PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Casting Spells as Class X from the Spell List of Y for an X/Y Character

booitsjwu
2015-05-07, 10:58 PM
An example of what I mean is a wizard/cleric casting spells from her wizard spell list as a cleric or vice versa. Is it possible?

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-07, 11:00 PM
Southern Magician (some FR book) lets a Cleric prepare and cast Cleric spells as Arcane spells.

Arcane Disciple (Complete Divine) lets a Wizard prepare Cleric domain spells, but I'm pretty sure they're cast as arcane spells.

Geomancer (Complete Divine) lets you mix the two, but I forget exactly how.

booitsjwu
2015-05-07, 11:29 PM
Southern Magician (some FR book) lets a Cleric prepare and cast Cleric spells as Arcane spells.

Arcane Disciple (Complete Divine) lets a Wizard prepare Cleric domain spells, but I'm pretty sure they're cast as arcane spells.

Geomancer (Complete Divine) lets you mix the two, but I forget exactly how.

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that I was not looking to cast spells as either arcane or divine. I was specifically looking for ways to use the cleric spell slots for wizard spells but I just remembered one: the Hathran's Rashemi Spirit Magic. Can anyone think of any others?

AmberVael
2015-05-07, 11:53 PM
Another method is using Dweomerkeeper's Mantle of Spells feature, though it has some limitations.

booitsjwu
2015-05-09, 02:41 AM
Yeah but with Acorn of Far Travel, Hathran 1 gives you spontaneous casting across spell lists for all of your spells. How nice is that?

Pluto!
2015-05-09, 04:24 AM
Trailblazer's alternate casting multiclassing mechanics make this sort of situation a lot less stupid.

booitsjwu
2015-05-09, 11:02 PM
Anyone know of any other ways to cast from class X's spell slots as class Y?

AnonMD
2015-05-10, 01:22 PM
Samsarans, but they can't cross arcane spells with divine spells.