PDA

View Full Version : Forum RSS?

Dr. Jones
2007-04-18, 10:10 PM
I tried accessing the RSS feed for vBulletin, but it seems to be disabled or something. Is there any specific reason the feed has been disabled?

The original reason I was looking for a feed was because I actually wanted a feed for a specific thread (the PBP game I'm joining), though it seems vBulletin doesn't offer that. If you (mods/admins/etc) think this is a good idea, I could look into writing a mod for vBulletin that allows the feed script to just provide the feed on a single thread. I'm quite proficient in PHP and understand RSS syntax, and have written small mods for SMF and phpBB, so it should be a trivial task to write a mod that makes thread-specific RSS feeds.

Please let me do this, or at least enable the regular feed? Pretty please? :smallfrown:

host2words
2007-04-29, 02:29 PM
Thread-specific feeds would be really nice to see. :)

Azrael
2007-04-30, 08:18 AM
And would suck so much bandwidth ...

eetdestroyer
2007-05-01, 05:58 AM
i hpe my siggy works...

eetdestroyer
2007-05-01, 05:58 AM
YAY! OMG! this site is BAD, i cant put in any extremely short messages!!

Azrael
2007-05-01, 07:09 AM
Wow. Just for the sake of helping the world move towards the ideal of "being a better place", let me give you some advice -- before posting in ANY forums' Board/Site Issues forum, it is a good idea to Read the Rules of Posting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1) first.