PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need Help Building a Mage Hunter Rogue NPC... Pathfinder

anoblewolf
2015-05-10, 01:38 AM
Thank you all in advance for your help

I am trying to create a Human Rogue NPC that specializes in taking down magic users.

The idea for this NPC is that she is part of a Group call "The Brotherhood" and that her chapter within The Brotherhood are called "Enforcers".

The Brotherhood is an order of wizards and alchemist that look to collect and study the most powerful forms of magic and alchemy in the world and to keep it from the rest of the world believing that it will lead to the worlds destruction and those people outside of the order are not worthy of having such power.

Within The Brotherhood there is a chapter called The Enforcers. These Enforcers are in charge of monitoring these wizards and alchemist, keeping tabs on their research and when the need arises to track down and deal with those who go rogue or those whose research is deemed too dangerous.

These Enforcers have been given the spells Antimagic Field and Detect Magic as a spell like abilities that they may activate at will. Thou they themselves do not have that natural ability to magic they are adept at using and understanding magical devices and alchemical items. It is believed that because of their lack of connection to magic that they are less likely to succumb to the intoxicating power of magic.

I am looking for help in designing this NPC from the character build to equipment. This NPC will be level 10 and will be a recurring character throughout my campaign at times teaming up with my group.

Thank you again for your time and advice.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-10, 02:11 AM
Is there any specific reason why he needs to be a Rogue? The best way to beat a spellcaster is with another spellcaster.

These Enforcers have been given the spells Antimagic Field and Detect Magic as a spell like abilities that they may activate at will.

Are you looking for a way to get these abilities through already-existing abilities, or are you just granting them via DM handwave? If it's the latter, you already have the perfect antimage in any character with this ability and a better combat chassis than the wizard or sorcerer. They just need to keep AMF up constantly.

anoblewolf
2015-05-10, 02:19 AM
Is there any specific reason why he needs to be a Rogue? The best way to beat a spellcaster is with another spellcaster.

Are you looking for a way to get these abilities through already-existing abilities, or are you just granting them via DM handwave? If it's the latter, you already have the perfect antimage in any character with this ability and a better combat chassis than the wizard or sorcerer. They just need to keep AMF up constantly.

Thank you for your timely response Extra Anchovies,

I have chosen the rogue do to their being great spies and assassins. The players will encounter her as she is tracking a rogue wizard/alchemist from the brotherhood who is going to be the main bad guy of the campaign.

Thank you again for your help

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-05-10, 07:07 AM
If you're looking to stat up Christine, a Slayer might work better. I'm sure there is a feat somewhere that makes gives you a bonus to attack/damage a person after you have seen them cast a spell, i think it's in ISWG.