PDA

View Full Version : [5e] Sunless Citadel

Pages : 1 [2]

Dhavaer
2015-06-24, 06:32 AM
Gunthar gets 10 feet down the rope.
Katernin walks over to the edge and hurls a fire bolt down on the rat, scorching its tail.
Kerrigan comes back up and skewers it.

With the fight over you have the time to look around. Katernin and Kerrigan, and the others when they make it down, can see the Sunless Citadel's towers rising bent and broken from the gloom. The side of the ravine covers the fortress so even so close to midday it is in darkness. The stairs continue down to the fortress's gates, which are open, leading into a courtyard that appears littered with rubble. The ravine continues on to the south, bare but for a few rocks, rat parts and Katernin's axe, which she retrieves.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-06-24, 02:29 PM
Well, anybody care for rat on a stick? If not; I'll let you athletic nimble types take lead

Modigar
2015-06-24, 02:30 PM
"Somehow, I think I can bring myself to pass that up."

-Jynx-
2015-06-24, 05:28 PM
Kerrigan continues into the sunless citadels open gates "Lets get this over with! There's rum to be had a gold to be spent"

Dhavaer
2015-06-24, 05:50 PM
The courtyard is not merely littered by rubble, by covered by it, filled by it. There is no telling how deep the layers of masonry go, but there is a full ten feet of it between you and solid ground, which appears to have been the balcony of a tower before the citadel fell. There is a door opposite the stairs, and the balcony extends ten feet on either side of it.

Acrobatics checks if you're going to walk on the rubble.

-Jynx-
2015-06-24, 08:58 PM
[roll0]

Here's to hoping it goes well.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-06-25, 02:50 AM
Gunthar takes a good look at the rubble and then also slow proceeds to cross it after casting a quick cantrip.

Casts Guidance and might get a +2 bonus (proficiency) due to his intimate knowledge of stone/masonry (dwarf & tools)?
+ [roll]1d, see OCC rolled a 4 on guidance, so I have at least a 22 or a 24 on my acrobatics check

Dhavaer
2015-06-26, 08:26 AM
Katernin goes back to the stairs to make a run up, then leaps over the rubble. She lands on the balcony on the other side, which immediately folds away beneath her on hidden hinges. She tries to grab for the edge, barely misses, an falls into the pit with a crash and clatter. "Another damned rat!" she yells.

Initiative!

Katernin: [roll0]
Giant rat: [roll1]

Katernin and the rat are at the bottom of a ten foot pit trap, out of sight. The pit trap's entrance covers most of the middle section of the balcony. There are roughly ten by ten foot sections on either side and enough space on the far wall to edge around it to get to the door. There is not enough room for a run up to get to the sides of the balcony.

Katernin has 17/20hp.

Modigar
2015-06-26, 09:09 AM
Andrea backs up slightly on the appearance of this new threat, and starts readying a blast in her hand.
Initiative: [roll0]

MenhirRocksolid
2015-06-26, 11:28 AM
Careful now, before we all end up in holes or ambushed by goblins. Gunthar continues to carefully walk on the debris, towards the pit Katernin is in.

Unless something else pops up his turn will likely be spent just moving

-Jynx-
2015-06-27, 09:25 AM
[roll0]

Depending on answer OOC will dictate my action for this turn~

-Jynx-
2015-06-28, 08:33 AM
Kerrigan wades through the debri to try and get to katernin

[roll0] Acrobatics check
Double move action to get there if I must using my cunning action and then for my normal action if I'm by the hole Katernin is in (assuming I didn't fail my check, and my double move put me there) I'll try and jump down on the rat if it's not dead yet.

Dhavaer
2015-06-28, 09:29 AM
The debris shifts under Kerrigan's feet, dumping her into a cavity. After several false starts she manages to climb out and reaches the edge of the pit. She jumps down onto the rat, striking it but landing poorly and falling.
Katernin stands and crushes the stunned rat with her sheathed sword.
Andrea readies a spell in case of danger.
Gunthar is also dumped into a cavity, climbing out and reaching the pit.

The rat is dead.
Kerrigan is in the pit, prone, and has taken 2 damage from the fall.
The pit also contains three dead goblins: two are almost skeletal, while the third has been dead a day at most.

-Jynx-
2015-06-28, 12:50 PM
Kerrigan stammers to her feet, a bit shaken from her clumsy fall. "Well that coulda went better... ye alright lass?" Kerrigan says dusting herself off. Kerrigan makes her way to the other bodies. Inspecting for loot of course, but also taking note of the fresher corpse.

Anything of note on what may have killed it? I'll take 20 if I need to investigate the corpse since we aren't in danger anyways

Dhavaer
2015-06-28, 05:34 PM
"Just a little sore. The goblin broke my fall."

Enough of the goblin has been eaten to make confirming a cause of death easy, but it probably fell in and either died from the fall or was finished off by the rat. Kerrigan finds 23 silver coins and 4 gold falling out through a hole gnawed in the goblin's belt pouch.

