PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Runelords PF AP

ModelV
2015-05-10, 03:06 PM
The town of Townsville! Wait, no that's not right wheres my script? Let's see Powerpuff girls-no, Game of Thr-no, Jade Re-no, Rise of the Rune-Ah ha! Here it is. As I was saying...The town of Sandpoint! A respectably sized small down on the coast of Varisia. It is here that our little adventure begins at the Autumn Equinox. Today is the day of the Swallowtail festival. A grand ceremony filled with games, food, drink, games, and exotic pass times. Did I mention games? The climax of this festival will consist of the consecration of Sandpoint's newly built Cathedral. Five years ago, the old church burned to the ground in the Sandpoint Fire and while the temporary church has done its best it just hasn't been the same. This all changes today!

Our (Anti-)Heros are currently all enjoying the beginnings of the Swallowtail festival. While they may not know each other they shall soon all join together in a quest to save all of Varisia! Many of the stands are still being set up, but a large crowd of people are already forming on Church Street and Cliff Street on the northern side of Sandpoint.

EDIT: OOC Thread here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?414550-%28OOC%29-Rise-of-the-Runelords-PF-AP&p=19234339#post19234339)

Metroid33
2015-05-10, 03:27 PM
Alphonse stands off to one side away from the crowd his scarf loosely worn around his lower face, clad in leather armor and a long cloak draped over his shoulders. His trusty sabre resting in it's sheath. As he stood there Alphonse began to think about what brought him to the town.

You never know where they might be even a place like this has a chance, why rule out one location just cause it seems small. The red mantis could be any where. He slowly looks over the crowd slowly studying them and trying to find a good person to talk to.

Um do we have an OOC thread and you haven't given us the thread?

ProudGrognard
2015-05-11, 12:38 AM
Magurathi

Magurathi is enjoying the festival immensely. An oddity among the Varisians, his yellow turban stands up from the crowd. People seem to make way for him, looking strangely as he walks, but this has probably more to do with Chui, a fully grown leopard walking behind him. More than once, a guard stayed with him as he walked, but Chui ignored him as the majestic, well-behaved feline she is.

Maguratho goes from stall to stall. He eats most of what he can afford and looks for books and scrolls on Thassilonian history. His laugh echoes many times as he walks again and again the stalls.

How nice! This is how a Spirit Walker should be on his Path! Learning of men and beasts!

Lord Dusk
2015-05-11, 11:59 AM
Knut follows a winding path, keeping to the edge of the festivities. Never one to enjoy a crowd, he gray-clothed young man still takes simple -if strained- pleasure in the wide variety of food and spectacle that the Swallowtail Festival provides.

Things would certainly be easier if he had been given actual instructions on what he was supposed to do here. His superiors had merely told him that his presence would be required in Sandpoint proper, then dumped him on the road feeling more that a little disarrayed. The people of Sandpoint, likewise, seem to have little need for an undertaker-priest and are almost wary of his presence. Indeed, the proprietor of the Rusty Dragon Inn had confided that a slew of murders five years ago still hang at the edge of memory, and advised Knut to avoid advertising his holy symbol. A visit to the Desnan cathedral yielded the same advice, albeit in much more apologetic terms.

So now Knut simply wanders the town in comfortable traveling garb, consuming vast quantities of festival food and considering how long he should remain before reporting back to Windsong Abby. Perhaps for a week or two; the cathedral seemed understaffed, and would likely need some help in the wake of the festival.

Caught up in his thoughts, Knut barely manages to avoid stepping on the tail of the leopard seated before the latest food stall. He jumps back in surprise, staff instinctively jumping up into a defensive position.

GAH! Good kitty, please don't eat me!

ProudGrognard
2015-05-11, 01:19 PM
Magurathi

Magurathi was at the process of giving up his last spare coin for two cinnamon dough cupcakes -Chui was already devouring her part- when a cry is heard behind him. Turning reflexively, he quickly takes stock of the situation and manages to swallow before letting out a long, loud laugh, accompanied by a large sweeping gesture.

"Do not be alarmed, Rafiki. This is Chui, a queen among felines and a lady of good manners. She does not eat strangers without good reason. Please, share this delightful pastry with me. "

Magurathi then catches the glint of religious trappings, Lowering his voice, he says in the same friendly tones.

