PDA

View Full Version : Brass Dragon - Paladin of liberty 3.5

Monk of love
2015-05-09, 03:26 PM
Hello I have to choose feats for a paladin of liberty who is 11th level AND a juvenile brass dragon, I have access to monster feats of course and I am looking to be a damage dealer, My stats with magical items are a 30 str, a 26 cha, 18 con, 15 dex 14 wis 10 int.

I was looking at the whirlwind chain maybe but it at a cost of 5 feats it just seems so high..

Pluto!
2015-05-09, 04:13 PM
Whirlwind Attack is terrible.

I think that if you're looking at a level 25 character, you're probably going to do best by actually avoiding direct melee combat, since above level 15 or so, it kind of stops working as a character shtick.

What you might be able to do is use something like Initiate of Milil, Words of Creation and Harmonious Knight sub levels to do a Bard impression, boost your Inspire Courage bonuses, get abusive with Epic Leadership and possibly Extra Followers (a thousand+ followers and an Epic Cohort is probably around the level of influence that's level-appropriate). If your cohort is a Warchanter, you could conceivably get a hundred or so level 1 mooks geared up with magic longbows and magic arrows, attacking at +19/+14/+9/+4 BAB each round.

Monk of love
2015-05-09, 05:43 PM
Whirlwind Attack is terrible.

I think that if you're looking at a level 25 character, you're probably going to do best by actually avoiding direct melee combat, since above level 15 or so, it kind of stops working as a character shtick.

What you might be able to do is use something like Initiate of Milil, Words of Creation and Harmonious Knight sub levels to do a Bard impression, boost your Inspire Courage bonuses, get abusive with Epic Leadership and possibly Extra Followers (a thousand+ followers and an Epic Cohort is probably around the level of influence that's level-appropriate). If your cohort is a Warchanter, you could conceivably get a hundred or so level 1 mooks geared up with magic longbows and magic arrows, attacking at +19/+14/+9/+4 BAB each round.

A juvenile brass dragons LA is +4 and my class level is 11, while my total hit die may be high, my class level is not over 21 and I do not have access to epic feats nor will I for quite awhile.

Also as stated previously in my first post I did say damage dealer, I understand it may not be as powerful but it's simply more fun than. as for class I am stuck with paladin which is why I asked for help in feats that would beef my dragon paladin up in melee.

Pluto!
2015-05-09, 05:53 PM
13 racial hit dice + 4 LA + 11 class levels = level 28 character, ie. well into epic.

I'm not going to bash on playing a melee character, but by ECL28, that's just not how the game fundamentally works.

Monk of love
2015-05-09, 06:17 PM
Wait so racial hit die counts for epic, where can I find that in the rules as I didn't previously know that,

well either way I have to play a paladin if I will play the dragon(restriction by the DM) due to a lot of role play things.
which is why I was looking into melee or something paladin like

it's also a good point to say all the other members are 13-15th level in a single class.

Buufreak
2015-05-09, 08:54 PM
Wait so racial hit die counts for epic, where can I find that in the rules as I didn't previously know that,

well either way I have to play a paladin if I will play the dragon(restriction by the DM) due to a lot of role play things.
which is why I was looking into melee or something paladin like

it's also a good point to say all the other members are 13-15th level in a single class.

Not just for epic, but for ECL. ECL will equal Class levels + LA + RHD. So depending on the level you and your party are playing at, it might be best idea to dump off levels of paladin.

Urpriest
2015-05-09, 09:10 PM

If that's true, you need to read my Monster Handbook. Someone who wants to play a monster needs to know what ECL is. If you don't, you shouldn't be considering playing a monster until you read the relevant rules. Assuming that level adjustment is the only thing you need to add is like assuming spell levels are the level you can cast the spell. It may make sense literally, but there's no way to make that mistake if you've actually read the relevant rules.