-Jynx-
2015-06-28, 06:37 PM
Kerrigan tries to casually pocket the change without Katernin seeing

[roll0] sleight of hand

Kerrigan then walks up to one fo the walls, crouches and jumps to grab the edge, pulling herself out of the pits. "Careful 'o the hole mates"

Modigar
2015-06-29, 06:35 AM
"Better nobody, but I hope you'll not hold a grudge if I say 'rather you than me'."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-06-29, 03:35 PM
Does yer hole lead to anywhere, except me getting slapt when asking about it, or are you getting out of it?

-Jynx-
2015-06-29, 04:50 PM
"Don't ye be worryin about me holes" Kerrigan helps Katernin out the hole as well. Then continuing into the Citadel.

Dhavaer
2015-06-30, 03:26 AM
There are four more dead goblins inside the tower. Three was sprawled on the floor while the fourth is kept upright against the wall by a spear that has pierced through it and lodged in the mortar. Though rats have nibbled on them, they were clearly slain in combat. There are two doors other than the one you entered by, on the north-west and south-west points of the circular room (you entered from the east). The tower reaches up 30 feet; there was once a staircase spiralling up but now only a few parts of the landings remain.

Modigar
2015-07-01, 12:31 PM
Andrea nods towards the corpses. "Wonder why those poor sods are still there?" She looks curious for a moment, before shaking her head, curiosity quelled. "Doesn't matter. Feel like trying to climb that Kerry?"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-01, 05:51 PM
That tower should indeed not be much harder than a mast of a ship to climb, I'll even throw in some guidance if ye like

-Jynx-
2015-07-01, 06:29 PM
Kerrigan stares at the tattered remains of the spiral staircase for a moment... "I would, but then how would you lot get up?" she said with a confident smile. "Suppose we be takin' the doors then." she says as she goes to open the door on the NW point.

Dhavaer
2015-07-02, 03:57 AM
The door opens into a wide, ruined hall. The southern wall has completely collapsed, covering that end with rubble. The western wall is in the best shape, and about two-thirds of the way along it is an stone door, carved with a relief of a rearing dragon. In the dragon's open mouth is the keyhole.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-02, 08:55 AM
My offer for guidance on anything still stands, as long as I can stand and watch from a safe distance in case you need immediate healing...

-Jynx-
2015-07-02, 06:06 PM
Kerrigan walks up to the wall. Examining the art for a moment before focusing on the keyhole. "Well well what do we have 'ere?" She says checking the doorway for traps.

[roll0]

Assuming all looks well with the door, Kerrigan retrieves her lockpicking tools. With deft hands she tries to unlock the door as she whistles a tune she learned overseas.

[roll1]

Dhavaer
2015-07-02, 10:29 PM
The dragon's appearance is menacing, but the door appears safe. Kerrigan's lockpicking attempt does not go well, however. Picks are caught, tumblers catch and drop seemingly at random, and the lock does not even seem to have a constant depth. It remains shut.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-03, 02:30 AM
Perhaps Andrea should have a look at well.

Casts guidance on her if she does [roll0]

Modigar
2015-07-03, 01:30 PM
"I'll give it a go, but I'm not all that fantastic with locks."

It's dex+proficiency+this buff here, right? If so, [roll0]. If not, the roll canbe modified easily enough.

Dhavaer
2015-07-03, 04:09 PM
Andrea is no more successful. The door remains locked.

-Jynx-
2015-07-03, 05:19 PM
Kerrigan moves back up to the lock "Let me give it another go..." she says a but more frustrated at her first attempt.

[roll0]

Dhavaer
2015-07-04, 05:59 AM
The door remains locked.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-04, 12:57 PM
Perhaps we need ta look fer a key. *glances over the rubble*

guidance assisted perception check: [roll0] + [roll1]

Modigar
2015-07-04, 01:20 PM
"You do that, I'll take another crack at the lock. Don't know if it'll do much, but I'm better at lockpicking than finding things." Having said that, she once again tries to deal with the pesky lock.

[roll0]

Dhavaer
2015-07-04, 06:01 PM
The door remains stubbornly locked. The rubble turns out, when Gunthar approaches it, to be stubbornly full of rats, or at least one giant rat, which lunges out and snaps at his boot before ducking back in to the fallen masonry.

Initiative!
Giant rat: [roll0]
Katernin: [roll1]

The hall is twenty by forty feet, with the locked door on the west wall, thirty feet from the south wall. The rat is sheltering in the rubble which takes up the southern-most five feet of the hall.

-Jynx-
2015-07-04, 09:16 PM
Kerrigan spins on her heels and runs toward the rat "Great luck we're havin so far eh?"

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-05, 06:04 AM

Gunthar channels Phytons divinity trying to charm every rat in sight. Sit I say, Phyton commands it!

Separate rolls for each, DC 13; I'll at least likely get a few smaller rats charmed.

Modigar
2015-07-05, 07:07 AM
Initiative: [roll0] Attack: [roll1] Damage: [roll2] [roll3]

As soon as she notices the giant rat Andrea turns her wrath on it and quickly tosses a barely formed ball of power in its direction.