"Ah, a holy man, I see. Well, well. We are fellow travelers, perhaps?"

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-11, 01:36 PM
Borg

Borg carefully works his way through the crowds of people celebrating, trying to get to the inn before they get to tightly packed. "I cant wait for this stupid festival to end", not being a fan of large groups as it is the ceremony looks to have made everyone in town crawl out of their holes to eat, dance, and from what he can hear from adjacent alleys a little bit of "private" time. The large half orc shakes his head in disgust, At least back in Belkazan they shuffled into the tents before they started rutting". Adjusting his wide brimmed hat and checking that his extracts and potions were safely tucked into his jacket. He begins again his slow walk back to his rented room but almost runs into a man in a bright turban talking to a youth in drab traveling clothes."Pardon me..." he cuts off his half hearted excuse after spying the large cat trailing the behind the man.

Lord Dusk
2015-05-11, 08:04 PM
Knut studies the cat warily for a moment, then shrugs and leans easily on his staff. The outlander seems friendly enough, and an attack in the middle of the crowd would hardly be prudent even if he was a threat.

Indeed, although I've received advice to not advertise the fact within Sandpoint. The young man grimaces, stepping away from the stall so that they do not hinder the flow of commerce.

The arrival of a large half-orc draws a quick genial grin, a spark of camaraderie igniting as the big man jumps.
Heh, easy my friend. Supposedly, the kitten is tame.

He bows slightly to the two, tapping his knuckles to the spiral-marked stone amulet hanging beneath his shirt.

I am Knut, follower of Pharasma. My order seemed to think it necessary for me to attend the festivities, though local attitude would suggest otherwise. A wry smile breaks across his face. I don't suppose either of you are in need of clerical assistance or mortuary services?

Metroid33
2015-05-11, 08:56 PM
While studying the crowd Alphonse notices a group of strange, seemingly out of place individuals, Hmm maybe they're outsiders like myself, it would be nice to at least find an ally here, just in case. Alphonse thinks over before deciding to move over to the group and the large cat. Alphonse closes in as one of them finishes there last sentence and picks that opportunity to join them

Pulling down his scarf to reveal his face a little better Alphonse says "Well, in a way I'm looking for clerical help, just not of that god, sorry. The name's Alphonse, I'm new in town" Alphonse says this last part while reaching his hand out first to the cleric and then going round from there "I just arrived from Magnimar this morning and haven't really had a chance to talk with anyone yet".

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-11, 09:01 PM
Borg

Borg seems to ease up after the priest speaks up for the cat, feeling embarrassed he changes subject quickly. "Ill take your word for it cleric. As to your services I cant say I've any need for them at the moment although my current occupation would keep one of your church rather busy" emphasizing his point with a loving pat to the great ax strapped to the back of his coat and a toothy grin.

Lord Dusk
2015-05-12, 04:24 PM
Knutt takes half a step back at Borg's comment, ingrained habits casting the words under a heretical shadow. Similar statements have spewed from the lips of serial murderers, graverobbers and necromancers when his order encountered them. Still, a moment of rational thought banishes the assumption from his mind, and the cleric's demeanor relaxes once more.

Knut bows again to the newest addition to the conversation, giving Alphonse's hand a firm shake. A pleasure. The Cathedral over yonder houses the clergy of Abadar, Desna, Erastil, Gozreh, Sarenrae, and Sheyln, if any of them are who you seek. I hope is not rude of me to ask what ails you?

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-12, 07:30 PM
Borg

Borg was surprised at the priests reaction he figured Pharasma didn't give two left nuts about who was sent to her realm or how many at that. Thinking back on it those Scarzni didn't look like too kind of folks when they stealing from his portly merchant client a few weeks back and he figured he saved future travelers any trouble now that they were swimming in the bay around Sandpoint feeding the local wildlife in what he thinks at least is a easy way to pay for their past crimes.

Turning from the cleric he sizes up the man introducing himself, half-elf by the tips of his ears he notices the serrated blade on his side and gets the impression he knows how to use it to good effect. Best to look out for this one in an alley..."Evenin stranger I'm Borg." taking his outstretched hand in a firm grip to gauge him up putting a bit of pressure in his greeting.

