PDA

View Full Version : [LS] Chapter XI: '...And The Rain Killed The Flowers' (IC)

Mornings
2015-05-09, 02:55 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/DreadfulMorning/SHATTERED%20STAR/LS%20Chatper%20XI/CHAPTER%20XI_zps8xpvnm0s.png

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/DreadfulMorning/SHATTERED%20STAR/CATHEDRAL%20RUIN_zpsbeo2l47i.png

The walls of the long forsaken halls, once holy, were covered with black ash, dirt, and scum, adding to the gloom of the dilapidated structure. The long aisle that led up to the Cathedral's alter, and center, was about 10 ft wide, a long, old worn red carpet lazily made its way up the hundred and twenty foot expanse from the door to the foot of the large dais. On either side of the walkway were shattered and broken wooden pews, the benches had not been used in centuries. The wood itself was petrified and appeared almost as a dark blackish stone. Pieces of broken wood could be seen on occasion littering the black and white marble tiled floor, in the few spots not covered with varying sections of parchment...

"There was once light, a floor, and yes, once even windows. However, long ago, a creature, a man, once. Was condemned within these hallowed walls. He possessed a gift, that fed upon his despair, and his masters' provided him all the suffering necessary. His gift bestowed upon him 'The Call', the god's sight, letting him see into all times, all lives, all existence, as a single entity. Madness took him... In time.

For centuries, he painted upon those loose pieces of discarded paper, they covered the walls. They covered the windows. They littered the floor. His hands obeyed a will of their own, creating scenes of his visions with an unnatural dexterity and skill. Before 'The War', before all of the wretched souls that bleed these lands were incinerated in the terrible bleak cloud of darkened fire. He had purpose. He possessed use to his Master's. Now all were dead, his life erased from existence, like the lives of those that once lived here. Only these frail, glass like images scattered about remain. "

Upon the left wall, nothing but the images were visible. Black streaks of paint ran over some, as if to erase those pictures all together. Large pillars separated the pews from the wall, about 5 ft thick each, stretching up into the darkness of the ceiling, so large was it, that the dim candle light would not even reach it. In the distance, perched lazily upon the desecrated alter sat a man. He wore large billowing crimson robes, two heavy leather belts held the large garment to him tightly, once across his waist and another coming down from across his shoulder. His hair was straight, but short and brown. he possessed a vary neat and well kept appearance, somewhat noble. A varying array of jewelry adorned his body, and a small 6'' dagger clinging tightly to his right side. His features were sharp, but pleasant, with what could be viewed as a mischievous smile that seemed to naturally come to his delicate jaw.
He was not a large my by any standard, standing only about 5'9'', with a light and slime frame, but held a presence of strength about him, and an air of elegance in his mannerisms. His eyes were keen, sharp like a merchant's might be, some how seeming to always be withholding some malicious intent while betraying that notion with his calm, and welcoming gestures. A Hard man to read.

Nelrin'Fel

He sat upon half of a broken pew far from the walk way of the central aisle. The wood was petrified, and felt as stone. The maroon deep-leather of the tomes he possessed sat next to him, while the one he had opened sat open before him in his lap. He could hear the man's voice speak, as the blank pages were filled with words as they were spoken. It was a haunting display. Far in the distance another 80 ft off, another man sat upon a broken pew. He could only see his back, but his hair was dark and long, haggard and unkempt. The man upon the alter and the man in the seat seemed to be having a conversation. While he could make out their words, they seemed to pay him no mind, and he cared little for them. He came to finish these tomes. The rest was simply a means. His hands ran up to his head. His large 2 ft antlers sat atop his head once more. His long black robes, seemed solid, and physical. For the first time in perhaps a century. He wondered what this place was... He'd never heard of such a place. It was quiet and eerie. Yet still he could feel the presence of another. A Brother. He felt it strongly from that strange, black-haired man. He ran his hands through his own silvered hair. He had never met a Brother with black hair before. Never heard of one either... He was unnatural, but he could feel his strength. It made his knees lock and tremble. A force so crushing a small line of blood began to run down his nose as if a pressure began to build in his head. Even Tansal'ri did not possess anywhere near this amount of untamed power. He took a breath to steady himself. Perhaps he would look into that... later.

The Son of the Morning

He smiled his bare-faced smile. Familiar and sickening, for he knew the man far too well. " Oh, my dearest Kal!" He gestured dramatically to the blackness of the ceiling and the golden dome above the alter. " I am so glad... nay! Moved! You have returned to me... again." His eyes narrowed devilishly. A familiar look he had grown to hate... and fear. Damas'ky was a man of habit and tradition, even if those habit's were ever cloaked in a veil of misleading words and act. To see that expression once more... He remembered the last time. The last time he saw that look. He had been sent out to that place... that reflection of his memory, of that arcane school. Segenhall. Where Arch-Magister Marries defended them from the siege of the Basmaeal as they fled into the deepest darkness of the Forest of Shattered Ash. That infernal place... His skin prickled at the thought. The thought of The Burning Tide, the creatures that stalked them, and all the good souls he'd left to die, fleeing with Ellie into that dreadful place. He left Marries, he left Adair, he left them all... yet The Children of The Fallen pursued them still. The memories were but a haze now. But he remembered the lessons Mel, Hen, and all his friends had given to him. He'd grown so much stronger from it, and returned. He feared to ask why he'd been called again...

Lazy Roman
2015-05-10, 10:27 AM
The Son of the Morning

[Perception Damas'ky]
[Perception Kole'fien]
[Perception Cathedral]
[Equipment Check]

The Ronin quickly takes a moment to readjust his position. He stands up and sits on top of the backrest of the pew, posting one foot against the seat and the other against the backrest as if to push off if needed. He quickly uses his blindsight gaze to survey Damas'ky, the Cathedral and its other visitors. He looks for something new about him. Damas'ky is always scheming, destroying lives. The Ronin could only wonder what he was plotting now. He continues his survey of the room while keeping his physical eyes staring at Damas'ky the entire time. It's not like he saw with his physical eyes anyway. Stopping for a moment on the left wall with the large mural like paintings. All the times he was here he never really stopped to look at it. His mind is racing with all the times he's been here. The smashed pews from his fight with the Basmaeal and his encounter with 'her' when his mind, body and soul fragmented for the first time. Thinking back to the ritual on this very altar. His dried blood from the ritual and his charred flesh from the duel resting there. Damas'ky just sitting there. Basically dancing on his grave. His blindsight gaze goes to Kole'fien and realizes the seriousness of this meeting. His blindsight gaze quickly returns to the monster, Damas'ky. His many encounters with him thinking back to the last time he saw him. Damas'ky kicking him down the hole. He finally returns Damas'ky's greeting with his own infamous smirk and 'charm'."Damas'ky! I thought I smelt something more putrid in here than my own charred flesh. I'd hoped fate and the goddess would keep me from seeing your disgusting sight ever again. Unfortunately I don't think anyone can be that blessed by the goddess. But enough pleasantries. For what do I owe the pleasure of being in your presence again?"

Mornings
2015-05-10, 11:39 AM
Cathedral Ruin

The large man stepped out from the shadows. His long black hair running down his back, his long bangs covering the sides of his face. " Heh. You've gotten sharper. That's good. " The 7 ft tall man, was clad in a dark burnished maroon coat. Dark leathers under that, scarred and torn. Two large bolt-guns strapped to either side of his leg. He held the Kurogatari at his side. The massive 8 ft odachi always looked immense. His face did not seem dire, or in great stress. A change in the usual change. " Your eyes are still blind, but your spirit still see's truly... If only your life shared the same story. Still blind. As ever. Still wondering, as always. And ever, and always, asking the wrong question...Dear Boy. You'll never learn." He lifted his arms to the black ceiling dramatically, looking to the 'sky' as if the answer was waiting up their. He looked back down at the wandering warrior again, a smile upon his lips. " ..Enough. Not every damn meeting needs to be a show, Keeper." He looked to the tall warrior, rolling his head to the side. " Doesn't it though? What would it be like, were it not so!? ...I beg the question. I DARE to question. What is it, if it is not a show? If we are not but actors, marionettes dancing upon our strings, doing our parts...." He stood upon the alter, standing a foot above the man, before his voice rang out in anger, feigned or real, he could not tell. " WHAT ARE WE, IF NOT ACTORS..PUPPETS!? ...SHOULD WE NOT PLAY OUR PART, WELL!? He ran his hands over his face. The expression vanishing from sight as his fingers revealed his features once more. He tilted his head to Kal, looking at him from his shoulder, standing above him, lording over him. "...We all must play our part Dear Boy. When will you learn?" He shook his head. His brown hair settling neatly. "...So then. Dear Boy. There remains, something unseen. Even by those who you'd thought to have the answer... And this of course, is the question! The question, of, 'What is the right question', yes? Of course! So Dear Boy!" He crouched on the alter, to look him directly in the eye, a certain unsteady-eagerness in his twinkling eyes. A sight he had never seen before. A sight that frightened the ronin greatly. Kole'fien signed, taking a breath before speaking. "...For once, I agree with the man." He paused curiously, something that was quite unlike the bold and outspoken warrior he knew so well. " Akoda... Why have you called US, here?" His voice spoke in earnest questioning. He could tell. The man truly did not know...

iValkyrieX
2015-05-10, 03:03 PM
Nelrin'Fel

He flipped the book to the first page... It was blank. he flipped through all of them. They were all blank. Then, a voice filled his mind, and the book returned to the first page. "Ah... So, you're back then are you? Well, shall I continue then? ...It was a long story the last we spoke. But this time... This time, it will be different. For you see. This story has yet to end... for all universes that span the infinate reflections of Ilmwel were forged by The Shards... and as I had previously mentioned. He, The Dreamer... now The Mad God. Was cut down by the man he trusted the most. He took The Shards and forged a sword, the only sword that could fell him.... So let us speak now of that man, and that sword. The Sword of Woe... for all our sins, all of our, pain. The 'system' that cannot be seen, except by those that perceive it and that vast spectrum of forces in existence all stemmed from this... So let us talk about a man named Faeris Grey. Ah, but I forgot. Allow me to introduce myself again. I am The 67th Librarian of The Order, Arch-Magister of Secrets, and Lord of Records, Magister Arcree Kelgore. If we have not spoken before, please say so, after all, I cannot see, haha... But I sense we are in such a delicate place. Let us depart to somewhere more fitting, hm? Perhaps we shall pay a visit to Cathedral Ruin, The Keeper is always so welcoming of guests to hear my tales. I'm sure he would offer his hospitality yet again.... now let us depart."

With the Magister's words fresh in his mind he focuses once more on the book. "My name is Nelrin'Fel. Please tell me Magister, what purpose did you create these tomes for? I simply seek knowledge and it seems that seeking such things has left me in quite a predicament with my sisters and most likely with mother. Tell me what is within these tomes that is held so close to Tansal'Ri to which she will destroy me for knowing."

Lazy Roman
2015-05-10, 05:21 PM
The Son of the Morning

He nodded to Kole'fien as he revealed himself to the group. "Huh, Well I've had alot of time and practice to do so. I'm glad you're here to keep your brother in check. He turns his attention back Damas'ky still keeping his smirk. " I have to admit though I do enjoy your theatrical flair. It makes these meetings a-bit more fun. However I disagree. It's not so much a show as it's a game. The largest one imaginable and we are pieces on a very intricate game board with many different players and many different and unique pieces besides ourselves. Back to the matter at hand though. This is very interesting."" He says as he rests offhand on the handle of the Hikarikiba. "But to get the point, gentlemen. I wish I could tell why I called this meeting but it wasn't I who brought this great group back together. Unless it was under penalty of my own demise. Despite our great relationship Damas'ky. I would not have invited you to it. Although I imagine you would come anyway. So it seems none of us were the ones who summoned us here. Under normal circumstances I would say this was an ambush. However that would be foolish on their part. It'd be much easier picking us off one by one." He nonchalantly picks up one of nearby Tomes from the pew still in his seated position with his free hand and drops it into his bag of holding. "So then please indulge me dear Damas'ky. What is the right question then that we should be asking?"

