PDA

View Full Version : Snapleaf... how does this work?

Nibbens
2015-05-07, 10:23 AM
The Snapleaf (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/snapleaf) as I'm reading it, is downright amazing. The name of the item suggests that a person would have to break the item to use it, however the description makes no such suggestion. There's no "times per day" clause for this item so from the way it looks, A person can continually use the snap leaf once every minute or so to remain indefinitely invisible... Since activating it is an immediate action - your rogue essentially now has perma-invisibility.

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong. Is there a clause somewhere about this item I'm missing?

Hiro Quester
2015-05-07, 10:25 AM
Given the price (375 gp) it seems to be a on-use item, like a potion, but an immediate action to activate.

Flickerdart
2015-05-07, 10:29 AM
Given the price (375 gp) it seems to be a on-use item, like a potion, but an immediate action to activate.
That's probably what the designers intended, but as the OP points out there isn't actually anything in the item's description that destroys the item upon use.

Quite frankly, 750gp (it's 375 to craft, not buy) is really, really pricey for 5 rounds of invisibility.

Platymus Pus
2015-05-07, 10:39 AM
But it also has feather fall, I think it would be cheap compared to the fall damage you'd take and again as noted it doesn't seem to have limited use and it's slotless.
Seems worth it if you have the money to get something extra if you aren't playing a wizard or the like.

Necroticplague
2015-05-07, 10:40 AM
The PFS FAQ errata'd this into a single-use item.

goto124
2015-05-07, 10:41 AM
Maybe the SRD is missing the words that say it has to be snapped?

Does anyone have the original source?

Hiro Quester
2015-05-07, 10:42 AM
That's probably what the designers intended, but as the OP points out there isn't actually anything in the item's description that destroys the item upon use.

Quite frankly, 750gp (it's 375 to craft, not buy) is really, really pricey for 5 rounds of invisibility.

Snapping it does seem likely to destroy it, though. Snap it in two, even (though the description doesn't say that).

And its invisibility plus feather fall, simultaneously (I can see the sneaky infiltration potential there). And an immediate action. And unslotted. That seems to justify the price, even though a one-shot item.

Edit: Ninja'd

Jeraa
2015-05-07, 11:17 AM
The PFS FAQ errata'd this into a single-use item.

But not the Ultimate Equipment FAQ where it should be. Society play does a lot of things differently than the normal game.

As for pricing, it is what a CL 5 potion of invisibility and a CL 5 feather fall potion costs combined.

spell level x caster level x 50gp
Invisibility: 2x5x50 = 500gp
Feather Fall: 1x5x50 = 250GP
Total: 750 gp

Invisibility lasts 1 minute per level, not 1 round. You get 5 minutes of invisibility.