PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Spontaneous Conversion: Cure & Inflict

Hecuba
2015-05-06, 01:48 PM
Hi everybody.

So I'm going to be playing in a particularly low-op game for a while, and I'm likely going to play a cleric*.
I'm not going to go CODzilla, as that would conspicuously overshadow others at the table.

My current plan is to run Prophecy's Shepherd and Mastery of Day and Night.

Ideally, however, I'd like a way to convert both Cure and Inflict spells.
Any ideas on how to accomplish such a thing?

*By convention, someone always plays a cleric and the job rotates. There are a couple people at the table who are utterly convinced of the necessity of having a healer, regardless of evidence to the contrary.
While I agree Wands of Lesser Vigor etc. work perfectly well, it's not a case I'm interested in making for this table.

Hecuba
2015-05-06, 03:29 PM
P.S.: My current solution is a neutral cleric channeling negative energy with Domain Spontaneity & the healing domain.
Not sure how I feel, however, about having to keep charisma up to provide turn attempts.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-06, 03:41 PM
Spontaneous Healer/Spontaneous Wounder from Complete Divine? I forget if you can have both at once.

Zaq
2015-05-06, 04:05 PM
If you can swing being a halfling with a dragonmark, Nosomatic Chirurgeon (Dragonmarked, pg. 114) lets you spontaneously convert spells or SLAs into Inflict spells. So just be Neutral with respect to Good and Evil, get spontaneous Curing from Cleric, and get spontaneous Inflicting from Nosomatic Chirurgeon. It even grants that ability at level 1, so it won't eat a bunch of levels out of your build.

Hecuba
2015-05-08, 04:38 PM
If you can swing being a halfling with a dragonmark, Nosomatic Chirurgeon
Fantastic. Strongheart Halfling Cleric/Nosomatic Chirurgeon it is.

Thanks for the assistance.