Mornings
2015-05-10, 05:27 PM
Nelrin'Fel
With the Magister's words fresh in his mind he focuses once more on the book. "My name is Nelrin'Fel. Please tell me Magister, what purpose did you create these tomes for? I simply seek knowledge and it seems that seeking such things has left me in quite a predicament with my sisters and most likely with mother. Tell me what is within these tomes that is held so close to Tansal'Ri to which she will destroy me for knowing."

A voice echoed back in his mind, as the words began to fill the page; Ah! Hello there. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I did not expect a Fel to be reading these tomes. I'm sure you've an interesting story. It was your family that sealed away my works after all... though I suspect someone let a number of them loose to find their way into hands much like yours. I created these tomes to hold The Truth. To Chronicle the deeds of the True World. The world you have lived in, The Haven, as you Children call it, is but a micro-verse created only in recent history thanks to the efforts of Kal'Fel freeing your 'Mother', Night. Who in turn liberated my spirit once more. It's quite the story I assure you... Fear not, that your Mother, Night will not think ill of you for coming this far seeking your freedom. But The Mother of The Black Veil, Hensa... she might disagree. I am very familiar with your family. However. I can speak no further on the matter, for I did not seal the memories of your Kin within this tome, and thus, I cannot access such thoughts at the moment.... Unless you happen to have those other works as well. But I assure you. it is Talri'Fel who would smite you, hunt you, for your 'betrayal'. For my words, and The Truth, cannot exist in your home world. Your small little spit of life is created by a very delicate balance. To disrupt The Balance could cause the very universe your Mother made to collapse upon itself, and The Children would be charged with putting the pieces back together. You must understand, you as a Child, charged with the defense of that world your Mother has blessed you with, have put that home in peril by opening my works. For to perceive such things, is to gain access to it. To Know, is power. Both literal and figuratively speaking. These works contain Truths... and thus. vast amounts of power by knowing suck. But truly it is The Seals these books contain. Things locked away from all the worlds waiting for those who would take up my cause, and seek The Truth as well. You see I was a Librarian of the Order, charged with maintaining the history of this great and wondrous multiverse, and now I share this information with you, freely. But weather you've the capacity to listen and understand the words I will grant you is another factor all together... To know The Truths, you must be able to comprehend them, and such is difficult for many..."

Mornings
2015-05-10, 05:43 PM
V'dri'Fel - The Tragic Villain

He stood within the massive Cathedral... still dumbstruck by the resent events. He looked down at his hands. He was changed. He was more, he was changed. He could feel it. His hair was mist-like silver. His skin still deathly pale. He could feel those about him. 15 ft away, a brother sat far in the corner of a pew. His antlers prodding out proudly from his dark cloak. Nelrin'Fel... He had seen the soul of his brother depart from Talri'Fel as she ascended back to The Blessed Mother to restore the plane. Now he was connected to all of them. The knowledge flooded into his mind. As if connected to some unseen network. He took a step forward... A wave of crushing spiritual force struck him. Blood began to run from his ears. 100ft away, sat a black haired man. speaking to two others. But he knew him instantly. Without question. It was Kal'Fel... Mother's Chosen. The Son of the Morning. He could feel his spiritual presence from where he stood. It made his legs shake and buckle even from this distance. Truly it was the strongest force he had ever felt from one of his own... He wondered what was this strange place, where his brother's had gathered...

Mornings
2015-05-10, 06:28 PM
The Son of the Morning

He nodded to Kole'fien as he revealed himself to the group. "Huh, Well I've had alot of time and practice to do so. I'm glad you're here to keep your brother in check. He turns his attention back Damas'ky still keeping his smirk. " I have to admit though I do enjoy your theatrical flair. It makes these meetings a-bit more fun. However I disagree. It's not so much a show as it's a game. The largest one imaginable and we are pieces on a very intricate game board with many different players and many different and unique pieces besides ourselves. Back to the matter at hand though. This is very interesting."" He says as he rests offhand on the handle of the Hikarikiba. "But to get the point, gentlemen. I wish I could tell why I called this meeting but it wasn't I who brought this great group back together. Unless it was under penalty of my own demise. Despite our great relationship Damas'ky. I would not have invited you to it. Although I imagine you would come anyway. So it seems none of us were the ones who summoned us here. Under normal circumstances I would say this was an ambush. However that would be foolish on their part. It'd be much easier picking us off one by one." He nonchalantly picks up one of nearby Tomes from the pew still in his seated position with his free hand and drops it into his bag of holding. "So then please indulge me dear Damas'ky. What is the right question then that we should be asking?"

Kole'fien put a hand to his head, sighing aloud. " ...Not even Violet would call us all here at once if he was planning some game or ambush. No one's that stupid. Or powerful. But... truly The Call did come from you." He glanced over at the man crouching on his alter. "...And really? Do I look like 'Lights' - Sol Vaelos to you? Brother my ass... I have to deal with this man more frequently then you, but that doesn't make us related. I hope." The cunning man smiled. " Oh come now. Truly i'm not so bad... and I must admit Dear Boy, that was quite the accurate statement, perhaps. But it is also true. That at some point. Now, or a time yet given life. You have called us here. Called yourself here. Called us all... So the question then becomes not 'why', but 'how', does it not? ...For what is it that binds us three? What I wonder what would call us once more like this? I wonder.. I do wonder.." He smiled devilishly. " Tell me, Dear Boy... what is it that we all share? "

Hattish Thing
2015-05-10, 07:23 PM
V'dri'Fel - The Tragic Villain

He stood within the massive Cathedral... still dumbstruck by the resent events. He looked down at his hands. He was changed. He was more, he was changed. He could feel it. His hair was mist-like silver. His skin still deathly pale. He could feel those about him. 15 ft away, a brother sat far in the corner of a pew. His antlers prodding out proudly from his dark cloak. Nelrin'Fel... He had seen the soul of his brother depart from Talri'Fel as she ascended back to The Blessed Mother to restore the plane. Now he was connected to all of them. The knowledge flooded into his mind. As if connected to some unseen network. He took a step forward... A wave of crushing spiritual force struck him. Blood began to run from his ears. 100ft away, sat a black haired man. speaking to two others. But he knew him instantly. Without question. It was Kal'Fel... Mother's Chosen. The Son of the Morning. He could feel his spiritual presence from where he stood. It made his legs shake and buckle even from this distance. Truly it was the strongest force he had ever felt from one of his own... He wondered what was this strange place, where his brother's had gathered...

What was this. Where was this. Questions, questions, simple, simple. All of it had seemed so confusing, so strange, so infuriatingly complicated. And now everything was right again. Everything made sense. What was his name? It didn't matter anymore. Nothing really did. There was only the hate, and the doubt, and the need, a great and burning need to feel. To touch, to taste, to smell, to experience what he could before his time over. This felt good, it felt right. All of it suddenly came together and clicked. The man who once was Avaricious stumbles forward, the world he once knew long gone. He feels a sudden connection course through him as he began to understand it all, as the cogs and gears began to pound away, the whispers he hears in his head quieting down for now as he looks around.

The entity speaks, reaching out forward to nowhere.

"What.... Am... I..."

Lazy Roman
2015-05-11, 03:51 AM
Son of The Morning, Kal S. Akoda

"We are not brothers in the sense of blood but we are still held together by blood. Namely my blood that is. Whenever I’m with one of you the other almost always appears shortly after. You right however there was one thing I know we all do share. I remember it was here when your brother denied everyone access to Elevation and left. Kole'fien proposed what was thought to be impossible. You never spoke of it but you were the only other one who stayed after with Kole'fien and myself that day. Unfortunately, before we could discuss anything. I was attacked and well….” He smirks for a second. “I lost myself for a while. I honestly don't know how I gained my physical form back though the last thing I recall is my discussion with Kole'fien and then darkness and now I'm here again.” He ponders for a moment trying to decide his next action. The Ronin then rises to his feet in a quick snap stands up. “However before we can continue on with this incredibly insane affair will have to wait a few moments. There are guests here. No one comes to this place on a whim or without invitation. I’m going to…greet them.” He turns his attention to the closest stranger the student sitting in the pew reading his little book.

[Activates shadow step]

The blind ronin disappears into the floor he makes his way across the cold cathedral floor until he is right next to Nelrin'Fel.

[Casts Obscuring Mist 40x40 around Nelrin'Fel]

As a large thick fog seems to pillow and builds around them. Kal finally takes his normal form sitting on the pew next to their first visitor. “Welcome to our club house, child. You have come to a place where myths, forgotten gods and legends walk just as you do. This is peculiar, very peculiar indeed. I've never met you before and I've been around long enough to meet most of the folks who would be walking here.”

[Perception]

If he had eyes he would look him down once or twice fortunately and unfortunately for the cursed ronin he did not need too. He wraps an arm around him like an older brother and then brings his attention to the book in their guest’s hands. With the hand not wrapped around Nelrin’s shoulder he takes hold of the book so he can read along. Like a rude student trying to teach off his classmates. “Don’t worry about the other scary men we have some privacy now. So go ahead, tell good old Kallycakes your woes. Young boy who are you and how did you find this place?”

iValkyrieX
2015-05-11, 08:09 AM
Nelrin'Fel

“Don’t worry about the other scary men we have some privacy now. So go ahead, tell good old Kallycakes your woes. Young boy who are you and how did you find this place?”

Kal's words rang through him as he coughed blood directly into his face. "Well this is interesting now. Hello Kal'Fel. I am Nelrin'Fel, but I'm sure you already knew that." Stopping only to cough up more blood but this time directing it to the side that Kal is not on. "I was brought here to enjoy a slight bit of reading by Magister Kelgore and to meet a man that goes by the title of 'The Keeper'." Nelrin starts to look back at his book but lets out a long wheeze of pain and more blood begins to drip from his nose and his mouth. He then states with petulance; "Do you mind if I get back to my reading now I'm sure you'll be reading along as well the best you can with that blindfold on. With all due respect could you not sit next to me with this presence 'KILLING' me"

Lazy Roman
2015-05-11, 02:13 PM
Son of The Morning, Kal S. Akoda

"What was that you said?" He brings his hand to his ear. "It sounded like aagghhhh" He drops his smile for a moment. "Listen child I'm going to be quick with you before the blood starts to run from your eyes. You have some very important books. More important than you can even comprehend. I'm guessing that is why you're here. I'll let you keep this one cause you already started reading it. I hate when I can't finish a book too. But those you left in plain sight by the way you should really hide stuff unless you need too. So if you'll excuse me." He gets up and slides by him like an awkward exchange at the movie theater. "Sorry I can't let a chance like this pass. Don't worry though you'll get em back before you leave." He picks up the books sitting on the pew that Nelrin'Fel had put to his side and walks back to his former group as he does so he opens up one of the books with his offhand and turns to the first page.

