PDA

View Full Version : exalted 3rd?

pasko77
2015-05-08, 08:50 AM
Are there any news on it, leaving aside the obnoxious progress bars on their site?
It is, how much, 6 months late on their estimation, I cannot help but feel a little disappointed about the expectation on the game with the biggest ratio (quality of the settings) / (quality of the rules) ever.

Anonymouswizard
2015-05-08, 09:54 AM
Are there any news on it, leaving aside the obnoxious progress bars on their site?
It is, how much, 6 months late on their estimation, I cannot help but feel a little disappointed about the expectation on the game with the biggest ratio (quality of the settings) / (quality of the rules) ever.

I don't know, but Exalted 3 and Mage20 are why Onyx Path are trying to move away from firm dates, under the idea of 'we want to release a product that isn't half-baked'. So all I can say is that it's in the same stage as M20 is, so you can expect the backer pdf to be released relatively shortly, although that's saying 'probably within a span of months instead of years'.

Project slip is inevitable in any area, but take heart in that, unlike Scion, it's bar actually shows that it's had work done on it (I refuse to except any work has been done on a stage until the next stage starts here). Otherwise, all I can say is, I hope it comes out soon, because I've been waiting for 3e before picking up Exalted.

Friv
2015-05-09, 04:36 PM

The developers are involved in a teaser thread over on RPG.net, although asking them directly about when the game will come out is generally ignored. Their last update on the subject was that the book is fully written and playtested, and is now in art layout, meaning it could be out in the next 1-6 months.

Personally, I expect it some time early next year.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-05-09, 07:36 PM
I think the date slips back another week every time someone asks this question.

Sith_Happens
2015-05-10, 04:58 AM

I think Onyx Path is secretly a subsidiary of Valve.:smalltongue:

Anonymouswizard
2015-05-10, 05:59 AM

Are the delays because Half Life 3 is running off the same engine? :smallwink:

Sith_Happens
2015-05-10, 06:41 AM
Are the delays because Half Life 3 is running off the same engine? :smallwink:

No, Half Life 2: Episode 3 is. Half Life 3 uses the same engine as nWoD 3e.:smalltongue:

Anonymouswizard
2015-05-10, 07:24 AM
No, Half Life 2: Episode 3 is. Half Life 3 uses the same engine as nWoD 3e.:smalltongue:

Please, it'll be Half Life 2, Episode 2, Act 1, you forgot they can't use 3. :smalltongue:

I am looking forward to Exalted 2 Episode 1.

Elricaltovilla
2015-05-10, 07:32 AM
GabeN is allergic to the number 3.

Morty
2015-05-10, 10:04 AM
Last week's meeting notes said that the person responsible for it is still making her way through the initial layout. Given that this book is mammoth-sized, we can expect it to take a while.

pasko77
2015-05-10, 11:43 AM

Oh. Err... uhm... sorry? :P

Lord Raziere
2015-05-10, 12:25 PM

I've been thinking pretty much the same thing really.

By now, I'm pretty sure I could've just saved myself the wait and just made my own Fate conversion or used Strands of Fate for it. and even then, my interest in Exalted is honestly declining a little. it was made clear to me that its not what I wanted it to be two years ago, and during those two years I've gone around picked up other RPG's, seen what other worlds and systems can do, had more time to think about what I want, and Exalted is not something that gets me all that passionate anymore. I still like it for doing something different, but its not my different y'know?

Grod_The_Giant
2015-05-16, 12:26 PM
I've been thinking pretty much the same thing really.

By now, I'm pretty sure I could've just saved myself the wait and just made my own Fate conversion or used Strands of Fate for it. and even then, my interest in Exalted is honestly declining a little. it was made clear to me that its not what I wanted it to be two years ago, and during those two years I've gone around picked up other RPG's, seen what other worlds and systems can do, had more time to think about what I want, and Exalted is not something that gets me all that passionate anymore. I still like it for doing something different, but its not my different y'know?
I did an M&M conversion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?258324-Exalts-and-Excellencies-playing-Exalted-using-Mutants-and-Masterminds-rules) that worked fairly well in the short campaign we ran.

Lord Raziere
2015-05-16, 12:46 PM
I did an M&M conversion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?258324-Exalts-and-Excellencies-playing-Exalted-using-Mutants-and-Masterminds-rules) that worked fairly well in the short campaign we ran.

Cool....

*reads thread, sees Hiro Protagonists comment about Ex3 being out in December.....in the year 2012*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA........we were so naive about its release date back then.

but I do sympathize with him on the Strands of Fate thing. that system really needs more love.