PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Template

Greyen
2007-04-19, 08:04 AM
Ok, I do not have my books with me ATM. After reading the comic today I am thinking about the Death Knight template. I remember reading it somewhere a while ago but I cannot for the life of me remember where of what kind of coolness it imparts. Where would I find the template and what do you all think about it? Would it be worth it for a character to pursue?

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-04-19, 09:01 AM
The Death Knight template can be found in MM 2 or in one of the DragonLance books (Campaign Setting, I think).

The downside of becoming a Death Knight is that you have to die, but other than that it seems cool :-P

Tweekinator
2007-04-19, 09:28 AM
It's in the MM2, page 208. And I'll second the pretty cool-ness of it.

Person_Man
2007-04-19, 10:22 AM
It's definitely not meant for PC's. Blindsight, Immunities, Spell Resistance, Wraith Form, Fear Aura, etc.

Assassinfox
2007-04-19, 10:29 AM
It'd make an awesome member of an all-undead party, if you don't mind the +5 LA. :smalltongue:

Zephyros
2007-04-19, 10:37 AM
There 's also a Death Knight PrC in the Alliance and Horde Compendium (from S&S) Nice stuff that is based on the blade that Ner'Zhul gave to the DK which sucks life and soul from him, thus making him undead. And you get some nifty badass abilities such as Death Coil , Death Pact etc etc. For warcraft lovers...

the_tick_rules
2007-04-19, 10:47 AM
it's a good template, but as mentioned it's a very evil and somewhat servatorial template so a PC taking it would be a strange idea.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-19, 10:51 AM
There 's also a Death Knight PrC in the Alliance and Horde Compendium (from S&S) Nice stuff that is based on the blade that Ner'Zhul gave to the DK which sucks life and soul from him, thus making him undead. And you get some nifty badass abilities such as Death Coil , Death Pact etc etc. For warcraft lovers...

That's a pretty awesome Prc but it's mainly for enemies. A high level Warcraft Death Knight commanding a group of low level undead can be devastating. Oddly the Prc never turns you undead, just gives you some pseudo-undead abilities.

Caelestion
2007-04-19, 10:52 AM
They also arise by divine intervention only - hence the inability to be turned and the susceptibility to being banished to their divine patron's plane.

Person_Man
2007-04-19, 11:06 AM
Isn't there also a Bone Knight PrC somewhere? I remember it being broken as well. Something about being immune to damage.

Zincorium
2007-04-19, 03:42 PM
The best thing to compare the Death Knight to when deciding whether or not to allow it is the Lich. The two are very similar, although the lich is a little more resistant to being destroyed permanently. Having played in a campaign alongside someone with the template before, it's nifty but not anywhere near overpowering.