PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Homebrewing Idea: The Vessel

Ancalidormis
2015-05-09, 12:08 AM
How might one go about building a new base class based around a character who had a bound spirit of an outsider within their body and soul?

Very powerful and old magic, perhaps even from the Deities themselves, cursed these spirits into your body. They will remain locked inside you, not always conscious and aware, until you meet with your death. When your death comes they die too, dragged and carried to the afterlife with your spirit to face final judgement.

khadgar567
2015-05-09, 12:24 AM
How might one go about building a new base class based around a character who had a bound spirit of an outsider within their body and soul?

Very powerful and old magic, perhaps even from the Deities themselves, cursed these spirits into your body. They will remain locked inside you, not always conscious and aware, until you meet with your death. When your death comes they die too, dragged and carried to the afterlife with your spirit to face final judgement.
sorry to bust your bauble but there is a class called summoner and Synergist archtype for your idea in srd pathfinder

Ancalidormis
2015-05-09, 12:32 AM
its similar in concept, but not exactly what im looking for.

I'm imagining something between a Bloodrager, Synergist Summoner, and Oracle.

I wanted it to be somewhere conceptually between naruto/nine-tailed fox and the exorcist.

Imagine a balor being fused to a child, and that child growing up under the influence of such a powerful evil, even if not fully aware of it. Imagine if that child started to take on fiendish traits and used fiendish powers, without full control over it. Eventually the child might grow to overcome and control the influence and power, but it is a long hard road outta hell.

khadgar567
2015-05-09, 01:17 AM
Ancalidormis now you can request the homebrew like to see the results.In your first post you just don't give enough knowledge to understand what you want

Ancalidormis
2015-05-09, 02:00 AM
Ancalidormis now you can request the homebrew like to see the results.In your first post you just don't give enough knowledge to understand what you want

Apologies, I've been going through classes, trying to find a similar concept of what I'm looking for. With some help from facebook and some searching, I've stumbled across the Medium (from the Occult Adventures playtest) and the Bloodrager (from Advanced Class Guide). You could also include bits of the Daevic, I suppose.

What I want is to build a set of spirits, based off of each of the following outsider groups:

Aeons, Agathions, Angels, Archons, Asuras, Azatas, Daemons, Demons, Devils, Divs, Elementals, Genies, Inevitables, Kami, Kyton, Oni, Protean, Psychopomp, Qlippoth, and Rakshasa.

I'm thinking about something akin to the Vestiges or whatever they were called from 3.5 edition.

This class, which I wish to call "The Vessel" for now, chooses one spirit, which was bound to the character's body and soul. In flavor, the spirit could have always been there (from birth) or was done so later, your choice. Its unable to be removed without killing the character.

It lies dormant within the character, until the moment calls for it awaken and seize control over the character. You go into a rage-like transformation, where you take on a hybrid form that is aesthetically similar to both the spirit and character. In this form you lose casting (at least initially), but gain the ability to utilize some of the powers from the spirit.

EdroGrimshell
2015-05-09, 03:33 PM
Um, I just recently made this same class not too long ago, with the same name, using the Evolutionist as a base. If you look in my Extended Signature it's right at the bottom of the Base Class section. It's for 3.5 but it's easily updateable to Pathfinder.

There's also the Ravaged Soul from Villains of Pact Magic (I'm not sure if this was updated to pathfinder or not) made by Radiance House. There's an adaptation of the first book (Spirits of Pact Magic) that they made and is included in the Pathfinder SRD. The ravaged soul is permanently bound to an anima spirit as a way to mitigate some kind of personal defect, such as blindness or a lame leg, something along those lines. You may consider that a decent base.