PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Becoming a Lich (or something else)

dpatino
2015-05-08, 02:25 PM
I'm playing an arcanist in a campaign where I will have the ability to ascend to lichdom. Flavor and fluff reasons aside, I need to decide how to prepare for it. The character has a 7 charisma which, coupled with the +2 Cha from the template and his 12 Con, would result in -2 hit points per HD when converted. I can bump Cha at level 8, 12, and 16 at the expense of Intelligence. This will of course make my spells weaker. I have the following questions regarding this:

1) Should I just take the hit in hit points and rely on self-healing, DR, and use more defensive magic?
2) Should I boost Cha from level gains and magic items at the expense of intelligence?
3) Should I use a different "immortal" creature template like Worm that Walks or Vampire?

Spore
2015-05-08, 05:50 PM
This isn't really as big a problem for a Lich. You have spells to pad your HP (False Life, Greater False Life), you cannot truly die. Just add Dread Lich onto the Lich Template and call it a day: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/dread-lich-cr-1-or-3

Milo v3
2015-05-08, 09:08 PM
This isn't really as big a problem for a Lich. You have spells to pad your HP (False Life, Greater False Life), you cannot truly die. Just add Dread Lich onto the Lich Template and call it a day: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/dread-lich-cr-1-or-3

That's 3rd party though, so many GM's wont allow it.

Frostthehero
2015-05-09, 12:14 AM
Personally, I would get the spell genesis. Forgive me if I am remembering incorrectly, but I believe that no one can access the plane you create. Put your phylactery there. Who cares if you die?

Hrugner
2015-05-09, 01:11 AM
I'm maybe a bit biased toward walking bug swarms, but it seems like worm that walks beats lich across the board. Being immune to targeted magic not generated by yourself is really potent, fast healing equal to your CR is also really convenient for someone who can just discorporate as a free action.

Spore
2015-05-09, 04:29 AM
That's 3rd party though, so many GM's wont allow it.

Well, the DM allowed Lichdom so I figured maybe he wants the PC still PLAYABLE.

Personally, I would get the spell genesis. Forgive me if I am remembering incorrectly, but I believe that no one can access the plane you create. Put your phylactery there. Who cares if you die?

Which is fine when the Lich is by himself. But being stopped from continuing for 1d10 days is a rather dampening experience for most groups.