PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Swiftblade Bloodline

BettyBlack
2015-05-09, 05:57 AM
So I'm building a Swiftbalde who enters it after 6 levels of Sorcerer. It's actually a 3.5 game, but we're using the Pathfinder Sorcerer to distinguish it from the Wizard a bit. I'm playing a Human with the Obah-Blessed template, and I'm getting the Martial Weapon Proficiency from the Militia feat.

What I would like to know is what people think the best bloodline would be for me to take for my 6 levels of Sorcerer. Right now I'm leaning toward the Imperial for the moral bonus and diplomacy (plus it works well with my character fluff), or arcane to grab the extra spell per day. But perhaps some other people have cool ideas or know Sorcerers quite well and could clue me in to a cool ability for Swiftblades or gishes that can be gained in those early levels. I will just have the six levels of sorcerer and will likely never come back to it, so keep that in mind.

Thanks!

Elricaltovilla
2015-05-09, 09:17 AM
Aberrant bloodline's Long Limbs would be a nice bonus for any melee character. I'd recommend Orc bloodline, but if you're only taking 6 levels of Sorcerer, then you won't get the very gish friendly strength bonuses.

Arcane is usually the "best" bloodline because of the extra spells, but you won't actually get new spells with only 6 levels of sorcerer. You will get their metamagic adept ability, but it's only once per day.

I'd probably recommend Aberrant, that extra 5 ft. of reach is just one of the best options for a gish, and there really isn't much else that looks stellar.

grarrrg
2015-05-09, 12:37 PM
Aberrant bloodline's Long Limbs would be a nice bonus for any melee character....

I'd probably recommend Aberrant, that extra 5 ft. of reach is just one of the best options for a gish, and there really isn't much else that looks stellar.

That 5ft. of Reach ONLY applies to Melee TOUCH (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/aberrant-bloodline) attacks.

As for which Bloodline...you're largely looking at what the Arcana gives you, and the 3rd level power.
Most 1st level powers have a "bonus equal to 1/2 Sorc level" type thing that makes them poor choices for Multi-classing/PrCing.

3rd level powers largely consist of some combination of "Resist Energy", "Natural Armor" and "+X to [situation Save]".

Since 6 levels is basically a dip...TO THE DIPPING GUIDE! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?230500-Pathfinder-Dipping-for-Fun-and-Profit-%28mostly-Profit%29&p=12613031#post12613031)
1S) Arcane > Arcane Bond as Wizard
1S) Draconic > +1 damage per die on Damage Spells (that match your energy type)
1S) Harrow > +5% to Divination Spell results. Maximum 'useful reply' chance is 100%
1S) Impossible > Constructs are susceptible to Mind-Affecting spells, and Constructs are treated as Living creatures for your spells.
1S) Nanite > Self-target Transmutation spells last 50% longer
1S) Orc > Light Sensitivity, Darkvision 60ft. (or +30ft.), +1 damage per die on Damage Spells
Arcane > Familiar
1S) Pestilence > Vermin are susceptible to Mind-Affecting spells
1S) Serpentine > Your Mind-Affecting and Language-Dependent spells can affect Animals, Magical Beasts, and Monstrous Humanoids as if they were Humanoids
1S) Undead > Undead are susceptible to Mind-Affecting spells
1AS) Empyreal > Wis instead of Cha for Sorc abilities
Sage > Int instead of Cha for Sorc abiliites

3S) Aberant > +5ft. on Melee Touch attacks
Abyssal > Electricity Resist 5, +2 Save vs. Poison
Accursed > +2 Save vs. various
Aquatic > Swim Speed 30ft.
Boreal > Cold Resist 5
Celestial > Acid/Cold Resist 5
Daemon > Acid Resist 5, +2 Save vs. Poison/Death
Div > Fire Resist 5, +2 Save vs. Poison
Djinni > Electricity Resist 10
Draconic > Natural Armor +1, choice of Energy Resist 5
Efreeti > Fire Resist 10
Elemental > choice of Energy Resist 10
Ghoul > Cold Resist 5, +1 Natural Armor
Harrow > +1 Luck bonus to Save of choice, can change which save as Full-Round
Impossible > Craft Wondrous Item feat, can ignore 1 spell prerequisite when Crafting
Imperious (Human-only) > 5 added Class Skills (3 Knowledges, Diplomacy, Linguistics), and +CHA bonus to them when used 'about humans'
Infernal > Fire Resist 5, +2 Save vs. Poison
Marid > Cold Resist 10
Orc > +4 Save vs. Fear, +1 Natural Armor
Pestilence > Immune Sickened, +4 Save vs. Nausea/Disease
Protean > Resist Acid 5, +2 Save vs. various
Serpentine > At will Speak With Animals (reptiles only), Viper Familiar at Sorc level -2
Shadow > Darkvision 30ft.
Shaitan > Resist Acid 10
Starsoul > Low Light Vision, Cold/Fire Resist 5
Stormborn > Electricity/Sonic Resist 5
Undead > Cold Resist 5, DR 5/- Nonleathal
Verdant > +2 Saves vs. Poison/Sleep, 'Sustenance' effect

Xerlith
2015-05-09, 01:30 PM
Looking at grarrrg's list, I'd go with Nanite bloodline. 50% longer Haste duration (and all polymorphs as well) is nothing to scoff at. 1/day +9 to any d20 roll is nice to have, too.

BettyBlack
2015-05-10, 03:20 PM
I went with Nanite bloodline, thanks for all your help!