Dhavaer
2015-07-05, 07:52 AM
Divine power overwhelms the rat's aggressive instincts and it gives a friendly squeak.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-05, 05:04 PM
Hold yer blasting, stabbing and otherwise murderous instincts under control fer a moment, I got this rat under control

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-06, 12:05 PM
*Casts Speak with Animals* Now come here little rat, I have a few questions for you, and perhaps some food. Do you know which other, creatures such as goblins, roam around this place and where they live and how to get there? And have you perhaps also seen some humans pass by lately, other than us?

Basically try to get information about some nearby locations and monsters as per PH

Dhavaer
2015-07-06, 05:19 PM
"Food? Food good. Lots of rats live here, with Mama Guthash. Lots of scaly two-legs. Lots of yellow two-legs. Scalies and yellows fight sometimes. Good eating. Scalies live that way-" the rat indicates west- "yellows live that way-" it indicates north- "get there through cracks in walls. Not big enough for you. What human? Seen big two legs long time ago. Fight yellows. Yellows lose. Good eating. Food?"

Modigar
2015-07-06, 05:56 PM
"Well... that's easier than fighting I suppose."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-06, 07:27 PM
*Gives the rat a ration to munch on* Well, it seems we not only have goblins around here up north, but also what I suspect to be kobolds in the west, as they are fighting eachother. And the humans were here some time ago too fighting the kobolds as well. Then turns back to the rat: But how does a big rat like you get through the cracks?

Dhavaer
2015-07-06, 10:39 PM
The rat gnaws on the ration. "Rats squeeze good, not thick like two legs."

-Jynx-
2015-07-06, 10:52 PM
Cant believe we're taking advice from a ****in' rat.... she thinks to herself. "Does it know how big this place is...?"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-07, 02:30 AM
To Kerrigan: Well I guess the answer to how big the place is will be "very big" as your asking a rat. Turns back to the rat: Do you know where the big two legs went after fighting the yellow legs?

Dhavaer
2015-07-07, 03:22 AM
"One is dead. Found body. Not seen others again."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-07, 11:18 AM
To the rat: If you take us to the body I will give you more delicious food.

Dhavaer
2015-07-07, 04:39 PM
The rat chitters and squeaks in distress. "Don't know how! Can only get there through cracks. Too dangerous for rats in the open."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-07, 06:23 PM
Was the dead body of the big two legs near where the yellow legs live or near where the scaly legs live?

Dhavaer
2015-07-07, 10:40 PM
"Near yellow legs. Food?"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-09, 01:20 AM
Gunthar gives the rat a few more crumbs and then turns to his female entourage. Well, the others have gotten into this place, and at least one of them managed to get him or herself killed inside, so there must be a way into here, but perhaps not by this door. We can also try the other door in the circular room.

-Jynx-
2015-07-09, 06:24 AM
"Well hopefully it wasn't one o' the kids we be lookin' for." she says looking around the room. "I guess we go deeper then."

Dhavaer
2015-07-09, 10:30 PM
The door open onto a corridor leading west, ending after about forty feet with a door in the far wall. Ten feet back from the far end there are two more doors facing each other.

Modigar
2015-07-10, 04:41 AM
"So.... what do you say? Left, right or centre?"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-10, 05:20 AM
I'd listen at the doors first.

Guidance assisted perception: [roll0] + [roll1]

-Jynx-
2015-07-10, 06:18 AM
Kerrigan follows suite and listens to the doors as well.

Perception - [roll0]

Dhavaer
2015-07-10, 07:25 AM
The south door is decorated with a relief of a swimming, dragon-like fish, but you hear nothing from behind it, nor from the north door. From the west door you hear rather squeaky weeping.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-11, 03:59 PM
Weeping? Would any of you ladies have experience in comforting something?

-Jynx-
2015-07-11, 04:29 PM
Kerrigan withdraws a dagger for a moment, grasping the hilt and dancing her fingers on the point. "Of course I do... why do ye' ask?"

Modigar
2015-07-11, 06:59 PM
"While I'm usually better at inflicting the pain, I can probably come up with something different for a change. Why?"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-12, 04:16 AM
Gunther opens the door to see what is making the weeping noises

Dhavaer
2015-07-12, 10:01 AM
The door opens into a large and irregularly shaped chamber, its walls patterned with crude green glyphs. In the centre of the main part of the room is a pillar supporting the ceiling; to its left, against the south wall, is a large metal cage with a gap bashed in between two bars. On the pillar's right is a pit that seems to have recently held a large bonfire. Next to the cage is a bench draped with green cloth and holding several small objects (most of them green). The weeping is coming from a bedroll on the far side of the bench. Whoever is in it doesn't seem to have noticed you.

-Jynx-
2015-07-12, 11:39 AM
Kerrigan slowly withdraws her rapier. She turns motioning her companions to stay there and be quiet as she begin skulking up to the weeping figure.

[note: if anyone would rather I not try and stealth stab this person, they can jump in to stop me, if not then the following are my actions/rolls]

[roll0]

She keeps an eye on the target. Looking for any signs of being noticed as she approaches (if she is noticed she will try and act natural... if no then she would continue...)

