PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play midnight

EvilElitest
2007-04-18, 11:06 PM
I've been playing a few champains in Midnight, what do people think?
from,
EE

EvilElitest
2007-04-19, 10:08 PM
Bumping thread, no body play this game?
from,
EE

Roethke
2007-04-20, 08:26 AM
Didn't see it first time around. I DM'd a fairly long-running midnight campaign.

I think it's a wonderful setting, really captures the heroic feel. The PC's are quite a bit more powerful than the run-of-the-mill D&D PCs, but the DM has many more resources than usual to put the fear of Mizrador in them.

I had one channeler, who just wouldn't stop casting Arcane Mark after every combat, to let the shadow know who was defying them. After the fourth time being attacked by random woodland creatures, while they were on the ru, the rest of the party finally got the idea.

Anyhow, lots of good stuff in there.

Fawsto
2007-04-20, 09:23 AM
Lol... starting tomorrow i'll be playing a midnight campaing...

If I only had the books...

I loved wht they did with the classes... Mostly because of the skill points taht are now very, very valuable.

I also liked the Heroic Paths. They are damn good in a world where magic Itens are very rare and there is an almighty dark good roaming around. XD

storybookknight
2007-04-20, 09:32 AM
I had a DM try to run Iron Heroes in Midnight. Believe it or not, this worked poorly, especially as he also removed the fancy character backgrounds with like the healing and stuff.

Roethke
2007-04-20, 10:42 AM
I had a DM try to run Iron Heroes in Midnight. Believe it or not, this worked poorly, especially as he also removed the fancy character backgrounds with like the healing and stuff.

Yah. That doesn't surprise me that much, actually. It seems like an obvious idea, but it's such a gritty setting (or is presented that way), with the odds so stacked against the PC's that pulling the rug out from under them any more could easily end up being a variation on

1) get captured/tortured 2) escape 3) repeat.

As it was, we interspersed the Midnight game with a more traditional setting. This lightened things up quite a bit. In the Midnight game I ran, the PC's constantly had to make the choice as to whether it was worthwhile to strike, knowing that the Shadow was more powerful and would come down hard on any left behind.

They started a few uprisings, which was very cool, but left a trail of burned villages in their wake, too. It's very dramatic, but can get heavy.

EvilElitest
2007-04-26, 02:09 PM
I like it, the high mortality rate appeals to me,

But my group was sick, they started their own group of terriost based after the Middle eastern groups, and usesing those tatics started to destroy the shadow
from,
EE

thorgrim29
2007-04-26, 04:39 PM
Whats midnight?

EvilElitest
2007-04-26, 09:17 PM
Whats midnight?

Living hell
from,
EE