Mornings
2015-05-12, 06:25 PM
The Son of the Morning & Nelrin'Fel

As he opened the book. Dark ink began to fill it's surface. A distant gentle song begun to fill his ears. A sweet humming, motherly and loving, that grew in volume, louder and louder. The Ink began to run off the pages and pool on the floor and then-
----

With a flick of his wrist, the massive scabbard slammed the book shut in his hands. " ...Careless boy. Too careless. Or do you have a deathwish? " Damas'ky clapped his hands in giddy glee thoroughly amused. " 'Our Lady of the Black Veil: Vessel of Hensa..... quite the interesting reading material. Did you even read the cover? Dear boy! I am shamed. Even I thought more of you then that... And what's more..." He lifted a hand. The mist cleared, the ronin's hand's shook, trembling violently, as the man seemed to take an incorpreal form, of scarlet mist, removing the tomes from his possession. And slowly walking towards the horned man who sat in the corner, as he rematerialized. The paralysis wearing off. He dropped the books upon the mans lap, on top the book he read. He looked down upon him with deathly seriousness. " You are Nelrin'Fel - The Exiled Son. I am The Keeper, Master of all you see before you, and all time that may be, all space that was, within these walls. I am Damas'ky. Welcome to Cathedral Ruin. I grant you sanctuary here... however...These..." He tapped the books with one finger. "..These do not leave these halls, do you understand? ...You may leave them with me when you are finished, and read them at your leisure. But they shall not be see the light of the sun nor moon, nor stars, and within this place they shall remain, until your Mother says otherwise...I'm sure you've some questions, but I've some bussiness still, so some questions can wait. Until then... Do what you will. " He turned away and begun walking away back towards where he came yet still speaking. " There is no entrance, nor exit to speak of here, nor time to waste, nor time to squander, nor time to consider. So please... Do take your time.." He smiled devilishly over his shoulder. He walked back over to the man, plopping down ungraciously next to Kal, crossing his leg over the other and across his lap. He through an arm over his shoulder, and begun to his in his ear. ' Dear, Dear... Dearest foolish boy. The Son's of Night... other then yourself, are MY WARDS... my charge, you see? My Lovely One, my Dearest One has asked this of me, so I will comply. But you? You? Do you think the world needs you? Do you think you're so....special? Do you think? Do you know? Do you remember? ....Remember, Dear Boy..." He ran his hand through his mangy black hair. " Remember, you are nothing... Remember, you know... nothing. Remember you have failed. That your use has long passed expired. Remember you are weak. Remember you are nothing... " He rose to his feet, turning to sit back on the blood-stained alter. " ..And if you interfere with my duties again... I will kill you boy. Your time has come and gone, and that which once shielded you has slipped from your hands. You're disposable. Replaceable. Expendable.... And only by My Dearest's word, and her good faith in you do you still yet live... but do not test my patience..." He smiled, crossing his legs, and putting his hands upon his lap, smiling gently. Kole'fien eyed him suspiciously, having taken a defensive step away from him. "...Now Dear Boy. Where were we? Ah, yes... Why, oh why, are you here? Are we here. I do wonder..." His eye's were cold and icy like knives.

The Voice of Thunder & V'Dri'Fel

The wave, the oppressive aura stuck him hard, the cloud of mist obscuring his sight. He staggered, and felt as if he was about to fall, when a hand came around him, steadying him. " Welcome Son of Night" His voice was proud and booming. The aura seemed to be repressed while the man held him close. He was an immense man, the complete opposite of the man in red. wearing long blue robes with a large white talbard and hood. His face was stern, he stood a staggering 8 ft tall, with a massive build. He held a huge rod of twisted spun glass in hand. Energy moved about though it, as if it contained lightning. It ended in a large tree like claw. " Welcome, V'Dri... I am Ro'lek, Ward of The Wake. I offer you sanctuary here within these walls. This is Cathedral Ruin, and within this place may you find shelter from the darkness and the cruelty of the world, even if but for awhile... By your Mother's word I've come to see you taken after." He led him to the left, and sat upon one of the pews that were unbroken. " Come. I will answer what I can, and know much, even as to your state of being. "

iValkyrieX
2015-05-14, 03:55 AM
Nelrin'Fel

" You are Nelrin'Fel - The Exiled Son. I am The Keeper, Master of all you see before you, and all time that may be, all space that was, within these walls. I am Damas'ky. Welcome to Cathedral Ruin. I grant you sanctuary here... however...These..." He tapped the books with one finger. "..These do not leave these halls, do you understand? ...You may leave them with me when you are finished, and read them at your leisure. But they shall not be see the light of the sun nor moon, nor stars, and within this place they shall remain, until your Mother says otherwise...I'm sure you've some questions, but I've some business still, so some questions can wait. Until then... Do what you will. " He turned away and begun walking away back towards where he came yet still speaking. " There is no entrance, nor exit to speak of here, nor time to waste, nor time to squander, nor time to consider. So please... Do take your time.."

Nelrin silently thanks the Keeper, and then places the books close to him by his side. He then continues to put his focus into the book in his lap, 'The Sword of Woe: Vessel of the Godeater'. "I am a Fel but I have all but been removed from the family. I have made my own decisions and wish to make my own path now. Please I seek knowledge and truth from you. I wish to read and one day unlock the secrets hidden within these codices. Is there anything you can tell me about the seals beforehand?

Mornings
2015-05-15, 05:35 PM
Nelrin'Fel

Nelrin silently thanks the Keeper, and then places the books close to him by his side. He then continues to put his focus into the book in his lap, 'The Sword of Woe: Vessel of the Godeater'. "I am a Fel but I have all but been removed from the family. I have made my own decisions and wish to make my own path now. Please I seek knowledge and truth from you. I wish to read and one day unlock the secrets hidden within these codices. Is there anything you can tell me about the seals beforehand?

The voice of the Arch-Magister filled his thoughts again, and the words began to inscribe themselves upon the pages, in the same abyssal text. " Yes... I suppose I can. Though not in full. For I've not access to all my memories you see. The Seals cannot be lifted by one who does not understand The Legacy. For any of the books I wrote with my dear friend, Lord Grey. Each book is different however, some, like this one, contains this piece of myself which may speak. While others contain memories. Wonder. Terrible. Memories. Only by understanding and overcoming them will the beginnings of the words come to light. There are many a Codex I have assisted in creating. But they guard and hold The Halls, places of forgotten memory where worlds that no longer exist remain. Powers. Forces, that no longer exist swell. For only The Evernight and Desolation can unmake what is in full. All else. All that is not made new, finds 'death' within existence, and is held within The Halls. Forces far beyond your comprehension dear child, rest within these places.... Fearsome are that which dwell within. But each possesses its own lock. Its own key, and its own challenges. To find the lock one must know. To find the key, one must understand. To survive the crucible. One must be terrible and fearsome. For each hall is defended by The Onyx Guardian, and each gauntlet will prove to be a crucible in it's own right. Fail, and be lost forever. I will speak to you of the truth, but the rest, and the decisions you make, reside within your own hands... Now, shall we begin? "

iValkyrieX
2015-05-16, 05:01 AM
The voice of the Arch-Magister filled his thoughts again, and the words began to inscribe themselves upon the pages, in the same abyssal text. " Yes... I suppose I can. Though not in full. For I've not access to all my memories you see. The Seals cannot be lifted by one who does not understand The Legacy. For any of the books I wrote with my dear friend, Lord Grey. Each book is different however, some, like this one, contains this piece of myself which may speak. While others contain memories. Wonder. Terrible. Memories. Only by understanding and overcoming them will the beginnings of the words come to light. There are many a Codex I have assisted in creating. But they guard and hold The Halls, places of forgotten memory where worlds that no longer exist remain. Powers. Forces, that no longer exist swell. For only The Evernight and Desolation can unmake what is in full. All else. All that is not made new, finds 'death' within existence, and is held within The Halls. Forces far beyond your comprehension dear child, rest within these places.... Fearsome are that which dwell within. But each possesses its own lock. Its own key, and its own challenges. To find the lock one must know. To find the key, one must understand. To survive the crucible. One must be terrible and fearsome. For each hall is defended by The Onyx Guardian, and each gauntlet will prove to be a crucible in it's own right. Fail, and be lost forever. I will speak to you of the truth, but the rest, and the decisions you make, reside within your own hands... Now, shall we begin? "

Nelrin'Fel

Nelrin simply pushes his words out to the Magister within his mind. Thank you Magister. Please continue, I wish to learn what I may while I still can.

Mornings
2015-05-16, 12:42 PM
Nelrin'Fel

Nelrin simply pushes his words out to the Magister within his mind. Thank you Magister. Please continue, I wish to learn what I may while I still can.

Very well. But know this story, is rather short, that it has yet to be complete... and I cannot answer what this memories this tome does not contain. Before The Chapter Angels, and the Legacies were created. There existed only Los. There exist no worlds, no existence to speak of. Only The EverNight... and from this The Dreamer woke. He found his world of perfect night wondrous and beautiful. But in time. Alone. He grew lonely, bored, and discontent. So he created another. She, The Lady. was his only companion, but she detested the endless dark of his world, longed for more. So for her, he created countless pieces of existence. They were but slivers, fragmented pieces of possibility. But to all she was still displeased. He possessed not the mind or insight to fulfill her wish.. and so. With his own hand her cast off a piece of himself, his divinity unto her. The power was beyond anything she could control... And so she was divided and reborn into The Three. The Trinity. The Goddess. From such, they journeyed beyond The EverNight seeing vast expanses of what one might call existence within the endless sea of lights of their kin. Formless and infinite. She took The Dreamer with her, they left those Ages behind them, and she took him to a place, not forgotten, but never born. Never given life. Never forged into the fabrics of reality. A place within their mind and memories, where they were joined. Where what existed, was not existence, but chance. Probability. And hope. From the highest reaches of this strange place. She told him, they would build a paradise. A world where they could be free. It was then. It was their, The Dreamer took The Black Oath, and forged The Shards of The EverNight. He forged the pieces into a single length that bore the weight of all that might be, that would be, that was. He vowed he would not rest... he would let no imperfection lay within their Paradise. He would rebuild and destroy those worlds that did not satisfy Her. Countless worlds, forged. Countless worlds destroyed. Over and over again, in an endless cycle. But somewhere within the deepest darks of The EverNight, The Dreamer's children, The Basmaeal, quested for them both, and released that which had fallen within The Halls, the remains, the fractions of worlds sundered by his Sword of Woe. They took these pieces to The Ever-Present Lady, The Goddess, Arias. She took the splinters into her hands, and cast them between The Night and EvenFall. Their... the first world Saern was forged. She cast the shards she used in a joyous dance. Creating world upon world.... Aeons past, countless and immeasurable. The Dreamer, could no longer see the light, only his own failures, he destroyed world after world, until he finally returned.. He watched what his Goddesses had forged. Such a strange place. He saw hope... but taint within it. Taint he would not tolerate... and so with his sword he passed his judgement. Destroying Saern. The Goddesses sent out their Angels with her hand to gather the falling souls who descended ...into the night. They gathered the souls valiant and virtuous, who possessed that which she had hoped to create. But one man. By his own hand, The Mad God took. The Lord Grey. He raised him up. Intrigued by the man. They spoke for ages. The Mad God befriended him as his own brother. Granting him a measure of his divinity... but he could not see his err then. For The Lord Grey, as much as he respected The God, could not let his vows of vengeance for all The Fallen go unanswered, their cries of justice. He won the heart of The Goddesses and so... The Legacy was forged at that moment when he brought the blade down upon His Brother, His Father, His Friend, His God.... yet the cycle still continues now. But remains unseen. "

The Magister's voice trailed off as he ended. The ink of the pages came to a halt. The words ceasing. Then after a moment, a voice filled his mind. Distant, yet clear. The voice of a man he did not know. As if some piece of time replayed within his conscious thought;

"..It was some time after that, after those words, among a shattering world, I cut Him down. I, would not let even Him, stand in the way of Her dream. With the vary Shards He used to sunder my Paradise..... I felled him, with the Goddess at my back...And bloodied I looked to her."

" She only smiled. "

Lazy Roman
2015-05-16, 04:43 PM
Son of The Morning

He did his best to shake off the moment from himself and regain his composure. "It depends on what you call a death wish but I understand. I'll be a good boy if only for you Damas'ky. I'd hate to ruin our great relationship. Theres only one other I have yet to speak to. She more than likely has the answer were all seeking. This will take a moment gentlemen. I'll see you in but a moment."