Metroid33
2015-05-12, 07:41 PM
"Pleasure Borg" Alphonse's says giving him a once over with his eyes then returning to what the cleric said. "Nothing ails me, I'm just trying to make contact with a certain group that's a bit tricky to find, been wandering mostly just poking my head in for a clue or something." Alphonse then looks at each of the group to try and learn a bit about them, but as he reaches the strangest man he notices the leopard behind him. "Oh my god, isn't that a beautiful creature. May I?" he says moving a little closer and reaching out a hand to the feline.

ProudGrognard
2015-05-12, 11:24 PM
Magurathi

Magurathi has been following the conversation with shakes of the head and gestures, as he chews his cinnamon cupcake. But when Alphonse mentions Chui he stops and answers with gravitas

"Here is a man who knows royalty! Of course, Rafiki, please approach. This is Chui, a queen among Sagarvian felines. Your keen eye I think deserves a cup of coffee."

Turning around, he orders one for himself and one for Alphone -and anyone else who may want one- even as Chui stretches under Alphonse's hand in all the world like a big cat.

Metroid33
2015-05-13, 11:26 AM
Alphonse takes the cat's willingness in stride and scratches behind Chui's ear and booping heads together lightly once the cat get's to know him. "She is a beauty, I have to ask where did you find her? This sin't a broken animal, there's a bond here and years of training. Based on size and your demeanor of clothing you aren't a knight with a noble mount. Hmmmm" Alphonse thinks for a few more moments searching his knowledge "Ah I know, you must be a druid. I myself am a ranger, first from ustalav, but as you can see I've moved a lot since then"

ProudGrognard
2015-05-13, 01:10 PM
Magurathi

Magurathi lets out another big laugh and bows to Alphonse

"Druids is what my brethen here call themselves. I follow the spirits of Gozreh instead, I talk with them and summon their help. But druid will have to do.

So, you are traveled indeed! This is my first time in Varisia or away from Sargasa. I am on my Soul Journey. And so far, it has been worth seeing the Thassilonian monuments I have only read about. And the food here is excellent, for the most part"

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-13, 06:09 PM
Borg

Borg turns his attention to the man in turbans, best make peace with the fellow walking with a 300 pound killing machine. "Shes a fine beast you have, a druid you say eh? My old tribe had a couple druids in it, although the old Mother Of Beasts was their patron sort of emphasize the more predatory nature of your order they liked walking around in animal shape sometime they would take the runts and the crippled in the tribe and dragged them off for whatever druids do in their spare time." Although what he said would horrifying to others, Borg's face has a more neutral expression as if his tale coincided with a man reminiscing of seeing a cat catching a rat in the streets.

Borg suddenly remembers he was trying to get back to his room at the inn although he didn't mind a little conversation he was tired of gathering herbs on the outskirts of town and wanted to eat whatever the tavern was giving out for supper and rest.

ProudGrognard
2015-05-14, 01:00 AM
Magurathi

Hearing the man's tale, Magurathi sobers up, his face serious and troubled.

"Yes, there are some among my ... brethen who hold such misguided views. I can assure you, animals love their children as much as we do and protect them even more fiercely. To do such things, is to confuse necessity with cruelty. The world around us just is. It cannot be cruel, because it does not judge. To try and imitate its behavior -its very rare behavior- is to try to walk like an avalanche or talk like a forest fire.

It is misguided. It is cruel, because we can and should judge. And it adds suffering to an already harsh world.

But enough. My petty funds are dwindling, but a cup of coffee with you. A tale demands a cup at its end. Right Chui?"

Chui, involved at trying to catch a butterfly with its fangs barely looks at Magurathi. She is clearly bored when he starts using large words.

ModelV
2015-05-15, 02:14 PM
As our villains converse...or was it heros? Anyway, the flow of commerce along the preparing festival comes to a stop, forming into a dense crowd outside of the Cathedral. A woman stands up to address the crowd and clears her throat before speaking. "Welcome everyone to our grand festival both long standing citizens and new visitors. If you don't know me I am Mayor Deverin. I'm so glad to see so many people come out to join in this festival. Why even Larz Rovanky that old workaholic managed to pry himself from his tannery to join in the festivities. I hope all of you both from Sandpoint and other lands can come together and join him as we celebrate the new season and our new church."