Advantage stealth attack
Hit: [roll1] or [roll2]
Dmg: [roll3] + [roll4]

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-12, 05:57 PM
Whoa, hold on a moment miss, that not what I meant with comforting. Whatever it is, we can always kill it. However if we kill it, we'll never know what it knew. In business, everything is about information. Gunthar subsequently also strides into the room. Remind me to never book you for anything late at night or for babysitting my nephews...

Dhavaer
2015-07-13, 09:20 PM
The person on the bedroll has not noticed either the sneaking or the speech, and continues sobbing. You make out what might be words in an unfamiliar language.

-Jynx-
2015-07-14, 05:59 AM
"I don't like this..." she says in a lower voice. She grips her rapier tighter "I say we take care 'o this"

Modigar
2015-07-14, 08:13 PM
Andrea shoots a sharp glare at Kerrigan and retorts at a similar volume: "We ain't killing someone just because you're getting the willies Kerry."

-Jynx-
2015-07-14, 10:52 PM
Kerrigan sneers as she slowl puts her rapier away "Fine... it's yer graves" she says under her breath.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-15, 07:56 AM
Gunthar walks over to the bedroll and lifts it up to see what's under it, ready to strike if whatever it is that is under it attempts to bite or strike him.

Dhavaer
2015-07-15, 08:04 AM
Tucked under the bedroll's blankets is a scarred kobold, who looks up in alarm as its misery is disturbed. It shuffles back up against the bench in fright, making no move to attack.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-15, 03:01 PM
Heh, one of the scaly ones the rat was talking about. Gunthar lowers his staff again. In common: Hey you there, miniature dragon lookalike, whats up with the weeping? Lost your pet rat?

Dhavaer
2015-07-15, 05:19 PM
At this the kobold tears up again. "Lost dragon! Wretched goblins stole Calcryx!"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-16, 12:44 PM
Wh-what? A toy dragon you mean?

Dhavaer
2015-07-16, 04:12 PM
"No, dragon! Meepo raised Calcryx from egg! Now gone..." the kobold sobs, pointing at the bent cage.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-16, 04:36 PM
Why did the dragon not eat you, or for that matter, roast the goblins? And how much did you drink?

Insight [roll0]

Dhavaer
2015-07-16, 05:13 PM
"Calcryx is ice dragon. Also small. Calcryx did freeze one goblin, but there were lots. Meepo took good care of Calcryx and Calcryx did not freeze Meepo. Got a bit scratchy with claws, though," Meepo adds, rubbing a scar. "Meepo drink some water a while ago but not know why you ask that."

Meepo is indeed heavily scarred and sober, though clearly depressed.

-Jynx-
2015-07-17, 06:11 AM
"And where exactly did they go?"

Dhavaer
2015-07-17, 06:46 AM
Meepo points to the north end of the room. Aside from the one your entered by, there are four doors and one open doorway. The one Meepo points at is on the eastern wall, near where it joins the northern. There is another opposite it, and two near the corner of the south and west walls. The open doorway is on the lower western wall, south of an intruding corner that gives the room an irregular shape.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-17, 03:26 PM
So, who else lives in this place? Many more kobolds and many more goblins I suppose? And anything else aside a kidnapped baby ice dragon?

Dhavaer
2015-07-17, 08:49 PM
"Meepo not know other than those, but leader does. Meepo could take you to leader, Yusdrayl, give you safe passage, if you make nice and not hurt anyone. May be if you promise to rescue Calcryx, leader make nice to you and answer questions?"

Modigar
2015-07-18, 07:38 AM
"Can't exactly expect us to make a promise without the important information if you actually want us to keep it, can you?

-Jynx-
2015-07-18, 09:10 AM
Kerrigan walks over to Andrea, and bends to her ear, placing her arm around Andrea, but her back to Gunthar and the Kobold. "This dragon could mean a lot 'o loot, or a powerful ally if we can convince it... Even if it doesn't go nicely a dragons body is worth its weight in gold... and if a couple 'o goblins were able to take it, it's no match fer us..." she says in a whisper, meeting Andrea's eyes for a moment for a response.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-20, 01:59 AM
How many kobolds live in this place? And could you perhaps draw a map for us of this place of what you know as gesture of good faith, also indicating where there are goblin traps and kobold traps?

Dhavaer
2015-07-20, 05:32 AM
"Not so many kobolds here. Came with three score, some killed by goblins, so less than that now. Meepo not know about goblin traps. Kobolds not make traps here. Sacred stones, not want to change. Meepo can show you around colony, not been anywhere else. If you got in through big chasm, you know as much as Meepo does."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-21, 08:33 AM
To his female companionship: Well, I guess if the kobolds attack us then they will be committing suicide as we'll either kill them or they will in the long run get killed by the goblins due to insufficient numbers. Turns to Meepo again: So, how important is this dragon for your tribe? I assume we would should be getting quite a reward if we return him to your kind, and an extra reward if we get rid of the goblin infestation?

Dhavaer
2015-07-21, 10:14 AM
"Calcryx most important! Meepo sure Yusdrayl give you big reward."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-23, 04:01 AM
Just one more question; why is this place sacred to you kobolds? It's quite a dump outside.

Dhavaer
2015-07-23, 04:41 AM
"This sacred place! In bad condition and full of goblins, true, but can be fixed. Was used to worship dragon Ashardalon long time ago. Thought would be good place to raise dragon Calcryx. That... not work out so good. Please return Calcryx!"