[Kal uses his Devil's arm to teleport to the 7'th Chapter Angel, Nights]

He gives a quick wave as he disappears.

Mornings
2015-05-16, 04:45 PM
*** The Son of Morning has left the game

Lazy Roman
2015-05-16, 10:16 PM
Son of Night

[Son of Night enters the game]

Mornings
2015-05-16, 10:28 PM
Kal'Fel - The Son of Night

The pool of dark mist struck the desecrated tiles of Cathedral Ruin. Within the mist and shade, crouched a ragged and torn figure. His cloths were the same. But the eerie aura of power that radiated from him, and the strange distortion of light about him gave off a otherworldly sense about him. He stood as the black mist gathered about his feet. Massive black wings upon his back. The scars were gone. The damage of lives and terrible wounds... faded and removed. He stood, reborn. Renewed. Kole'fein stood dumbstruck by the sudden change in less then a few seconds from his departure. Damas'ky stood up, eyes wide in perhaps... genuine shock. He lept off the alter, and slammed into him, gripping him by the collar. Hissing in his face. Night... My Lovely Night! You saw her didn't you... You touched her didn't you!? What is this foolishness!? Why do you carry her blessing!? " His face began to redden in frustration.

Lazy Roman
2015-05-16, 10:58 PM
Kal'Fel - The Son of Night

The Son of Night did not react or fight Damas'ky grip. He was chosen to be the savior and guide for these Children of Night. He has decided he would do his best to play out his role for her and atleast for the moment cast off his usual personality as the playful, selfish ronin who has survived through all he has on pure luck and will. He teleports away from Damas'ky and reappears standing on the altar where he was sacrificed so many lifetimes ago. He changes his appearance, his old clothes turning to that of a member of the Akoda clan. A gi, hakama, obi, tabi, zori and haori. Only now instead of his clan's color his clothes are colored pure black with only the mon retaining it's original color he wanted to retain a-bit of his own personality and flair. He looks Damas'ky straight in the eye and then to Kole. He speaks with a tone unlike the one he had before he left. It holds all the seriousness these new events had. "Damas'ky, Kole'fien...I have important news. During my last moments in remains of Saren my time ran out. An 8th key has been forged." He lets that hang for a moment in the air and continues. "That is why I issued The Call....to all The Bearers of the Keys." He looks at Damas'ky as he emphasizes 'all key bearers.' Showing he now understands what he meant when he said 'what we all shared in common' without flatly announcing his realization that Damas'ky holds the remaining keys. "Thus this begins the 11th Chapter. We must not dwaddle here however. She requires that we witness the birth of her sister. I am required by her to bring her children with me all here at Cahthedral Ruin to The World. So that I may guide and protect them in their journey to restore The Legacy." He pauses for another moment letting everything set in as if the air had stiffened and took a moment to adjust. He looks back to Damas'ky to address his question. "Also to answer your question I simply did as she instructed me to do and I was rewarded for it. Now any other questions? There is much work to be done this day."

iValkyrieX
2015-05-18, 06:47 AM
Nelrin'Fel

As the Magisters' words trail off and the mysterious mans voice rings out, Nelrin's thoughts permeate outward towards the book. "Thank you Magister. I must move on, I have other books to read before I must set off. Please allow me to go and read another story of yours; 'The Wrath of Stars: Vessel of the Night Heralds'.

He then closes the book and gathers his thoughts. He sits and thinks about the story and what may come of this knowledge. After gathering his thoughts for a moment he places the book on the side with the others, then places his hand on another of the tomes; 'The Wrath of Stars: Vessel of the Night Heralds'. Slowly looking over the book searching for answers along the leather binding it together. After spending a moment on the outside of the book, he moves to open to the first page and begins to focus his mind to the codex.

Perception [roll0]

Vhaidara
2015-05-19, 06:30 AM
Deathkeeper Nadia Vorns, the Stillborn Drake

Nadia steps forward from a grey miasma that appeared from nowhere, her previously luminescent wings now dark with shadows. Her left hand is twisted into a cruel claw, and burns with a black flame. She looks around.
Wonderful. They haven't even managed to get this far yet.

Reaching out to her new mistress, Nadia test their link
My Lady, can you hear me? I do have further questions.

Mornings
2015-05-19, 11:02 AM
The DeathKeeper

' Welcome to Cathedral Ruin... or an instance of it rather. Still scarred as ever. Yes. A pity. I once enjoyed it here when it was full of light. Now it is left as but a crude shadow of itself. The Keeper will tend to you, though it appears he is pre-occupied. You are safe here, but mind your tongue. Not all is as it appears within this place... speak and I will listen. '

The slash of grey light behind her closed. The pouring miasma of souls created a thick fog upon the floor that sat stagnant and solid, as if it was some semi-tangible cloud. The burning dark flame from her massive black clawed arm crackled like a burning fireplace. The black flames danced and licked her cloths and face, though she felt no heat or feeling from the ghostly fire.

Behind her Koriah walked forward, her form becoming solid and corporeal as if she walked through some strange door, fading into existence. She looked about, then looked at the Lieutenant up and down. The black wings of shadow.. the strange dark shroud of black mist. The massive clawed arm of burning black flame... She winced. " What the bloody-hells happened to you? You look like a goddam, black dragon.. or some type of fiend I've never heard of. Did i miss that much? " She looked about the place, clearly just having arrived.

The Voice of Thunder

A large man finished speaking to a man at his side, and with a nod he laid a hand upon him, and his body turned to a familiar grey mist. Vanishing off into the endless blackness that seemed to stretch upwards to make the ceiling. It was almost a beautiful sight. Streams of grey and silver light intertwined fading off into the dark. The massive man rose from his pew bench, picking up his large staff of twisted glass, small streams of light radiating through it. " Welcome Lady Azmeren, and DeathWeaver Vorns. I am Ro'lek, The Ward of The Wake, and steward of The Keeper. I offer you sanctuary here within Cathedral Ruin." The 8ft tall massive priestly looking man, spoke softly, but the booming timber of his voice was still quite evident. "The Keeper will see you now. If you desire to speak with him."

**** V'Dri'Fel Has Left The Game

Vhaidara
2015-05-19, 11:09 AM
Nadia Vorns, the Stillborn Drake

Nadia smiles at Koriah.
Less than you would think, venture captain. Suffice it to say I'm a bit more in touch with my ancestors now. Where are the Magister and the other one?

Then the steward speaks.
Yes, I believe that would be for the best. My lady told me to seek him out.

My lady, what can you tell me of this Keeper?

Mornings
2015-05-19, 11:37 AM
The DeathKeeper

' He is wise, and foolish in deed. But he knows more then he should, and hints at less then he knows. He will offer you guidance. But expect no straight answers from him. He will grant you sanctuary here for you are a Weaver, but he owes no allegiance towards us. It is to The Children his loyalties lay. So use this knowledge to pull what you must know from him. Push him, and you will only become in-tangled in his word-play. He is quite the tricky man, though he fulfills his duties just the same. '
----------------------------------------------

The Son of Night

He teleported from Damas'ky's grasp within a cloud of dark mist. Appearing upon the alter. "Oh... Well that's a neat trick isn't it. A Seraph now, are we? How quaint...." He raised his hand, and back slapped him off the alter, though he was some 30 ft away, the force of the blow sent him reeling to the floor. " Off, the alter Dear Boy... You said it yourself. The 8th Key forged, and the new Chapter begun.... thus will she descend here from above, to bless us with her name.." He held his hands out wide to the massive golden dome above the alters, filled with mirrors and golden statues of angels. Kole lifted the young warrior from the ground. "A Seraph? There can be no Seraphs until Arias returns... " He grabbed him by the shoulders, shaking him roughly. " You did it, didn't you! You brought her back!? " He laughed triumphantly. " Finally.. Our time has come. I welcome you brother, as a Raven of our Order. " The joy was quite evident on the world-weary warrior's face. His thoughts racing. " If such is the case... You're more right then you know... Once the Chapter Angel has descended, we must make for Ilmwel with all haste. Those loyal to Our Lady within The Order will rally to us, and we can turn the tide, and fix The Cycle before judgment is passed upon it." Damas'ky looked over his shoulder dropping his hands to his sides, his head thrown back pompously. " Yes. Yes... Our Dear Boy, has finally done something right for once. Finally, finally, finally. You know Dear Boy. I've been waiting to say that for a very long time. For the first time, you've actually proven useful. Perhaps it was worth letting you live so long after all... though even I still wonder how you've managed to scrape-by for so long... and look! Now you're a Seraph, Ha! My Lady is quite humorous.... but that is well.... for soon, she'll return. Soon... And I'll be free, of this stinking place. It's been long... too long."

The Voice of Thunder

Ro'lek turned just as the form of the unconscious knight faded and fell before him. He caught her with one arm and a grunt. Placing her on one of the petrified cathedral pews. " She'll be safe here... Let us speak with The Keeper quickly, before we loose any more time."

Nelrin'Fel

As he spoke, the Magister interrupted his thoughts. ' Ah, If you've more of my tomes. Then leave them open with this one. Not all tomes contain my words, many I had fashioned simply contain memories. But it is far less vexing with words to guide you, is it not? Open the book, and It will bring you to those distant memories Sealed away, of your world, and my own. '

Desril
2015-05-19, 12:29 PM
Kestal'Fel

Ready for the portal this time, Kestal catches herself, floating down with her wings rather than landing on her back. Looking around, she smiles, relieved to see Jeska, Koriah, and Nadia, but tilts her head curiously at the latter's change in appearance as she approaches. Moving to stand next to them, she whispers to her mind surreptitiously, "Loving the new hand and wings...can't wait to see what you can do with them."

Turning to face the others in the cathedral, she places a hand on her bare hip, It seems some of our Brothers are here. "It appears I'm the last to arrive. I feel like introductions might be in order."

Vhaidara
2015-05-19, 05:14 PM

Nadia smiles at the fiend.
That is far from the only change that has occurred. I look forward to demonstrating some of it for you.
An image flashes into Kestal's mind.

She returns her attention to Ro'lek.
Lead the way.

She continues digging deeper into the well of knowledge that is her Mistress.
Who, and what, are the Children? Another faction in all of this?

Lazy Roman
2015-05-19, 05:36 PM
The Son of Night

He jumps to his feet with the helped by friend and ally Kole'fien. The ronin turned Seraph is stupefied and stunned. He's being praised for something he did for the first time in honestly he can't remember the last time he was praised for anything. Invited in as a Raven of the Order; Damas'ky saying anything positive; surely he thought he suffered a large head wound and these were his dying last thoughts. He comes back to reality as Damas'ky finishes his words. "Well we all know the only reason I am was due to alot of willpower and good fortune on my side. Also some help here and there but enough about that." He walks over to the pew where he was before and sits on the backrest. "Things are certainly looking optimistic my friends. We will make way to Ilmwel, fix the cycle before judgement is passed and be home in time for a massive feast. Hopefully if I have time in between when he rears his disgusting self. I will rub my brother's face into the dirt." He takes a deep breath and relaxes in his small victories for this moment in time. It all seems plausible this time around for the first time to fix the cycle after his many defeats. As a Seraph he might have the strength to actually do it.

iValkyrieX
2015-05-20, 08:25 AM
As he spoke, the Magister interrupted his thoughts. ' Ah, If you've more of my tomes. Then leave them open with this one. Not all tomes contain my words, many I had fashioned simply contain memories. But it is far less vexing with words to guide you, is it not? Open the book, and It will bring you to those distant memories Sealed away, of your world, and my own. '

Nelrin'Fel

Nelrin sets 'The Sword of Woe: Vessel of the Godeater' off to the side while yet open. He then picks up 'The Wrath of Stars: Vessel of the Night Heralds'. and begins to examine it from the outside first. After looking over the tome, Nelrin begins to open the book in hopes of finding answers to the secrets beyond his existence. "Shall we begin then Magister?"