As the Mayor leaves the stage a tall man comes to replace her. "Hello. I'm Sheriff Hemlock as most of you know. Please be watchful of piety crime increases caused by the dense crowds and report any missing items to the nearest guard. Also please stay at least 5 feet from the bonfire at all times. I would like to have a moment of silence for the people who lost their lives in the fire that claimed our old church five years ago."

A rather well dressed man steps up next. "Hello hello! I am Cyrdak Drokkus! Welcome to our festival. It took quite a bit to finance such a grand cathedral here in sandpoint all starting with-" The man somehow turns into the most boring thing you've ever listened to, his ranting becomes impossible to focus on until the end of his speech which turns to blatant self promotion. "And please remember to stop by the Sandpoint Theater tomorrow night for our showing of the 'The Harpy’s Curse,' the lead role of Avisera the harpy queen will be played by none other than the famous Magnimarian diva Allishanda!"

Next up is a rather holy looking man in priest robes. "Hello children of the world. I am Father Zantus. I welcome you all to this festival and our new church. I hereby declare for the Swallowtail festival to begin!" And just like that the festival truly came alive, the streets filled with fire dancers, live plays, puppet shows, fortune tellers, and games of all skills. Weight lifting, knife throwing, chess, eating contests. You name it and people are competing against each other for bragging rights.

Metroid33
2015-05-16, 07:20 AM
"Are any of you going to compete in anything?" Alphonse says looking over he crowd.

ProudGrognard
2015-05-16, 08:11 AM
Magurathi

"No competitions for me, Rafiki. But I will certainly move around and see. I did not know people had eating competitions!"

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-17, 01:07 AM
Borg

Borg hearing of eating contest got his rapt attention after he started going numb in the brain from listening to that fellow in the fancy clothes talk about plays and theater crap, the prospect of eating a lot, not having to pay and not having to go all the way back to the inn was a triple bonus! "Eating contests that translates to free food in my ears count me in!".

Lord Dusk
2015-05-17, 06:24 AM
Care to make it a competition, Borg? Grins Knut, patting the Half-Orc's shoulder. Loser pays the winner's room and board for the duration of the festival?

ModelV
2015-05-17, 12:26 PM
A rather obese and lightly tattooed Varisian man welcomes Knut and Borg over to a long table surrounded by many chairs. "Please please! Come, join and have a seat! Courtesy of the Fat Man's Feedbag! We are happy to have you in this years competition!" The man quickly, and somewhat forcibly, sits the two of them down before wandering off to take care of the other competitors. It doesn't take long for the food to show up, large bowls of what seems to be egg and corn mixed together into some sort of corn salad. It's only very lightly seasoned with salt but there sure is a lot of it. A dinner bell is rung and the contestants begin digging into the food.

(Everyone who is participating should roll a fortitude save to see how well they did.)

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-18, 01:58 AM
Borg

At the sound of the bell Borg begis tearing into the food with gusto!

[roll0]

Lord Dusk
2015-05-18, 06:24 AM
[roll0]

The mounds of food stacked before them tower higher than Knut expected, drawing a despairing intake of breath from the human.

Lady, what did I get myself into? "Not this year, not yet".

He then proceeds to grab fistfuls of food, swallowing massive bites whole.

Metroid33
2015-05-18, 06:59 AM
"My goodness, that is a LOT of food. Would destroy my physique if I dared to try this."

ModelV
2015-05-20, 06:28 AM
After the the spoons settled and the non-obese lay strewn across the table, there was only one man left standing and with their guts not on filling a bucket. And that man was Knut! As a reward he got a barrel of The Fatman's Feedbag's signature egg salad and bragging rights over the entire town!

A little while later as Knut feels his gut's churn very slowly at the sight of the barrel of egg salad, the group sees a very large covered wagon being pulled through the festival with Father Zantus at its side. When the cart stopped a crowd quickly formed around it. Zantus pulled out a small book from his pocket and began reciting a parable about Desna. About how when she fell to earth and was nursed by a young blind girl. As a reward she turned her into an immortal butterfly with wings like the night sky. As he finished his speech, he opened up the wagon and a swarm of swallowtail butterflies poured out, filling the sky.