Dhavaer
2015-07-26, 05:15 AM
Meepo leads you out the middle western door, down a long hallway with a pair of doors to the south and a door and a shorter hallway to the north. He leads you down the north hallway, which opens into a large hall decorated with a double row of worn statues depicting coiling dragons. There are three armed kobolds here; they load slings when they see you coming but Meepo calls out to them in a hissing language. You don't understand the words, but the name 'Yusdrayl' is mentioned at least once. One of the kobold guards runs off ot the west before the other two guards allow you to pass. You pass the returning third guard on your way to the western side of the hall.

The western end of the hall is open, only two stubby walls separate it at all from Yusdrayl's throne room. Six kobold guards stand before the throne, which is constructed from fallen pieces of masonry stacked around an altar. Atop the altar are three scrolls and what looks like a feather. The part of the altar serving as the throne's back is shaped like a rearing dragon, holding a key in its mouth. Yusdrayl is a small, horned figure in red robes, surrounded by a shimmering magical aura. Meepo kneels before the throne and she speaks with him briefly before turning to you.

"Meepo tells me you would be willing to return Calcryx to us, in return for payment," Yusdrayl says. "Is this true?"

Modigar
2015-07-26, 07:00 AM
"Meepo tells me you would be willing to return Calcryx to us, in return for payment," Yusdrayl says. "Is this true?"

"Assuming a good enough payment for the difficulty of the task, it's certainly on the cards. That said, we're not making any blind promises."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-26, 04:41 PM
We are on a rescue mission here. Adding a dragon to the list seems both efficient and noble. I believe that cooperating with you will be mutually beneficial.

Dhavaer
2015-07-26, 08:10 PM
"Excellent. Return with Calcryx and I offer you my tribe's treasures," Yusdrayl says, indicting the objects on the altar. "You may take any two, or the key, if you can remove it. This I swear on Calcryx and Ashardalon. Meepo will accompany you. He is not a warrior, but Calcryx will listen to him if to anyone."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-27, 07:33 AM
We do however have a number of very reasonable requests we'd like to ask from you before we accept. For one, we need to know the exact layout of this place. You must know most of it as this place is a holy place for your people. We need to know which areas are currently under control by your tribe, which ones are contested by you and the goblins and which ones are clear goblin territory. The more we know the greater the chance of a succesful rescue and of a succesful removal of the goblin infestation. Secondly, we'd like to be able to rest safely within your territory when we require it as this job will likely require more than a few hours. We'd furthermore appreciate it if you have any information about an incursion of humans into this place that happened not long ago. We've got information that these humans were beaten by the goblins, and that at least one of them is dead. They might be kept in the same place as the dragon. Lastly, you should perhaps considder hiring "Grass reconstructions" to help rebuild this place once we're done. *Hands Yusdrayl his business card*.

Dhavaer
2015-07-27, 10:24 AM
"You have entered by the chasm? You have seen the dragon door? You have come here from Calcryx's chamber? Then all you have seen is our territory, though we leave the areas nearer the chasm to the rats. They offer nothing. We do not know what lies beyond the door - the key is firmly stuck. There are two routes to the goblins' territory from here. The one I would recommend to you is through the hall of dragons. There are two locked doors and a trap, by we have the keys and know the way around it. It will get you to the heart of the goblin territory. The second is more circuitous, and is prowled by giant rats. The goblins say they are led by a vast and bloated mother they call Guthash. I do not know if that is true, we stay away and the rats bother the goblins rather than us.
"I do not know the exact layout of the goblin's territory. Goblins are cowardly, but liars, also. Several speak of a hall of dragons, similar to ours. Fewer have mentioned a trapped hallway, if you encounter a narrow, empty hallway, perhaps try edging along the wall. They also control access to the lower levels, in which there is a large, natural cavern. All who have mentioned this also speak of a tree in the cavern, though this seems unlikely to me. They have space enough for at least sixty of their kind, perhaps a dozen hobgoblins and some have mentioned bugbear friends, also. The Outcast may have given them some of his twig blights, also. Go carefully.
"You may rest here, if you promise to do my people no harm, and fight in their defence if the goblins raid while you are here.
"Three humans came here before we did, the goblins say. They killed many goblins before being overwhelmed. Their chief executed one and sent the others below to the Outcast."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-29, 08:15 AM
I've spoken with a giant rat myself using magic and I can confirm that Guthash rules the pack. I wonder if she can be reasoned with. We will of course not harm your people when staying here and we'll naturally come to their defence if the goblins are foolish enough to attack, heck I might throw in some free healing if needed; I hope they do in fact attack as we'd be able to dispose of them more safely and efficiently though we should perhaps capture one of them for questioning.

Dhavaer
2015-07-30, 04:54 AM
Meepo leads you back to the Hall of Dragons, where one of the guards unlocks a door in the north wall for you. Beyond is a narrow, unadorned corridor. "Press against left wall and be careful," Meepo advises, and crosses the hall as he's suggested. The guard goes first and unlocks the door at the other end. It hisses something at Meepo before shutting it behind you. You pick up the word 'Ashardalon' a few times. "Guard says say 'Ashardalon flies' when we want to get back in. Say 'Ashardalon burns' if goblins with us or close behind."