Perception on the tome [roll0]

Desril
2015-05-20, 10:21 AM
Kestal'Fel

Grinning fiendishly at the image that flashed through her mind, "Do us all favor and don't tell my other half. She loves surprises. I'll let her take over for now, but we should still be able to speak like this if you want to talk about things to come." If telepathic voices could make expressions, her's would be smirking as she hands off control.

Eris

Turning to the Son of Night as he speaks up, Eris does her best to make sense of the fact that she knows his name despite never having met him before, "Kal'Fel, wait, please. We need answers before we can do anything. What's this 'Ilmwel'? How do we get there and why do we need it to fix the cycle? How do we fix the cycle? We don't even know how much time we have, and with something this important, ignorance is inexcusable. We need answers."

Pausing briefly, she then continues, asking Valpurga as well, "And on a more personal note...what can you tell me about...us? I was only recently reborn, I still don't understand what it is to be one of the Children. It is...frustrating."

Lazy Roman
2015-05-20, 04:50 PM
Son Of Night

He turns his alittle."Hmm? Oh, welcome newcomer. I see my reputation precedes me. I'll do my best to answer your questions as simply as possible. Ilmwel is my home universe after my original plane of existence was destroyed. Anyway, Well its quite simple if we don't fix the cycle and judgement is passed on that plane of existence then the Goddess of Night Arias decides whether to destroy it or not. As far time goes eh... we have enough. I honestly couldn't tell you in terms of hours, days or months. Why your group has been chosen specifically to fix the cycle that is not my decision so I couldn't tell you even if I did know. The Goddess makes her decisions and they're hers to make." He swings his legs over the pew to face Kestal and faces her directly and smiles. "Now that I've done my best to answer your questions please tell me about yourself dear sister."

Desril
2015-05-20, 05:06 PM
Eris

The demi-succubus frowns, not particularly enthused by the answers she received. Still, it's something, and so she answers honestly...more or less. "I know your name for the same reason you should know mine. Unfortunately, knowing the names of my Brothers and Sisters who are nearby are all that I know about being a 'Fel' hence my last question to you, as I still don't know what we are or what it means."

Pausing, she decides that it'd be better to make friends, and so she gives a light bow, never taking her eyes off of the Son of Night. "And there's hardly time for you to learn all there is to know about us. Suffice it to say that I am Eris, formerly Magister Kestal'Rah, and I am Kestal'Fel. We're skilled in the arcane arts, and," she pauses, "that's all you'll get for free."

Mornings
2015-05-20, 06:01 PM
Cathedral Ruin

The Bringer of Peace
' Tehe. The Children? They are the guardians of Night's Paradise. Your home. They serve maintain your little universe, and keep it ticking, so to speak. They are a zealous, somewhat stingy lot. But fair in their own way. They order themselves under The Three Houses, and from each Speaker are they given their tasks. They have done you great service in keeping your little home away from here... away from this. Untouched by the taint of the Legacy. Though The Balance within that fragile world is quite delicate. With a simple slip, a coin falls, to shatter it all like glass... Then the poor Children must put the pieces back together again. Tireless and loyal, well, most of them. They are their own race, tied to their own policies. But all of that means nothing here, save for the fact that so many have come to answer The Call. I suspect more will come in time. Their influence has grown with the introduction of Bleakness into their little universe... You're quite the curious one aren't you? Hehe.'

The Lord of Ruin
The man turned about with a flourish, his fanciful scarlet robes waving about. He took two steps forward, his carved wooden clogs clapping upon the floor with each step. He bowed gracefully. Before taking the Magister's hand delicately. " Well met, well met, Dear Girl, Fair Magister. Little Kestal. Lady Eris... I bid you welcome, and offer you sanctuary here within my keep. Welcome to Cathedral Ruin. I am The Keeper, Damas'ky... humbly at your service. We've waited for some time, for all to gather, one to die, one to depart, and one to rise... And now it is so. Yes. Yes! So with great joy do I welcome here Dear Child. Dear Girl. I'm sure you have many questions, all of which of course I would be happy to answer, if you've the ears to listen." He waved away at Kal'Fel like fanning away a stench. " Please, ignore the Dear Boy. He's been gone longer then your home has even existed, and much now falls from his fragmented memory. Please have a seat Dear Girl, have a seat." He gestured to one of the pews. " I will answer what I can, but I make no promises, you will understand it all at once. For such is our reality.. and it is quite a fickle thing." The large man Ro'lek moved off and sat to the side silently.

The Lord Raven
Kole'fien nodded over to Kal. "I doubt I'll be staying to see The Beginning. If this Cycle starts soon, I must gather The Ravens. It's very likely Violet has already made his move upon Illmwel. That mean's trouble, trouble means Slayers. I'd like to have our bases covered if we're going back within The First Cycle. That only means Chaos has yet been stopped in his advance through the Dawn Vale. Lord Raziel should fend him off assuming the cur doesn't alter The Line. But I suspect he will try his hardest to see things thrown into disarray.." He throw a small silver badge at the Seraph, which he easily caught. It was a small silver wing, that dissipated into a black smoke. " You're a Raven now. The Order will have no quarrel with you if you keep out of their way. Though I imagine Vlad may be somewhat dissatisfied... try not to give him cause to rip off your head, please? ...I make for Faith Holding. I'll gather Kar-Sar and Barro and see you on the other-side." He took a few steps forward, before stopping. Then turned about again. " ...One last thing. Don't use The Shattered Night, or your Arm down their. Not until we know what Gears are in place. There has never been an Eleventh Chapter. The rules have changed. If you create another Gear Break, but outside The Wake, the clock will hit zero, and we'll be out of time. So try not to kill us all, alright?" He pat the warrior on the shoulder, and moved past The Keeper and Kestal, walking towards the massive doors of the Cathedral some 100ft away. Damas'ky waved " Fare-well, Raven. Though I do believe. You might find some difficulty leaving, until The Cycle has begun... after all. The Seven Keys must be gathered...must they not?" The Raven looked over his shoulder. " Fair point 'friend'... " He drew his massive 8 ft long blade from its scabbard pointing it behind him towards Kal'Fel. " Usstan.... K'lararl nindol... Mrim'ol ! " Two shards of pale light raced out from his blade, and merged into the ronin's left arm. " Heh. I was wondering where you were keeping my sword... interesting place to hold it. The Kurogame will hold my two Keys. I'll retrieve them again later... Try to make a good first impression, Seraph. " He turned and begun walking again towards the door. " Wonderful. Now the foolish boy has five.... I do hope you remember to return and retrieve them Lord Raven." The tall man didn't look back, waving behind himself as he continued on walking.

Vhaidara
2015-05-20, 06:44 PM
Nadia Vorns, The Stillborn Drake

I can hardly serve you effectively if I am blind to the motives and methods of those around me. For example, Kestal'Fel, whom I believe is one of the Children, showed an interest in the pact stones. Would you like me to recruit her to your cause, my lady?

She hears the name, then looks after the departing man.
Are you a member of the Ravens?
She calls after him, taking a step towards him.

Desril
2015-05-20, 07:54 PM
Eris

Sending a telepathic message to Nadia as she calls after the man, If he is, we need to speak to him too. Dark pointed us their way too.

Letting the Keeper take her hand, Eris smiles at the unusually polite and formal treatment as she follows him to the pew, nodding her head when she responds, "I would be happy to listen to any advice or information you might be willing to share. I will be sure to put it all to good use and make the effort worth your while," she tells him, debating sitting on his lap as he takes a seat, but instead simply sits very close to him, watching his face carefully even as she tries to position herself so that he could rest his hands on her leg more comfortably than anywhere else at Kestal's urging.

Now to wait and listen and ask questions as they become relevant. I'll have to find some way to double-check everything he says later though.

Mornings
2015-05-21, 06:05 AM
Cathedral Ruin

Nelrin'Fel, The Lord Raven & The Weaver of Death
The words begun to trickle into the horned devil's mind, after looking the book over once. He noticed it was worn, with blade-scarring upon it. As if it had been used as a shield, the perhaps the last to carry it had been cut down. Weathered and faded. He opened to the first page. His hands began to tremble, small trickles of blood ran from his eyes, and upon the pages. Where crimson words began to form, in an eloquent and nimble form, as if written by some well trained noblemen's squire. While the dark voices filled his mind, the voice of the magister could be heard above it all.

' Be wary Nelrin'Fel, of the dark memories contained within. For not all written upon a page are seen as simple words. And the memories contained within are steeped in hatred and suffering, and demand blood as tribute with each passage. '

' She came with us beneath the city... My hands stilled bloodied from the deeds done. How dark it was, this task I'd been given. Though I'd no love for the mortals, even I saw the evil in her smile. She carried the bodies of the children into the dark recesses of the earth. She befouled their small corpses. Bathed in their blood. Ensnared their souls, denying us even a simple meal. Far too cruel. Far too dark to be called a mortal. I had never met one such as she. Lording over us, like animals, unable to deny her will, though no magic bound us. I had never stood before a creature such as her, and for this, my loyalty she won... And So I gave her my nam- '

The book slammed closed at the tip of a massive 8 ft blade. It's graceful thin curve highlighted its deadly razored-edge. The massive, 7 ft tall man scabbarded the blade, with a quick snap into the scabbard he carried in his other hand. " You're welcome, Exile. I spared you your life. Do not bring such profanities before the Seraph, or the Chapter Angel when she descends. Least you value this frail state, you call existence..." He pointed far off into the back, beyond the alter, far past to the furthest wall some 200 ft away, to a heavy golden double door that sat firmly shut. The horned devil did not remember seeing such a thing before... "If you've mind to read that refuse here. Do it in the study, where you'll be less apt to be slain before The Angels. " He continued to walk before turning to face Nadia. He scanned her over wordlessly, then the towering man spoke; " Hail, DeathWeaver. I am Lord Raven Kole'fien. Knight-Lord Commander of The Black Order. I and my Speakers command The Ravens, by The Goddess's blessings. Have you business with me? "

The familiar voice echoed in The Weaver's mind. ' The Children are blessed by Night. What motives they have are given by their mother. Nothing more. Perhaps such a Child would have use to me. But she, the soul known as Kestal'Fel is but a tainted image of her kin. I've no need of her services, nor do I desire it. The time of Kestal'Fel has come and passed, as has the poor frail arch-magister who dared return. Upon the third knell of The House in the valley of dawn. Where seven arrows met and parted, under a lightless sky... will their time be done, and mine to claim. But to the young Magister Kestal'rah... I am so curious. For my vision shows naught her future nor past. Removed, released, unmade, rewritten. A calamity upon the threads of the fated that do bind all mortal souls... Thus to her, I would accept. '

The Lord of Ruin, The Daughter of Evenings
The man, didn't seem to pay any heed to their close proximity. A sense of genuine adoration in his eyes, and a light smile upon his face. " For all your troubles, and woes. I must express my regret. The Dear Boy was quite preoccupied you see, and thus much was let to unravel within your home. But your family, The Children, serve only to restore balance and order to your world, though frail it is. It is the price for it's preservation from the taint of the worlds beyond, the Legacy it is removed from. A paradise. But you see, I've waited for so long for you all to come... so very long. You restored the Legacy. Your mother has awakened, and though Fate and Dawn rise against you, and a piece of you will die within this Cycle. You are no longer bound by the threads that bind all souls. The Calamity little Valpurga had created, warped, fabricated. Has freed you from the script. Cut the strings that make us dance. Two souls will be claimed by Death within the Valley of Dawn, Dear Girl. But they cannot know, as I know. For if you could see, as I see, you'd see... You will bring The Petrichor, to free us from this game. This game, we've played long before your universe was given life. Within the fragmented shards of long-forsaken worlds past... long dead, that is Illmwel. You will die. " His voice seemed to hold an almost joyous tone, prophetic and ringing. " But do not fear... for you are not bound by our chains. When your mother returns, to the devastation of our corrupt, drowned world. We will be free. All of us. From this hell. Then... The First Cycle will end."