Metroid33
2015-05-20, 07:27 AM
Looking over at the father and his wagon, Alphonse commented light heartily, "Butterflies were never my favorite bug, I've always preferred praying mantises, such regal creatures, and great hunters too. "

Lord Dusk
2015-05-20, 07:35 AM
An interesting choice, for certain. Knut agreed queasily. Though I must say, the ones that blend in with flowers are most unsettling. I've always been partial to beetles myself.

Knut hiccups slightly, the barrel in his arms slipping precariously. Merciful Nethys, does anyone want this stuff? There's no way I'll be up to eating it before it goes bad...

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-20, 12:15 PM
Borg

Borg felt a bit pissed he lost guess there is such a thing as TOO much food but seeing the greenish complexion and general nausea on the clerics face cheered him up a bit.

"Ill take it off your hand mate, nothing like nice warm, gooey, peppery egg salad eat to boost you spirits" he describes it the best he can to make Knuts stomach even more volatile with a mean grin on his face.

Seeing the the butterfly's going up into the night seemed to break Borg from his petty revenge."You think he'll let me have a couple of those I could use a few of their wings for some potions later on"

Lord Dusk
2015-05-20, 01:03 PM
Here, enjoy. Knut says with a weak grin, largely oblivious to the Half-Orc's intent. You certainly earned it. I wouldn't recommend trying to use those butterflies for anything though. Some Desna followers get a bit... tetchy about that.

ProudGrognard
2015-05-21, 12:54 AM
Magurathi

During the festivities, Magurathi has kept wandering around. The release of the butterflies elicited a grand laugh from him and the sight of two of his new acquaintances competing on what was a food contest made him stay glued to the spot.

I wonder, do they also have water drinking contests?

ModelV
2015-05-21, 11:34 AM
"Only during the summer solstice festival," says the large man to Magurathi. "Stick around though, this isn't the only thing the Fat Man's Feedbag is taking part in in this festival. In case you didn't know starting at noon the four major taverns will be giving away free meals for everyone in the festival!" The hefty man gave a chuckle. "Speaking of which, I forgot that the swallowtail release is the mark for noon! I better get back to work on that."

The man walks away to start serving meals for the Festival lunch. Besides more corn and egg salad from the Feedbag, there is the White Deer's peppercorn venison, the Hagfish's lobster chowder, and the Rusty Dragon's curry spiced salmon on the menu.

ModelV
2015-05-23, 05:50 PM
Later that evening after many more festivities...A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human . The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

(Everyone roll perception)

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-23, 07:41 PM
Borg

The crack of thunder startles Borg for a second before seeing it was just the old priest getting everyone's attention, probably going to recite some religious crap before hearing the screams cut thru the air and watching as the dying animal falls in a pool of its own blood. Then a new noise fills the air a combination of distributing laughter and a odd song that sets the hairs on the back of his neck standing.

[roll0]

Lord Dusk
2015-05-23, 10:45 PM
Thunder loses its terror early in life. Unexpected screaming and disturbing songs never do. Knut grips the shaft of his quarterstaff so tightly that his knuckles crack, eyes jumping to every source of movement.
1d20+4

ProudGrognard
2015-05-23, 11:30 PM
Magurathi

Magurathi is ready to start clapping when the priest does his theatrics, still enjoying himself immensely. But then, a new sound appears and for a moment, it does not register. When it does, Magurathi 's face becomes serious.

Something seems wrong.

Rolled in the OOC thread Per 17 and 8 for Chui.

ModelV
2015-05-24, 08:08 AM
This is what Borg and Magurathi see.

The small creature that skittered across the crowd is a goblin. The small sadistic creature is currently hiding near the end of the wagon licking the blood from it's blade and eyeing up a new target in the crowd. Two more goblins make their way out of a nearby alley to join him.

ProudGrognard
2015-05-24, 09:08 AM
Magurathi and Chui
HP9 AC15 and HP11 AC17 DR5

Magurathi's sharp eyes see the goblins and he is up and yelling before he thinks better.

"Goblins! There are goblins here and there are armed! Take cover !"

