PDA

View Full Version : Usefulness?

LairdMaon
2015-05-10, 02:12 PM
Had an amusing idea and I decided I'd like to get thoughts and opinions on it.

Battlefist, riverine, sizing, morphing
Wand sheath: Wand of Wieldskill
Feat: Monkeygrip

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-10, 02:21 PM
It would be nice if you could describe the interactions between these rather than just stating their names. Not all of us have everything memorized yet :smalltongue:

LairdMaon
2015-05-10, 02:39 PM
Good point. Heh ��

Battlefist = warforged attacked component, can be enchanted as a weapon

Riverine = special material, water enclosed in force, indestructible shy of a disintegration spell

Morphing = change weapon to any weapon of like size, limit is type (one handed, light, two handed)

Sizing = removes size (one handed, light, two handed) limit

Wand sheath = stores wand

Wand of Wieldskill = grants proficiency with weapon, allows for exotic weapons

Monkeygrip = opens up two handed weapons to be used with only -2 penalty

A_S
2015-05-10, 02:42 PM
It's a magical indestructible unobtainium fist that turns into whatever weapon you want, whatever size you want, and lets you always be proficient with it. Monkey Grip lets you wield it at a -2 penalty if you make it too big for your actual size.

As for usefulness, that's an awful lot of investment for basically "I can avoid type-specific DR and get a die size increase or two." Monkey Grip in particular is pretty much never worth it. But, it is pretty cool.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-10, 02:45 PM
Monkeygrip = opens up two handed weapons to be used with only -2 penalty

Common misunderstanding. Monkey Grip lets you wield weapons one size larger than normal at a -2 penalty. It doesn't change the type of weapon it is. A human with Monkey Grip can't one-hand a Medium greatsword at -2, but they can two-hand a Large greatsword at -2, or one-hand a Large longsword at -2. It's not really a good feat, because you can get more damage out of a -2 penalty with Power Attack.

Twurps
2015-05-10, 02:48 PM
If this is your attempt to kill a wizard, faster than a sorcerer can, you failed :smalltongue:

If you're trying to climb the cool ladder, you're pretty high up there.

LairdMaon
2015-05-10, 02:54 PM
That's much what I was thinking really. My dm, inexperienced, has given us way too many options for character creation. The other PC, also inexperienced, went with a decently optimized sorcerer. I have more experience than them both together.
So I'm trying to do something that'll test him without breaking the game.

I figure having a different weapon on hand for any given situation could be entertaining.