Vhaidara
2015-05-21, 06:53 AM

Very well then my Lady. What would be the best way to bring her to you?
She hesitates for a moment.
Also... I do have some feelings for her. Should I bring her to you, I would like to request a promise of her safety. I still am indebted to her, and to take her into peril without taking some measure for her protection does not sit well with me.

She walks a few paces towards the man.
I am newly come into the service of our lady. She told me to seek out the Ravens. She said that you could help me learn to serve her better.

Lazy Roman
2015-05-21, 07:27 AM
Son Of Night

He waves to Kole as he starts to make his departure. "Give me regards to all the other Ravens not present. I'm sure they'll be...startled by all this news. Whoever knew Kal would stop being a simple wanderer and actually belong to something again. " He looks down at his arm. "I can see what you mean by not using my special ability. I'd hate for us to ruin this special opportunity and destroy everything after coming so far. I still plan on trying to learn to master it however if the chance arises. Even I'm still not fully aware of it's capabilities." The ronin sighs as he slides his arms into his sleeves. He looks back down to his arm as it absorbs the two new keys. "Well I guess that's one way of getting out of a meeting my friend. I do admit I do keep your old sword quite close, I've grown very accustomed to it if I'm too be honest. I finally got a good grasp on how to use my battojutsu with it." He smirks to Kole'fien and winks before he turns away. "I guess I'll have to make a good impression now being the newest representative of our order here, Brother." He looks to Damas'ky "What's the matter Damas'ky are you afraid I'm gonna lose em?" Chucking at his own joke and he holds his say till Damas'ky finishes his explanation to the Daughter of Evenings. "Well put Sir Damas'ky, You have to understand Daughter of Evenings, living the life I've lived and most of the worlds I've seen and traveled have been reduced to nothing but memories." His eyes twist for a moment as he speaks. "With the faults a mortal can have...Well.... it can be a-bit hard to keep things clear." He smirks thinking back to his encounters with Death, the actual manifestation not just his own experiences with the sensation of dying going back to his playful, casual demeanor. "How is she by the way?...Death. I have not had the pleasure of her company in quite sometime." He lets spirited laugh and wipes a tear from his eye. "I wish could have her over for tea sometime but shes quite busy I imagine."

He stops and ponders for a moment at his words from before. The fact that he actually belongs to a group.....He's no longer a ronin! He almost can't hold in the laugh as small childish maniacal giggles escape as he summons his daisho into the waistband of his obi. The saya of the two blades protruding through the slit in his haori a long time since a daisho sat their for him. As he finishes adjusting the sageo on his daisho, a silver wing overlaps the Akoda mon symbol in his haori. When he finishes the laugh he was holding in finally escapes. It's almost maniacal psychotic even. The irony...it was as palpable to him as his aura was to those present. "If my brother could see me now. I honestly could not care care. I like it as long there are no objections. Being inconspicuous for me at this point has long past. I am already the biggest target no matter where I am with these new obsidian colored wings. Not quite the most mundane thing you see on your walk to the market. I imagine you would like the new dye job Damas'ky? you have always had a taste for the fantastical." He slides then back to his playful demeanor like that of junior officer before a standard lunch meeting turning his attention again to the Daughter of Evenings. His arms once again slide into his sleeves. "But yes, this is your task. it's quite lofty but you have something that I never did when I was in your place. Good trustworthy companions. Most of my companions were selfish cut throats, except for one...You will have to depend on each other to make it through this great task and to act with great sincerity."

iValkyrieX
2015-05-21, 08:36 AM
Nelrin'Fel

He stands up from the broken pew with the tomes in his hands. Opening the tome on the 'Blade of Woe' he pushes his consciousness outward "Magister I must deal with something before we continue the lesson. This setting is beginning to bore me. We will speak again and continue another time."

He closes the tome and carries them over to where The Keeper is sitting. "Keeper would you take the tomes for the time being I have some pressing matters I must attend to. It's urgent that I go see an old friend." Nelrin takes a moment to gather himself in preparation for the journey, then sets off toward Kal'Fel. With great discourtesy he states;"Oh Great Kal'Fel, I must ask a favor of thine Lordship. I need to go see Astrok'Ru. Send me to him. The matter in which I need to speak with him requires the utmost urgency."

Mornings
2015-05-21, 10:36 AM
Cathedral Ruin

The Lord of Ruin
The man lifts up a hand as the horned spirit made his approach, the books dissipating into grey light as the juvenile devil began to speak. His gaze never breaking from Kestal. Then he looked away, over his shoulder as the spirit begun speaking with Kal'Fel. "Ah.. I see... The Exiled Son, finally understands now. What good is a book without 'a spear'? Haha. Your memories are finally beginning to return to you. " He waved a hand. The form of the spirit becoming seemingly corporeal. " Take him to The Garden, Dear Boy. She is expecting him. It is best not to leave Her waiting for long. Mind, you be quick. The Call will resound if you delay for longer then an instant. And then you shall be... 'forcefully', recalled. A sight I would truly enjoy to see. " He grinned devilishly.

The Bringer of Peace, The Weaver of Death & The Lord Raven
The voice of the women echoed in The Weaver's mind. ' I make no promise I've not the intention to keep, and so I offer you none as well. The decision is hers to make alone. If not by her own initiative that she would dare to stand within my Wake. I need her not at all. I offer no sanctuary. No promise of mercy, nor pretense of favor. The Balance and Cycle will lay my claim to all within Life's Coil in time. To those that dare. To those that brave their own end, and those who stand with resolve with their hearts, before me, are worthy of my time. As you... But as their is a toll for all, who step within my Wake, and hear my words. I offer no delusions of what may befall your 'friend', of what may be bereft from her, or the weight of her Pact. For none are equal in weight or measure. I only promise my indifference, and that when The Cycle comes to bring her time. I shall claim her as any. '

The Lord Raven raised his hand up, interrupting The Weaver. "I believe you may be slightly confused Weaver, or lacking in instruction... The Black does not serve Death. Though our prerogatives tend to always be aligned. The Raven's serve The Corvine Goddess, The Mistress of The Cycle. And though Death's Knell may sound, initiating your final anguish. It is not before Her arrival you will be led to feel the natural serenity of leaving the world and find peace. " He placed the butt of his scabbard upon the ground like a large staff. The massive odachi stood a foot above his own head. "I assume you are newly enlisted into your service as a Weaver. The Raven's have long honored our Pact with The Bringer of Peace, and trained Deathweavers. Though few are left, our Pact still remains. " He tapped his foot upon a ground in thought. "A Weaver's training is conducted over the course of two decades under the instruction of The Speakers of The Black, and our Hand-Maidens... A noble, pursuit. But you don't strike me as a women with a large amount of time on hand. If you so desired, you could come with me to The Citadel, and begin your formal training... but once begun, it cannot be halted for any reason. You will be restricted to the grounds of The Order until your time in weaning is complete. Alternatively? You can try to figure out what you can on the fly, though your training will never be complete until you've been formally instructed. " He passed her a strange twisted band of blackened steel, that appeared as a bracelet of sorts. " Don, the band to identify yourself as a Ward of The Black, and you'll have the protection of our Ravens. The Slayers will be more tolerant of you as well, though try not to test their patience more then needed. We share the same Order, but stand upon opposing sides of the same coin. Where your companions intend to travel is already being held under The Order's influence. In a very tumultuous location. Don't give them a reason to think you hostile and you should be fine. Otherwise, they'll likely take you captive, kill your friends, and we'll have to pay your ransom. Quite troublesome for us... as I'm sure you understand. Should that occur, I'll likely be forced by The Council to put you into proper instruction at The Citadel." He placed his hand on his hip. "So then... any questions?"

The Solemn Guardian & The Displaced Soul
Koriah walked over the still unconscious Knight laid upon the pew. They promised them sanctuary here. Though she still didn't know what to make of this place. She was confused. Frustrated. Frightened... and for the first time, in who knows how long. She could breath again. A moment to reconstitute. She sat next to the knight, laying a hand upon her shoulder. Her voice was only a whisper, as she spoke to still body of the women. "...How did we get here. What's left for me now?" She sighed. "...Venture-Captain Azmeren....It had a nice ring to it, don't ya' think? I think I could have gotten on like that. But now, what's left? I wonder if there's anything left.... I'm tired... Tired of fighting. " She closed her eyes, sliding on the pew, laying on the unconscious knight. She made no sound, yet the tears still came to her eyes and rolled down her cheeks.

Lazy Roman
2015-05-21, 11:08 AM
Son Of The Night

He lets out a small sigh and nods to Damas'ky."Aye, I'll be back." He turns his attention to Nelrin'fel. "Oh before we continue you're dropping that lordship garbage. It does not suit me from now on it's Kal, just Kal. I like that alot better. If I keep getting addressed with all these wordy titles I'm gonna lose my mind and knock one of you in. Just because the goddess charged me with the task of protecting you doesn't mean I can't slap one of you around. Now come along Nelrin'fel. You have an important meeting ahead of you." He jumps up and lands down next to Nelrin'fel. "I hope you're ready for this."

[Kal puts his hand on Nelrin'fel and uses his teleportation skill.]

Vhaidara
2015-05-21, 11:22 AM

Very well, my lady. I simply felt obliged to make the request. Is there a way I can return to your wake, should the need arise?

Nadia smiles a little bashfully as she places the armband on her still human wrist.
Indeed, I am newly come into this power, and you are correct that I likely lack the time for proper training. So I will simply ask two questions. First, how could I best contact you, should I find need? Second, is there anything you can tell me now about my powers? Any clue would be welcome at this stage.

Then she reaches her mind to Kestal.
Can you relay my words to the Magister?

Desril
2015-05-21, 12:52 PM
Eris

Doing her best to listen to the Lord of Ravens, the Keeper, Kal'Fel, Nadia, and her other half at the same time, Eris can't help but feel she's spreading herself to thin at the moment and worry she's going to miss something important, but still she does her best to process all of it, trusting in the fact that she was a genius even by the standards of Segunhall. And when she's told that Death will claim two souls, she isn't afraid, but more irritated. After all, as he said, she isn't a puppet bound to dance at another's whim any longer. "I need more than that. 'Fate and Dawn' rise against us, and 'Night' is our ally, but...what are they? What do they all want? And what is this 'Valley of Dawn'? What's The Petrichor, and what will happen when this Cycle ends?"

Turning to Kal'Fel when he speaks up, Eris shakes her head, "I can't tell you how she is. I've heard that she is an intriguing being, but I've not yet met her myself. But that doesn't mean I am not curious...what can you tell me about her? And of Life, and Dark? Dark did not seem...unreasonable, though he was certainly somewhat forceful. He also seemed like he might have a great many things that could help us out, if we had something to trade, or the courage to gamble. I don't suppose any of you happen to know of what he might have to offer?" She directs the last question to no one in particular.

When Nadia's question reaches Kestal, she relays it to Eris before both of them reply. Yes, I can, but I made a connection between all of us. You should be able to contact her and even the Venture-Captain and the unconscious knight directly. Speaking of which...

I'm here. I've been trying to listen in. I think you're right that we don't have time, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't work with them. Even if you can't be trained properly, maybe we can get some sort of sign that you've pledged to study under them in the future? Something to have their order as an ally that won't require so much time we don't have.

Koriah, what's wrong? Finally focusing on her, Kestal notices the quiet sobs coming from behind her in the direction of the new Venture-Captain and Jeska, and knowing that Eris won't let her take control to screw the sorrow out of her at this particular moment decides to try a different form of manipulation and be comforting. What's happened?

