version : Races of Inris Part II

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-04-18, 07:48 PM
The next object to be put under perusal (i hope i spelled that right) is the Dundar. These are effectively dwarves, with modifications.

As before, these are base races, not subraces.

The first Dundar is the current main dundar. The Endreck. These endreck mostly live in universities and such, and are valued librarians and clerks. They are taught magic early on, and their spells are the best.

Endreck
Medium Humanoid (Dwarf)
+2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Endreck are smart, but rather rude.
Speed: 20 ft. However, dwarves can move at this speed even while wearing medium or heavy armour or when carrying a medium or heavy load. (unlike other creatures whose speed is reduced in such situations.
Stability (Ex):Endreck are extremely stable on their feet, and gain a +4 bonus on ability checks to resist being bullrushed or tripped whn standing on the ground. (But not when climbing, riding, flying, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground.
Low light vision (Ex): An endreck can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, or other similar conditions of poor lighting.
+3 to Spell resistance: Spells cast by an endreck are more powerful then usual.
+2 on Decipher script, forgery, appraise writings, and craft calligraphy: endreck are extremely adept at all things concerning the written word.
Automatic Languages: Common, Dondena. Bonus Languages: Giant, Vendeutsch, Orc, Estan, Draconic. endreck commonly learn the languages of their friends and enemies.
Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass Endreck's Wiazard class does not count when determining whether he/she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
Level Adjustment: +0

The other type of dunda are the Wild Dunda, or Djurdan. They have refused civilization, saying that the apocalypse nearly arrived because of civilization. They ruthlessly hunt down the vendantsch, the new version of gnomes, who have taken to hiding underground.

Djurdan (Wild Dwarves)
+4 to strength, +4 to constitution, -4 to wisdom, -4 to intelligence, -4 to charisma:Djurdan are strong and tough, but gruff, and forthright.
Stability: Djurdan are stable on their feet.
Medium: Djurdan are normal sized and have no bonus’s or penalties.
Base land speed 20 ft. This speed is not reduced because do armour or weight load
Low-light vision: Djurdan are used to the poor visibility during the night.
+3 racial bonus to survival: Djurdan have adapted well to their outdoor environment.
Weapon familiarity with dwarven war axe
This weapon is vital to the Djurdan, as it has many possible uses.
+1 attack and damage versus vendatsch (gnomes): Djurdan blame the vendantsch for the Flood, and have learned to fight them well.
+2 craft to create primitive weapons (DM’s choice)
Djurdan are masters at creating many simple tools.
Common Dondena
Giant Vendeutsch Goblin Orc Terran Undercommon: Djurdan learn the languages of their friends and enemies.
Favoured class barbarian

Next on the list of Races: The Vemdantsch, or Gnomes.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-04-27, 08:07 PM
Sadly, bump. Come on, some constructive criticism please! (man, only 10 people saw this, and one only because i told him to) :(

Matthew
2007-05-12, 05:00 PM
Sorry to see this didn't get any criticsim at all. It is quite hard to read in this format, though, which I suspect is a contributing factor. Do the Djurdan have an LA? Almost certainly these mechanics need some considerable associated fluff. Consider treating the Default Races presented in the PHB as a Template and the kind of information that should be made available.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-05-12, 06:35 PM
to neaten it up a touch...

Matthew
2007-05-18, 07:59 PM
Okay, I think the Endreck seem balanced, but the Djurdan just strike me as odd. Maybe I am just prejudiced against all these Attribute Modifiers, but it just seems excessive to me, the average Djurdan having an Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma of 6 or 7. Some supporting fluff to justify this sort of thing seems desirable to me.