Beyond the locked corridor is a second corridor, going twenty feet north to the end, where it turns and goes a further ten feet west. There is a closed door at the end of the corridor.

Modigar
2015-07-30, 09:32 AM
"Stick to the left wall, and simple passwords? Easy enough to remember. So... who wants to go first?"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-07-31, 01:05 AM
*to Andrea and the group in general* I'd say Kerrigan first, followed by Katernin, then me, then Meepo and finally you. We need somebody nimble in front and you can attack anything from whatever range, and I don't think we should be worried this time about attacks in our back. Otherwise, Katernin should take the rear. *Turns to Meepo* Are you any good with anything such as magic or throwing rocks, or are you just very good in handling dragons?

Dhavaer
2015-07-31, 07:52 AM
"Meepo can use sling, a little."

Dhavaer
2015-08-01, 07:49 AM
You open the door into a small, twenty-by-twenty foot chamber, currently housing a half dozen goblins, sitting around a cooling fire pit. As you enter, they screech and jump up, reaching for their weapons.

Initiative!

Meepo 22
Katernin 19
Goblins 3

-Jynx-
2015-08-01, 03:07 PM
Kerrigan withdraws her rapier "Whomever kills the least o' these rats buys the next round a drinks when we're out of this damned place!" she says bracing her feet and readying a swing.

Ready action for whenever a goblin comes close enough to attack. Swinging before the goblin makes a melee attack.

Attack: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1] + [roll2]

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-01, 07:25 PM
I think I should be able to make it: Do a move action and attack a goblin (20 ft distance I believe, my max is 25):

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
This attack will be preferably on one which already got damaged. If I reduce the goblin to 0 HP I intend to knock it unconcious instead of killing it. (page 198 phb)

If this is not the case a sacred flame preferably on one which just got damaged. [roll2]

So hoping now I was too far of...

Dhavaer
2015-08-01, 07:27 PM
Meepo hurries into the room, spinning up his sling, and hurls a stone at a goblin, striking it in the chest.
Katernin steps into the room, moving in to swing at a second goblin, but misses.
Kerrigan rushes up to the same goblin, which dodges her blow.
Gunthar rushes the goblin Meepo struck, but misses with his staff.

Modigar
2015-08-02, 10:27 AM
Concentrating fire on that poor, poor goblin Meepo struck, Andrea concentrates her power with a quick hex and immediately lashes out.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] [roll2]

Dhavaer
2015-08-02, 05:54 PM
The goblins draw their scimitars and attack; two strike hard blows on Gunthar's armour and one on Katernin's. Kerrigan dodges both strikes aimed at her.
Meepo spins up another rock but misses.
Katernin catches a goblin in the chest with her greatsword, stoving in its ribs.

Gunthar has taken 10 damage.
Katernin has taken 5 damage.
One goblin has taken 4 damage.
One goblin is dead.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-04, 04:28 AM
Son of turd! Gunthar again seeks to knock the hurt goblin out cold.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Modigar
2015-08-04, 10:01 AM
Andrea throws another blast at the injured goblin.

Attack roll: [roll0] damage: [roll1] [roll2]

-Jynx-
2015-08-05, 06:34 AM
Kerrigan takes another swing at the goblin before her.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

Dhavaer
2015-08-05, 07:04 AM
Kerrigan skewers the wounded goblin.
Another dodges Gunthar's swing while a third ducks under Andrea's bolt.
A goblin makes a firm hit on Gunthar's armour. Katernin and Kerrigan deflect and dodge their remaining opponents' attacks.
Meepo's next stone goes wide and a goblin dodges Katernin's swing.

2 goblins are dead, Gunthar has taken 15 damage, Katernin has taken 5 damage.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-05, 12:37 PM
By Phytons Beard!

Attack the goblin who just hit him: [roll0] , damage: [roll1]

Healing word on self: [roll2]

-Jynx-
2015-08-05, 04:53 PM
Kerrigan lunges at another Goblin, this time trying to slam the hilt into the goblin. "We need to leave one of 'em alive mates" she yells!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Attempting for non lethal damage. Unsure if you'll still give me a sneak attack bonus or not. If so the roll is [roll2] but I'm trying to keep one of them alive.

Modigar
2015-08-05, 05:20 PM
Andrea tosses another bolt towards the one she narrowly missed with her last.

Attack roll: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] [roll2]

Dhavaer
2015-08-06, 03:41 AM
Kerrigan's rapier hits home, wounding the goblin fighting her.
Gunthar's staff misses his opponents but his spell refreshes him.
Andrea's bolt flies past Gunthar and punches into a goblin's belly before detonating.
The remaining goblin fighting Gunthar makes a desperate slash that pierces his armour and bites into his belly.
Katernin and Kerrigan's opponents lash out, striking strong blows against their armour.
Meepo spins up his sling again and strikes Kerrigan's remaining opponent, cracking the goblin's skull.
Katernin beats the goblin before her down with heavy blows.

