PDA

View Full Version : HTML game design : I need YOU! (Please?) [Ideas wanted]

Gandariel
2015-05-08, 02:17 PM
Hello playground !

I come to you with a request:

To keep it simple, I am attending a small HTML and CSS course and as a project I am supposed to create a We site, and I want to make a game.

What game? What kind of game? Here is where I ask YOU!

I'd like you guys to help me out with the idea for my site

Note: just the idea, brainstorming, etc. I don't need (or want) any actual coding help.

Clarification:

I want help in designing and fleshing out a game website.

I know HTML and CSS. I know C and a tiiiny bit of Java, but nothing else. I am willing to learn new stuff to make it work, but to an extent (this is not a university course and my actual exams are in a month or so, I don't have a HUGE amount of time to devote to this)

So, Playground, I ask for your ideas :D

The first thing I thought was a pretty simple thing: one of those text-adventure books that were popular some time ago ("if you choose to do X, go to page 75")

Other than that, I have some vague ideas in mind: some sort of site based around hovering and clicking on things on the page, which makes images transform and pop ups appear?
a monkey-Island-esque site where users pun-battle ?

Playground, I'm open to your ideas!!

Cespenar
2015-05-08, 02:41 PM
Easy peasy. :smalltongue:

The site picks a random city. You can probably pull a pool of city names from somewhere. Then it google-searches 5 pictures of the city. Then it shows those pictures to you one by one, and you try to guess the city. The fewer pictures shown before you answer correctly, the more points you get.

Gandariel
2015-05-08, 03:27 PM
That.... is actually pretty reasonable!

this is both within my abilities, and actuallu pretty fun!
Thank You!! I'll definitely keep this one in mind.

Any other proposals? I'd like to hear a few voices before I make a decision

Cespenar
2015-05-09, 01:34 AM
No problem, happy to help. Do show the result if you can.

Kaptin Keen
2015-05-09, 04:46 AM
Where are you based?

Gandariel
2015-05-09, 10:11 AM
What do you mean? Like, what country i live in?

Kaptin Keen
2015-05-09, 01:44 PM
Precisely.

Also, take a look at Steam Birds. Would that - or something like it - be inside your ability?

Gandariel
2015-05-09, 01:48 PM
Steam birds seems to be a flash game. Sorry, totally different (and out of my abilities, for now).

I'm from Italy, anyways.

Kaptin Keen
2015-05-09, 01:57 PM
Alright. Your text book adventure idea isn't half bad. It takes a bit of work though - not for the game, but for the text.

Did you ever take a look at Fallen London?