Mornings
2015-05-21, 02:58 PM
Cathedral Ruin

The Son of Night, The Exiled Son
The black Seraph laid a hand upon the now, semi-physical body of his brother. A strange flicker, then a whirling living wind of darkness enveloped them both. It cast a fell wind through the air of the Cathedral. The innumerable pieces of frail parchment were cast about, as were tomes and other such items, as if a storm had raged through the broken church. The vortex of shadow intensified. Then... as suddenly as it came, it was gone. The black-winged warrior and the horned spirit were gone, leaving no trace save for the stilling winds, and settling storm of painted vellum.

**** Nelrin'Fel and Kal'Fel Have Left The Game

Mornings
2015-05-21, 07:09 PM
Cathedral Ruin

The Bringer of Peace, The Lord Raven, & The Weaver of Death
The Tall man raised an eyebrow. "...Unfortunately, I'm not the easiest man to reach, for those outside The Order. If you shed blood while the band is worn however, at least a Sword will be dispatched to investigate your 'condition'. A 'Sword' is the trained laymen of The Order. A trained and honed soldier. Though he may yet have climbed the proverbial 'ladder' of our ranks, Raven's, and Slayer's come to recover their own should they not report back. If you've something to relay to me. Pass it on to the Sword, and he'll see the message delivered... as for your abilities. You're a Weaver. There's not much more to say. When properly trained you repair The World Lines. Many are damaged, and caught within an infinite loop, recreating the same events of history long past over, and over again with different men, in different era's, but always with the same result. Usually, a very defining moment in time... You fix this. You keep The Balance going. There for, The Cycle is able to complete, rather then repeating indefinitely, and this mess can draw to a close. Weavers fix worlds. That's really all there is to it. The only difference between them is if they are a Lifeweaver or a Deathweaver, and then your physical powers and abilities are defined and given by your benefactor. Mind you stay on the right side with them. Should you loose favor, whatever gifts and blessings granted to you can be reclaimed, shut off and on as easily as flipping a lever. Which is why Weaver's are always so devout to their benefactor, and why few or none follow both. Make sense? " He spun the scabbard in hand and gave her a pat on the shoulder. "Death's a tad spiteful, jealous, and doesn't like to share. But, she's not a bad one. She's fair enough, and can see reason. The same can't be said for her brother. Enjoy the show here.... I'll see you on the otherside when you cross over. " He begun walking again towards the massive doors.

The familiar voice resounded within her; ' I've always enjoyed The Lord Raven's company. He's quite the interesting man. I would have prefered you'd have followed him to The Citadel to be trained, but I suppose we'll have to make due for now... In regard to your inquiry. You've no business within my Wake least you've the souls of the unliving to redeem, or I've matters I require you to tend to. I shall bring you when it pleases me, or you are slain. That is all."

Vhaidara
2015-05-21, 07:51 PM

Nadia sighs as Death states her opinion in the matter.
I was kind of hoping he could at least teach me the basics now. I'll go with him. I need some level of training.

And she takes off after The Lord Raven.
I have taken a moment to reconsider my priorities. I shall look to observe the will of my Lady as soon as possible, and that requires me to receive your training. Though I do have a boon to ask of you. That my companions be allowed to join us in the Citadel. I do not want to abandon them in this place.

Desril
2015-05-22, 12:47 AM
Eris

Hearing Nadia's words to the Lord of Ravens, Eris realizes that she might have another problem and turns to the Keeper as her Brothers vanish. "It seems we may have another issue...Before we go, we need to know something else too. How long do we have before time runs out? How much time will it take us to do what needs to be done to end to 'restore the Legacy'? And we are going to have many more questions for you, one's that we can't yet understand...how can we contact you again after we leave this place?"

Mornings
2015-05-22, 06:49 PM
Cathedral Ruin

The Lord of Ruin, The Daughter of Evenings, The Voice of Thunder & The Displaced Soul
He smiled faintly at her words. " Dear Girl, I am sorry... But I am The Keeper. Just as it is my curse to be bound within these walls, so too am I unable to explain further. It is my charge. The Pact of The Fallen binds me from speaking further, that I may only provide neutrality, though I wish to aid you..." He sighed, pulling her closely, whispering almost inaudibly, as if to prevent another from hearing him. " Though I can speak no further, Dark may. Life is maddened, but knowing of much and all pertaining to him. Do not take him, or his insanity, lightly. Death has no love for you, The Child, but has interest in the Magister. The Stranger deals in the forces of life, death and chance. Agree to bring him such, and he'll provide you the tools to gather it. You, The Child were not meant for the world. The existence of Kestal'Fel should have died with the music and dance of Mourning and Light, but that you remain... Many would rise to correct this blemish. Once The Cycle begins, they will come. Should you choose to remain... you've only three paths before you before The Order detects this unwritten alteration." He placed 5 green crystalline-coins in her hand. They glowed dimly, small reflections of images flashed beneath their clear surface. " The First. Return to Shattered Ash, the dark recesses that Siviri guided you through. Find Maythalin within The Burning Tide... and pray The Dark Goddess finds favor in you. The Second. Abandon the venture to Illmwel, and travel to Faith Holding with The Lord Raven until you come to The Gates. Travel to The Interstice, and beg aid from Demi and his Mistress to guide you to Mourning and Sorrow...." He lifted up one more coin. It was black. No light reflected upon it's surface. The very luminescence of the room seemed to be drawn within it as though it were a void of perfect black. He placed the coin in her hand. " The Third....Return to The First Chapter. Go to Saern... find Faeris Grey. Find him, and realign the scales... to create a world that would tolerate your existence. For The Child, The Magister, and The Master of War, cannot be allowed to exist within this Legacy. Not as a Chosen. Not as a being... And so The Angels will come to claim you. The Slayers will come to bleed you. The Cycle has already designed your end... and Death will take you Kestal. And you, who had returned... Valga'Fel. Your existence is defined by a Calamity that now cycles broken and unchecked. You are one of the beautiful, blooming anomalies of a world that never welcomed you. A 'Flower', The Watcher's call it... and as such am I. But it was by your Mother I was spared. Do not go to Illmwel, Child. Go to The Citadel and take your chances, or return to The Warren and spend these coins I have given you. Tell The Stranger you wish not to do business with him, but rather, The Son of Misery." He closed her hand over the coins and stood up from the bench, his tone of voice returning to his standard volume. " It was a pleasure, Dear Girl. I'm sure you will fare well."

Though her voice reached out mentally to the Venture-Captain, she replied back aloud. "...Shut up. I'm fine." She learned off the lady-knight, not bothering to look at her companions. " I am just worried about Lady Jeska. She hasn't woken since we came to that place.... The Warren. " She looked over to Nadia as she begun to follow the Raven. " Good... Can we finally leave this place? " She rose to her feet, whipping her face with her sleeve. The man, The Keeper spoke out. "Do not worry for the Grey Maiden. She will be fine here. I personally ensure her safety. " The giant of a man, Ro'lek came over, looming almost 4 ft above the Captain. He picked up the heavily armored knight with an arm, putting her over his shoulder. "I shall move her to a more suitable location, until she wakes." He begun to walk on, down the aisle. Koriah rose, and begun to walk after the dragon-kin, and the Lord Raven.

Desril
2015-05-22, 07:54 PM
Eris

Thinking, Eris and her other half debate silently what the best course of action would be, unable to decide what they should do, but thanks the Keeper as she does, nodding her head and whispering, "You have my thanks. I just hope I can choose the right path." Pausing, "But I have one more question for now; How can I return to this place, and other places like the Soul Warren, once I leave? I've been relying on people creating portals for me to walk through up to now. It would be helpful to be able to travel where I wished on my own power."

So, we aren't supposed to exist then...interesting.
Well, I'm not at least.
We already know the simple truth. We're one and the same. I won't let you just be removed because you shouldn't have existed. You were cooped up in my shadow for too long as it is, I won't have you killed now that you're finally free.
That bleeding heart is going to get us killed one day.
Maybe, but it's better to die for the right reasons.
It's better to not die at all...still, thank you.

It seems like we'll need to go to Dark before this is over.
Probably, but that doesn't need to be where we start. The Citadel might be better for that, even if we aren't particularly welcome, and it would be good to know how to get there for future reference.
I agree, and we need to give Nadia a proper goodbye before we go anywhere.
Don't forget, we aren't alone...though he didn't object to the fun we had before we left Magnimar. Val, what do you think? What do those names and places mean to you? Is there a way we can figure out the best course of action beyond not going to Illmwhel?

While waiting on his response, Eris gets up and moves to follow the Lord Raven, "Wait, I think we will go with you too. At least...part of the way." She looks at Nadia sorrowfully, biting her lip. I'm not sure what I need to do yet, but...I don't think we'll be able to stay with you the entire time you're training. But if we do this right, we should be able to move about freely. As it is, I don't think the Citadel is a safe place for us to be. You should be fine there, we'll see what we can do, but I just thought you should know now.

Mornings
2015-05-22, 09:18 PM
Cathedral Ruin

The Bringer of Peace, The Lord Raven, The Weaver of Death & The Displaced Soul
The familiar voice spoke out to the Weaver as she made her decision; "Very well then. Though it will be some time. It is time well spent. However, I cannot say if it is a choice that you will learn to cherish or regret. The Slayers would see you slain, thinking they remove an inevitable threat from the world. However, while you are a ward of The Black, they can make no move against you, least you act out against them with enough hostility to justify their actions. They will look to exploit every weakness, every opening they may find to provoke you. They cannot resort to deception and trickery to assassinate you, for The High-Speakers are ever watchful of their own. The Order maintains complete accountability for their legion. But The Slayers only heed the word of law of their Knight-Lord Commander... a man, I do find quite delightful. In his own way. With this in mind, know they are not above targeting those you care for, if it means it will force your hand to make you forfeit your entitlement to immunity and protection from The Ravens. This is your crucible. Do you possess the will? Do you possess the self-discipline, to still your sword arm, while a friend looses their own? I do wonder. Tehe. "

The Lord Raven turned about as Nadia addressed him. " I see. Very well then. I am sure The Librarians and Speakers will be greatly pleased to train a Weaver once more. Your companions may come as well. However, I must stress, I can only offer them my hospitality for 7 Days. It is not that, other's are unwelcome within The Citadel, however, those who are not a part of The Order cannot remain within my care longer then this time. It is the 'grace period' provided to those who would seek The Order's insight and council. Or perhaps to join our ranks." He used his large blade as a staff again. " We've some time to spare. but not too long, mind you. Who will be joining you?" Koriah came up from behind Nadia. "Sign me up... I've had about enough of this place. I take it your 'ranks' include enlisting those with a good sword-arm. What do I gotta do to join up with your lot? If we're going to be staying long. Might as well do something while I'm their..." The Raven nodded. "Of course. You need only be blessed by The Seekers into The Black. If you've no complaints fighting for us, then welcome. " She crossed her arms "Yea. Yea. Guard the innocent, kill the bad guys, right? " "Well... More or less." She put an arm around the lieutenant's shoulders. "Hear that, Smokey? Looks like we'll be hanging around for awhile, ha. Try not to light anything on fire, they'll probably make the 'new girl' clean up the mess. "

Vhaidara
2015-05-22, 09:51 PM

Nadia is silent, but her mind strays towards the image of Eris from the previous night. The memories of what had occurred between the four women are still fresh in her mind.
I cannot betray my friends in such a way. To do so would be to let who I am die. And that is not something I am willing to do.

She smiles at Koriah.
I will do my best not to destroy your barracks. Though it might mean that you would have to find new quarters for a time.