Gunthar has taken 19 damage, Katernin has taken 10 damage, Kerrigan has taken 5 damage.
The sole remaining goblin is in melee with Gunthar.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-06, 01:23 PM
*mumbles* Healer heal thyself...

Heal: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

p.s. subdual is not in the system, you just get to choose to knock out your NPC opponent when you get him to 0 hp (or kill him).

-Jynx-
2015-08-06, 06:17 PM
Same attempt at non-lethal damage!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] if I get it

Dhavaer
2015-08-06, 10:29 PM
Kerrigan bops the last goblin over the head and it collapses in an unconscious heap.

-Jynx-
2015-08-07, 06:19 AM
Kerrigan retrieves her rope, and begins to tie the goblin up (I'll take 20, so to avoid making a check if that's okay) after the tie is sufficient she steps back and looks at Gunthar. "Think you can heal him up? I've some questions for 'em"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-08, 01:56 PM
That little fecker caused me to use every bit of my healing magic on myself... I'd say, loot the goblins, search this room, and then retreat with the goblin bodies back to the kobolds. I'm sure they will be delighted with some yellow meat. While we rest over there for a bit I'm sure the little fecker will wake up, perhaps using a bucket of water. Good job on those ropes though, very thorough.

casts mending on his armor

-Jynx-
2015-08-08, 02:37 PM
"The Kobolds have too much hate fer these goblins. May end up killin the buggar if we hand him over like this. Can ye maybe just give it some first aid?" Kerrigan begins to search around. "I'll need some things for when it wakes up..." she says as she rummages through things

Dhavaer
2015-08-08, 06:57 PM
The contents of the room are uniformly broken, stained or rotted. The goblins, on the other hand, still had some coins from their bandit days. You find 26 silver coins and 2 gold.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-08, 06:59 PM
You got a point there Kerrigan. Turns to Meepo: So, what would your kind do with a live goblin?

-Jynx-
2015-08-08, 07:12 PM
Kerrigan withdraws a water flask, a rag, a bit of rope, her knife and a torch. "I know what I'll do..." she says to herself, but loud enough for all to hear. Kerrigan lightly slaps the incapacitated goblin in the face a bit "Oi mate, wake up" she says in a cynical voice.

Dhavaer
2015-08-09, 03:46 AM
"Lock it up and see if it gets better," Meepo says. "Then question it."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-10, 01:00 PM
I'll leave the goblin up to you Kerrigan. Somehow, I don't feel a deep affection for this particular bugger...

Dhavaer
2015-08-11, 03:46 AM
Abuse heaped on the goblin doesn't disturb its enforced unconsciousness. After about an hour it begins to stir. It wakes slowly at first, then struggles when it notices the ropes before freezing as it sees you. "Bree-yark!" it squeals. "No hurt!"

-Jynx-
2015-08-11, 06:12 AM
Kerrigan flashes the dagger in her hand. "Well now that depends on how good yer answers are lil' one..." she leans in closer "Word is you've a dragon that you stole. We'd like to be returnin' it to its kin. Now..." she puts the tip of the dagger against the goblins kneecap "Where might ye be keepin' it?"

Dhavaer
2015-08-11, 09:47 PM
"Dragon in trophy room! No hurt!"

-Jynx-
2015-08-12, 06:10 AM
"And how many of you are there in the trophy room?"

Dhavaer
2015-08-12, 07:08 AM
"None! Dragon too dangerous! Got loose and attacked us! No hurt!"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-12, 01:01 PM
How many of you are outside of the trophy room?

Dhavaer
2015-08-12, 09:43 PM
The goblin turns about in its bindings, looking around. "Was six. Less now."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-14, 09:34 AM
So the dragon and the trophy room are just next door? And how many other goblins, hobgoblins and bugbears are roaming this complex aside from the former six of you?

-Jynx-
2015-08-14, 05:22 PM
Kerrigan takes a step back, pulling the knife away from the goblins skin. "What do you intend on doing with the dragon? And are there any more of you besides the ones outside the trophy room?"

Dhavaer
2015-08-15, 01:36 AM
"Lots of goblins here, dozens and dozens. Only a dozen hobgoblins and two bugbears. Wanted to keep dragon away from kobolds. Now want to not be eaten by dragon. Trophy room is through next room, door to left." The goblin looks especially shifty as it gives directions.

-Jynx-
2015-08-15, 10:24 AM
Kerrigan turns to the others "Well mates... whats the plan? Furthermore..." she turns back to the goblin "What do we do with ye?"

Dhavaer
2015-08-15, 08:38 PM
"No hurt?"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-16, 04:12 AM
I suggest we use him as a trap springer or indicator

Modigar
2015-08-18, 04:31 AM
"Better than just killing him, this way we actually get something useful instead of just a fresh corpse."

-Jynx-
2015-08-18, 06:17 AM
"And what if he just tips them off as we approach?" she turns back to the goblin "So where is the trophy room really?" she says, returning the dagger back to his skin "We've no time fer games"

Dhavaer
2015-08-18, 05:38 PM
"Eeek! Third door! Third door in north wall!"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-19, 10:50 AM
We should definately check out the door to the left in the next room though, to see what this little bugger was trying to lead us into. And we can of course use him to appease the dragon, no need for us to hurt him.

