PDA

View Full Version : Movies Captain America: Civil War

Dusk Eclipse
2015-05-07, 11:27 AM
It seems we won't have to wait till Infinity War to see the avengers once more, according to this press release (http://www.newsarama.com/24428-ant-man-vision-war-machine-join-marvel-s-civil-war-as-it-begins-production.html) civil war will feature pretty much every MCU hero so far (notable exceptions being Hulk and Thor).

Warning: The linked page has some minor spoilers for AoU, so click at your own risk if you haven't seen it yet.

t209
2015-05-07, 12:02 PM
Here's some good parts.
- No more Mark Millar screwing around
- No more One More Day, though Spiderman would be killed off (http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110623024936/marveldatabase/images/9/93/Peter_Parker_(Earth-1610)_from_Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_160.jpg) since the universe is based on Ultimate.
- No more Thor Clone or making Registration side evil despite having good points in initial points.
- Early Thunderbolts, the villains who posed as heroes but become one and beat up Baron Zemo.
- Possibly combining "What If? Annihilation Wave Reach Earth" (except it might be Starlord teleporting between the clashing armies and warn them about Thanos like Gandalf in Hobbit novel) and Fable 3 (Tony's "fascist" methods were to rearm in coming cosmic terror).
- Mr. Fantastic and his prison

LordRahl6
2015-05-07, 12:36 PM
Its going to be interesting how they resolve this upcoming mash-up. Will be interesting to see where they put Martin Freeman considering the couple of roles he's done recently.:smallbiggrin:

Legato Endless
2015-05-07, 02:09 PM
Huh. They're bringing the actor who played Ross back. Marvel had been basically ignoring that film after it failed to make a lasting impression. I wonder if they'll bother referencing that at all, or if Ross is just a military figure since Hulk won't be appearing at all in the film. Based on the rampage that happened in the last film, I would guess the former, but the latter wouldn't surprise me.

Darth Credence
2015-05-07, 02:31 PM
They don't bring up the Incredible Hulk much, but they don't completely ignore it. I've seen a timeline of the MCU that includes it, and there were references to the battle with Abomination in Daredevil on Urich's wall.

DigoDragon
2015-05-07, 02:46 PM
Interesting, though I'd personally prefer a smaller cast so everyone gets more focus.

Talya
2015-05-07, 02:49 PM
Marvel also referenced The Incredible Hulk film in the first Avengers movie.

Banner: "Thanks, but last time I was in New York i kinda broke... Harlem."

The "Marvel One-Shots" bonus short films pre-Avengers also made several references to The Incredible Hulk.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-05-07, 02:54 PM
It is weird that it will have such a huge cast, at first I thought it would be the last movie before Infinity War, which would mean it would have to set the foundations for it, but after CA:CW we have, Dr. Strange, GotG2, MCUSpidey and Thor Ragnarok. But now that I think so it does make some sense, tie all (or as much as possible) loose ends in the non-cosmic part of the MCU and continue to build upon the Infinity Gems in the following movies; Dr. Strange is pretty much the best way to introduce the Soul Gem, the guardians already know of the Gems and Thanos, and well I'm guessing that T:R will mostly take place off-earth, considering that Thor already knows of the Gems and is actively searching for them (or at least information) as of AoU

Psyren
2015-05-07, 06:28 PM
Avengers 2.5? I can dig it. Hopefully they're not going down to DC levels of grimdark with the registration stuff though.

And I don't mind having loads of characters. We've met all of these people already, so we only need a few iconic moments, particularly with the newcomers. The way these films have been set up is pretty brilliant from a characterization standpoint.

t209
2015-05-07, 06:39 PM
Interesting, though I'd personally prefer a smaller cast so everyone gets more focus.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/8eb5e4620a59d7c8cc23c3012ae811b2/tumblr_nl4vz1eStc1qzoglfo1_1280.jpg

Kitten Champion
2015-05-07, 07:10 PM
My concern is Captain America has the potential of being buried in his own movie. The scope, if not the specific consequences, are bound to be bigger than Age of Ultron. I mean, all the individual character's movies thus far have focused pretty tightly on their own specific corner of the universe, with bits and cameos tying them together and shaping a larger world.

Granted, Captain America's character has never required much expounding or development.

DigoDragon
2015-05-07, 07:49 PM
[Old Avengers What Ifs]

Nailed it. XD

Granted a lot of the characters are established now, but there is only so much you can cram into two hours.

JoshL
2015-05-07, 08:59 PM
Granted, Captain America's character has never required much expounding or development.

^ this. Personally, not crazy about Cap. He works well in an ensemble, and largely why I thought the second film was WAY better than the first. And as such, I'm really excited about the way Civil War is shaping up!