Mornings
2015-05-22, 10:20 PM
Cathedral Ruin

The Bringer of Peace
"Hm. I see. Well we shall see how you fare within this gauntlet then... The challenges before you will not be so simple. Ultimately, it is a Weaver's duty. A Weaver's responsibility to serve the greater good. To muster the self-discipline and heartiness of spirit to overcome the trails that will await you. Shouldering the lives of billions upon your choices. Casting aside the universes where many souls dwell, for one. It is something you will confront in time, and you will be forced to decide, how much pain, how much suffering can you bare? Could you let a friend die, that others may live? Could you sacrifice countless souls, for one, when there Is seemingly no other alternatives? I do wonder. Mmm, I do wonder... What is the depth of your selfish desires? ...What is the depth of your selfless desires? Do you possess the conviction, the fortitude, to choose to forsake one to preserve another? This is the burden you bare, and I question the strength of your soul and mind to endure it. But only time will show your worth and prove your mettle in the face of adversity. I await the day...eagerly."

Vhaidara
2015-05-22, 10:28 PM

Her thoughts are calm. Determined.
There is always a way. The challenge is in finding it. I will not allow this world to change me on that level. Be it one life, or a thousand, the scales are equal in my eyes

A thought crosses her mind.
Lord Raven, can you tell me more of the relationship between Life and Death? I have met Death, but Life remains a mystery to me. Death said that he was overcome with madness, to the point that she doubted if he could fulfill his duties. Is that not dangerous?

Mornings
2015-05-24, 12:39 PM
Chapter XI: Wake of Rain

The Bringer of Peace
'...And so it begins. The Cycle is renewed. Watch now, as the eleventh Chapter Angel rises, for you, The Chosen. The veil that blinds my sight, shall be lifted. The end, now the beginning. For the eleventh was not fated to exist at all. I wonder what She will bring...'

The dim, yet pleasant light of the Cathedral flickered, though there existed no sconce's nor source of the light itself. The ground shook once, violently. Then again, as if a hammer collided into the floor below. As if hell crashed a battering ram into the floor below them. The tiles cracked, fissures ran along the walls. Fine dust begun to fall from the ancient stone pillars throughout the church.

The Lord of Ruin, The Lord Raven, The Displaced Soul & The Chosen
The Keeper stood before the bloodied alter, he spread his arms out wide looking above to the large golden dome above the alter. "...So it begins once more." The very air began to quiver, as if a strange vibration begun to fill the air. A minute passed. The Keeper lowered his hands, glancing about himself. The strange pulse in the air intensifying with each passing moment. The Lord Raven slowly drew his massive curved blade. "..What is this?" The very vision of of the Cathedral began to twist and distort. The Raven cast his scabbard to the side. "Something is not right... " The ground, the walls began to quiver and fade. He glanced about in surprise. "Old man! What the hell is this about!? " The Keeper looked back, "I... I don't understand. The Wake... It's Fragmenting! " A pillar cracked, shards of stone spraying about in a shower of stone bits. "The hell are you going on about!? There's nothing to Fragment here!? " Damas'ky yelled at him from across the expanse. "WHY WOULD I KNOW!? It's not possible!" The Raven pulled Nadia out of the way as a large stone fell. Koriah side stepped out of the way. The floor began to quake again. They looked below as the floor gave way as if the tiles and stone phased out of existence. They fell into the night sky.

Fragmentation: Beginning
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/DreadfulMorning/SHATTERED%20STAR/4_zpsprbgntmb.png

The stars rushed past them. The light of the Cathedral vanished above them, blinking out of place as if it had never been. The wind whipped at their faces, as if they descended not through space, but some strange funnel. Air and wind still very much present in their free-fall.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/DreadfulMorning/SHATTERED%20STAR/3_zpsagbz3pat.png

The lights of the stars dimmed and faded, a darkness gathering all about them. The Raven yelled something out, but his words were lost. A small prodding thought from Death filled The Weaver's mind, but the words were incomprehensible. It was as if she was displaced.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/DreadfulMorning/SHATTERED%20STAR/2_zpsic55cg1i.png

Onward they descended, the light quickly fading til they came upon darkness.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/DreadfulMorning/SHATTERED%20STAR/1_zps4g04t5il.png

The abyssal darkness parted as clouds. There was no one else. Falling through a world of dawning light. Strange visions raced about them. A strange otherworldly hum of a women filled their ears and swept away all conscious thoughts. There was nothing else, only the strange visions of this world...

Fragmentation: Ending
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/DreadfulMorning/SHATTERED%20STAR/80914c33a1fae0fcbe0a942299b06464%20-%20Copy%202_zpsfnlp3kvo.jpg

Though it was bright, it was blinding. A vision of a world placed together, like patch-work cloth. An eternal dawn held the sky. Great streams of rushing water formed massive rivers. A light shower of glowing golden rain. There was no sun. There was no moon. There existed only a strange haunting violet sphere of rock in the heavens. Countless souls sojourned through the green and golden fields. Young and old, silver-haired and elegant. They ran through the joyously, as the sky above was alight with the fires of falling fragments of destroyed worlds. The pieces rained down, and merged with the living land. Figures clad in pure and stark-white walked through the endless streams of Children. Though they were covered in streaks of fresh blood baring the heads of men and women in either hand, the Children embraced them joyfully, as if they were great hero's returning from battle. They stretched out their hands to the passing warriors, dampening their fingers with the congealing sanguine froth of the remains of the enemies they carried. The young Children painted their faces with the sigil. Two skeletal wings flanking a diamond. The endless sea of Children, looked skyward pointing above.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/DreadfulMorning/SHATTERED%20STAR/80914c33a1fae0fcbe0a942299b06464%20-%20Copy_zpsv5sbpke6.jpg

The fire of fallen worlds rained down, the strange heavenly body of crystal-stone and light pinned to the golden expanses of space. The figure of a strange silver haired knight clad in shadow upon a massive steed raced through the skies above. He lifted his massive spear to the sky triumphantly. The Children waved and cheered as if some divine savior crossed the sky's horizon. The great beast he rode galloped upon the air with black hooves. From the light Angels descended, their wings black and feathered.

The strange visions began to blur and fade. The world before them shattering like shards of glass as they continued their free-falling decent. The Light faded, and a strange auroral light filled its place. Below a strange image began to take form.. a church. A Cathedral devoid of life and filled with a melancholy sapphire hue. Their forms remanifested,
their hands, their bodies taking form once more. They fell and collided with the floor with terrible and violent force. The tiles beneath their bodies cracked and shattered yet their was no pain. Looking about themselves. It appeared as Cathedral Ruin, yet, some dark reflection of it. The pews of the church were new, and in good order. The wood finely polished. The windows of stained glass were clean and new. There was no parchments and scattered tomes about. The Cathedral looked, new... Upon the fine marble alter stood an angelic figure. Her massive white wings spread wide. Her silver hair obscured her features. She carried the black-winged form of Kal'Fel in her arms. She knelt down upon the alter placing him down.

Rain's Wake

Damas'ky was the first to rise to his feet, followed by the others. Kole'fein carried Nadia under one arm and his blade in the other. He placed her upon the ground, but spoke low. " Something isn't right here... None of this is supposed to happen. The Wake has been reclaimed, we need to go... We need to go, now." The silver haired angel knelt besides the Seraph, seemingly incapacitated, or yet to regain his consciousness. Damas'ky looked about his 'home' genuinely dumbfounded. He cleared his throat. "My, oh my. Thank you, lovely. I do enjoy the new look of the place. I suppose it was time for some spring-cleaning, after all.... So, My Lady... Eleventh Chapter Angel, please tell us. What Is your name. Moreover... what is this all about? " The Angel did not look up, she stroked the side of the Seraph's face compassionately, then spoke. Her voice was lovely, like a song, but her tone was disquieting... haunting. " You knew my name, Silly Boy. Dear Boy.... Did you think I would not see your poor gambit, Siviri? Or did you think I was blind in my absence? Try as you might. As cunning as you pretend to be... Did you think you could truly pass for your brother? You are not Los Vaelos, The Keeper." Damas'ky stumbled backwards, with staggered steps. " ...N-No. It's not possible..." She looked up at him, with a plain and simple gaze, as if seeing through them all.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/DreadfulMorning/SHATTERED%20STAR/wings%20artwork%20white%20hair%201920x1200%20wallp aper_www.animalhi.com_58%20-%20Copy_zpsylqua8lp.jpg

The One-Eyed Angel, looked upon them. All frozen under her gaze. Damas'ky's hands shook, then he sprung into action. He ripped the elaborate dagger from his waist, and turned to Kole'fein screaming as he threw the blade at him. "AIRU, RUN! IT'S MIRREN!" The Raven snapped the blade from the air stabbing himself with the short blade. It exploded into fragments of light, merging with his body. He grabbed Nadia while spinning about. Lifting his massive blade in the air. "Llye Dorakk!" With ungodly speed, he struck the air with his blade, cleaving a void of grey light into the air, throwing the Deathweaver inside. The portal closing behind her.

***Nadia Has Left The Game (Death's Wake)

He tossed his blade behind himself end over-end. It turned into a black mist. He bolted for the door behind him throwing Koriah over a shoulder with a speed that ripped the linoleum foundations from the floor. He pointed both his hands behind himself, one at the Seraph, the other at Kestal. " YUTSU - TAIYOU" The Seraph evaporated into a golden mist. A blade of sunlight flipped through the air with sub-sonic force, crossing the 140 ft between them in a flash of explosive force. merging with his hand. "DOER LU' YUTSU - KESTAL'FEL" The Magister exploded into a mist of light entering his other arm. He slammed into the massive 400 ft door with his shoulder. A terrible crack raced up the stone doors, splinters of stone raining down, instead of what he had expected. To be swept away by the magics of the portal.

She stood, an expressionless mask of amusement or pity upon her face. " Surely, you did not expect it would be so simple? Dear Boy... Poor Boy. You broke the rules..." Damas'ky stretched out his hand speaking, as a crimson light begun to form in his hand, determination in his voice. "Drathir Chath.... Mirren is gone. Who are you.... " She smiled as the massive blade formed in his hand. It's 5 ft blade was crystal-flame, the massive basket hilt of the blade. " I am her. I am not. I am The Eleventh Chapter Angel. Rain. " He raised up his blade gripping the massive hilt with both hands. " Whatever... Whoever you are. You have brought unrest and unbalanced The Wake. By Tresk'ri-Chath's Blade, you will fall." Kole'fein slammed into the door again. He lifted a hand, summoning his massive blade once more. She laughed softly at him, stepping off the alter. A gentle rain begun to fall within the Cathedral, hissing off the blade as the water came to an instant boil and evaporated. " Those God's aren't going to help you, Dear boy. They won't catch you when you fall... You'll be sorry for what you've done. They won't hear you, Dear Boy... Now die." He charged forth unleashing a massive vortex of flame from the sky with his strike. The flame was swept away as she swatted the air as if in annoyance. She raised a hand at him, a sapphire light filling her hands "Harl l'isto." The sapphire light of the Cathedral seemed to collapse upon a single point in an implosion of light leaving only pitch darkness. A ring of blue light ruptured outward. A void of supernatural darkness opening for a brief moment, then collapsing upon itself, releasing an explosion of light was restored to the room. An arm was left upon the floor, spitting a sanguine stream upon the black and white tiles of the Cathedral, but there was no other signs of The Keeper. The Raven's sword glowed brightly as his focus completed, granting him the time he needed. He struck down viciously while crying out; " Quortek Zeklet'tau! " He dived into the fissure-like portal he carved into the air head-first, the portal closing behind him. They fell through the night, the darkness. The souls he had gathered released from him. They tumbled through the darkness.

*** Kole'Fein, Kal'Fel, Kestal'Fel Have Left The Game (The Soul Warren)
*** Ro'lek, Jeska, Koriah Have Left The Game (The Soul Warren)