-Jynx-
2015-08-19, 05:09 PM
"I fear we'd be walking into a trap doing that... I saw we get the dragon first. We are but a few, I'd care to do this as easily as possible mate"

Modigar
2015-08-20, 05:35 PM
Andrea shakes her head. "That place is a loose end, my experience, that's gonna bite us where the sun don't shine if we ignore it. I figure we should go in ready for a fight... goblin first. And ready to kill it if it tries anything." She smirks. "Either that, or you and I go check it out, all quiet like. No matter what though, I'm iffy on leaving it behind us without knowing what we're ignoring."

-Jynx-
2015-08-20, 06:51 PM
"I say we gag 'em, unbind his legs and give him to Meepo to trail behind us." Kerrigan looks at the Goblin "If he's on the level, he keeps his life, if he lies to us..." Kerrigan looks up to Meepo "I'm sure the dragons hungry by now" Kerrigan begins to unbind the goblins legs, and shoves a bit of cloth in his mouth. "Now I wouldn't go trying anything crazy... you only get one life after all" and hands the rope to Meepo. Kerrigan then begins to move toward the third door at the North wall.

Dhavaer
2015-08-21, 09:42 AM
The room beyond the door is lit by torches emitting a hazy smoke, obscuring sight. Like the hall in the kobolds' territory, it's lined with a double row of dragon pillars. There are three doors in the norht wall and one each in the east and west walls, aside from the one you entered from the south.

The room beyond the third door in the north wall is deliberately if poorly decorated. Heads of rather unimpressive animals - cattle, rats - are mounted on the wall, although there are a few kobold heads as well. Smashed and broken cabinets and tables litter the floor, with a particular concentration against the far wall. A rusted iron spike in the centre of the room trails a broken chain, and the floor and walls are patched with thin ice. A little white dragon, perhaps half Meepo's size, hops up onto an overturned table and screeches ferociously at you.

Initiative:
Goblin 21
Katernin 16
Calcryx 12
Meepo 11

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-21, 10:10 AM
To Meepo: I think Calcryx is hungry...
Initiative for Gunthar: [roll0]

-Jynx-
2015-08-21, 06:18 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Modigar
2015-08-22, 04:22 PM

Dhavaer
2015-08-22, 07:56 PM
The goblin squeaks behind its gag and tries to run.
Katernin charges forward, sheathed sword in her hands. The air around the sword ripples as it swings; Calcryx flaps up but not quite fast enough and is almost knocked out of the air.
Calcryx responds with a gust of icy breath that doesn't quite reach to the door. Katernin twists around just in time to avoid the worst of it.
Meepo warbles something at Calcryx but is too busy struggling with the goblin to help.

Calcryx has taken 19 damage.
Katernin has taken 15 damage (including the carry over from the last fight and spending a hit die).
Gunthar has taken 11 damage.
Kerrigan has taken 3 damage.

-Jynx-
2015-08-22, 09:17 PM
Kerrigan whirls around and grabs hold of the goblins reigns from Meepo "Meepo settle it down! NOW!" she barks at the kobold. "Oi try not to piss this thing off ya daft wench! We got a promise ta keep and we can't be killin' it!"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-08-25, 02:10 PM
Glorious Calcryx, please accept our offer of food *points at the goblin* and forgive our feral half-orc for attacking you. Her animalistic instincts got triggered by your majestic yet frightening roar.

Guidance assisted diplomacy roll [roll0] + [roll1]

Modigar
2015-08-29, 09:05 AM
Andrea turns on the dragon, a fiery glint in her eyes. She speaks, an irrisistible iron in her voice: "HALT!"

Command: Halt! to buy us some time

Dhavaer
2015-08-29, 05:40 PM
Kerrigan takes the goblin's leash. Calcryx freezes atop the table as Andrea's spell takes effect, only able to move enough to keep its balance. It briefly turns towards Gunthar on hearing its name, but otherwise takes no notice. The goblin struggles uselessly. Katernin swings but Calcryx is able to 'lose its balance' just in time to fall out of the way of the sword. Meepo rushes in and warbles a string of draconic at Calcryx.

Modigar
2015-09-05, 04:42 AM
Andrea backs away a bit more. "Please don't try that again. I can't do that again any time soon, and I'd rather not be forced to hurt you"

MenhirRocksolid
2015-09-15, 03:10 AM
Gunthar Grass takes out his dragon chess-set from his back pack and shows it to the Dragon: Why not instead play a competitive game of Dragon Chess instead of trying to eat our resident half-orc?

Dhavaer
2015-09-15, 05:09 PM
Andrea moves away from the door. Kerrigan prepares the throw the goblin in. Calcryx, not hearing his name, takes no notice of the dragonchess set. Katernin's sword deflects off Calcryx's scales. Calcryx inhales and breathes a cloud of murderous ice over Meepo, catching the freshly hurling in goblin as well.

Calcryx has taken 19 damage.
Katernin has taken 15 damage.
Gunthar has taken 11 damage.
Kerrigan has taken 3 damage.
Meepo and the goblin are dead.