PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Quick help- demonic/ cultists safe houses.

Kol Korran
2015-05-08, 12:23 PM
Hey folks. We have a session tomorrow, and I could use help with planning a few mini encounters.

The encounters re for 2 martial characters (Barb 12/ tier 4 champion and Ninja 12/ tier 4 trickster. Mythic rules. This should make them approximately 15th level character equivalent.). They might have the support of a 9th level wizard and a 9th level cleric, mostly for buffing and transport.

The situation is s this: The party (hopefully) will find a nation wide spread network of cultists who work for a demon invasion (We side trek a bit from the Wrath of the Righteous path), who have infiltrated the crusaders' nation. In one night, they (and quite a lot of other forces) go on a raids to eliminate said cultists and demons, in one fell swoop.

The barbarian and Ninja will lead the strike against 3 prime targets which are... well, what I'm asking help with! :smalltongue: I want to have 3 safe houses, with somewhat different opponents. 2 of which should provide moderate challenge, while the last should prove a good challenge (Though winnable one) for these 2 characters plus their 9th level caster support. The party will strike each location one at a time, with the aid of teleport.

The Barbarian is a focused damage dealer, who'se main shtick is critting for insne amounts of damage (put a lot of effort to that), while the Ninja cannot be traced while invisible (due to a legendary item ability), but doesn't deal nearly as much damage).

The emphasis should be on fun combat encounters (This is what the two love), and less on flavor, (They like it less), but humor is always good! :smallwink:

The game is tomorrow, so help is quite urgent!
Thanks in advance, Kol!

Spore
2015-05-08, 05:33 PM
Mechanics you say, hum?

1. Encounter: Kalavakus, slavers of the Abyss. Use 2-3 and several acolytes, wizards or clerics. Make the NPC recommend Protection from Evil (because their will saves are poor) but make the clerics and wizards use dispel magic as well.

2. Encounter: Shadow demons with a high ranking cleric amidst. Breakable windows, playing with the light level. Not beatable by raw damage. Should use the light powerlessness.

3. Encounter: Something big and epic. I'm unsure if they can down a Mythic Nalfeshnee but with spell support they should be able to.

Kol Korran
2015-05-09, 03:38 AM
I've definitely taken the Shadow demons idea. Nice one! I would have used the Klavakus only they fight 2 of those in a big battle just prior to that.

A mythic Nalfashee coems a bit after that... :p

I am still thinking what to use, but currently thinking of a corrupted green dragon. As a sort of unexpected surprise. Need to think more of it.

Thanks!

Spore
2015-05-09, 04:01 AM
I am still thinking what to use, but currently thinking of a corrupted green dragon.!

If it can fly or is in some sort of forest environment, you're planning a TPK. If it's chained down inside, the party might have a chance.

Kol Korran
2015-05-09, 06:55 AM
Hmmmm... my idea us that the dragon impersonated a high ranking treasurer. He catches wind that the safe houses are targeted, and seeks to escape, but not before taking a share bit of the treasury itself.
The two PC's along with their support catch it in the vaults, which eases a bit the fighting conditions... I hope...