PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [3.5] Creatures that are always invisible?

KillianHawkeye
2015-05-07, 07:17 PM
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get some input on what creatures exist in the various 3.5 supplements which have either long-term or "always on" invisibility.

Obviously, I'm already aware of the invisible stalker. There's also the hellcat, which I believe is functionally invisible in bright light, and the gelatinous cube that's just really difficult to see due to being transparent. But those are all from the main Monster Manual; are there any creatures with similar abilities in other books? I am especially unfamiliar with things from setting-specific splat books.

I suppose creatures such as the pixie, with either at-will invisibility or at-will greater invisibility, also count. Unseen servants, on the other hand, do not count because they're a spell effect and not a real creature.

* Bonus points if the creature is generally humanoid in shape.

Karl Aegis
2015-05-07, 08:00 PM
Greater Barghests in humanoid form

ZamielVanWeber
2015-05-07, 08:05 PM
Great Wyrm Force Dragon.

Chronos
2015-05-07, 10:13 PM
Will-o'-wisps are another invisible one from core.

And if you're counting hellcats, then you should also count shadow mastiffs.

Psyren
2015-05-07, 11:24 PM
Note that any creature that is ethereal (like a ghost) is always invisible as well, unless it manifests on the material.

ksbsnowowl
2015-05-08, 12:55 AM
Phantom Fungus.

Pixie.

Maurezhi (Demon) - Fiend Folio. Has Invisibility at will.

Any giant with the Primordial Giant template (Secrets of Xen'drik) can gain Invisibility at will.

Troll Stalker from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. (It is a troll/invisible stalker hybrid).

Farastu (Demodand) - Fiend Folio. Has Invisibility at will.
Kelubar (Demodand) - same as the Farastu.
Shator (Demodand) - same.

Paeliryon (Devil) - Fiend Folio. Has Invisibility at will.

Xerfilstyx (Devil) - Fiend Folio (note, updated in FC2). Has greater invisibility at will.

Formian Observer - Fiend Folio - invisibility at will.

Imps (core, and Fiend Folio) - invisibility at will.

Cuprilach (Rilmani) - Fiend Folio - invisibility at will.
Ferrumach (Rilmani) - Fiend Folio - invisibility at will.

Shedu - Fiend Folio - invisibility at will.

Piscoloth (Yugoloth) - Fiend Folio - invisibility at will.

Shadow Creature - Lords of Madness - in anything except full daylight it is effectively invisible.

Necroticplague
2015-05-08, 01:18 AM
Any creature with the void subtype is permanently invisible unless they either attack or decide to become visible. Except you need True Seeing, not just See Invis to see them. They can either become visible or go back to being invisible as a free action.

Of creatures tht have the void subtype without the subtype ritual fom SS, you have Void Walker and Void Hounds. The former look like bald, grey humans (though they are actually evil outsiders), while the later look like six-legged hairless dogs with spikes coming out of them.

Hiro Quester
2015-05-08, 02:37 AM
unseen servants

ezkajii
2015-05-08, 12:20 PM
It might be worth checking out the Monster Compendium (link in sig) and searching the special qualities and SLAs columns for "invis" (to account for "invisiblity" and "naturally invisible").

Thurbane
2015-05-08, 08:28 PM
Any creature with 6 levels of Warlock or Dragonfire Adept (Walk Unseen lesser invocation).