He strokes Chui drawing her attention and Chui immediately becomes alert and growling. The piece loving kitty is no more. Magurathi starts to chant, rhythmically pounding the earth with his feet. Small amounts of dirt seem to coalesce around Chui as she waits, giving her a gem-like iridescence . Then Magurathi says.

"Chui, sambulia!"

So, activating the Spirit Gift for DR5 at Chui and casting Magic Fang. Next turn, Chui will attack.

Metroid33
2015-05-24, 10:30 AM
When the the sound echos through the air Alphonse stands on guard, Noticing nothing out of the ordinary he continues but as the scream sounds he pulls out his sabre and readies it, blade held down from his hand.

Perception [roll0]
Initiative [roll1]

ModelV
2015-05-24, 02:30 PM
Initaitives:
Goblin 1: 24
Magurath and chui: 22
Alphone: 19
Borg: 18
Knut: 17
Goblin 2: 13
Goblin 3: 11

(Magurath, and Borg can act in the surprise round, though technically Mag already used his turn.)

The first goblin clammers onto a nearby food stand and spends the rest of his turn stuffing his pockets with salmon as he sings along with the goblin tune in the background.

"Goblins chew and goblins bite.
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!
Goblins race and goblins jump.
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!
Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be goblins! You be food!"

(Borg's turn)

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-25, 01:51 AM
Borg

Borg slides the great ax from the holster off his pack and rushes for the nearest gobbo to shear its head from its scrawny shoulders.
"Taste cheap iron you ankle biting ****s!"

Attack Roll [roll0]

If it Hits [roll1]

ModelV
2015-05-25, 06:02 AM
So what you just did there was a move action and a standard action. Technically, you can't draw your weapon that easily until level 2 but I find that rule rather pointless. Another thing you could have done was designate a Charge attack which basically does the same thing expect you get +2 to the attack roll but -2 to your AC. Also requires a straight line to your opponent but anyway. Don't forget to get some flanks off for those sneak attacks!

Borg runs up to the Goblin on the stand and his blow nearly chops the green menace in half. It falls off the stand it was stealing from and slumps onto the ground bleeding to death. The two other goblins are shocked at their dead ally and stand 10 feet away from Borg to the north towards the alleyways.

(Alphonse)

Metroid33
2015-05-25, 10:03 AM
Seeing the other goblins Standing there in shock Alphonse takes his chance. He focuses on the one closest to him, Learning it's mettle and then charging at it. Slicing down upon the little dastard.

Alright swift action using ranger's focus from the guide effect to gain an extra plus 2 on to hit and damage. One handing the saber and charging the one I designated as my focus.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

ModelV
2015-05-25, 10:34 AM
Alphonse's strike lands on the target but is absorbed by its armor, leaving a long gnash in the leather vest but doing no damage. Alphones stands in front of the two goblins with Borg just behind him.

(I also slightly screwed up Initative after the surprise round, Magurath's turn then Knut's.)

ProudGrognard
2015-05-26, 05:11 AM
Magurathi and Chui
HP9 AC15 and HP11 AC15 until next turn DR5 Magic Fang

Watching the spirits envelop Chui, Magurathi smiles almost ferally and points Chui at the goblins.

"Chui, sambulia!"

With a snarl, Chui leaps at the closest goblin. Magurathi instead takes out his sling and gets ready to send a bullet at any stray goblin

Handle animal to guide Chui (miss only on 1) [roll0]
Chui charges and attacks closest goblin. With a MV of 50 she probably makes it [roll1] dmg [roll2]

ModelV
2015-05-26, 03:38 PM
Chui finds her target and claws at it but again is unable to get through the Goblin's leather armor. Chui and Alphonse stand side by side against a par of goblins with Borg right behind them.

(Borg's turn)

So, Right now borg could just walk to the goblin and whack it but there is another option, getting behind the goblins for flanking. If you roll acrobatics and success against their CMD, you can move through without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-26, 04:03 PM
Borg
HP 11 AC 15

Seeing Alphonse and Chui bearing don on the tough little mite gave Borg a perfect chance at taking it. Moving quickly he attempts to get on its side to cut it down.

Acrobatics
[roll0]
Melee Attack
[roll1]
If it hits
[roll2]
Sneak Attack
[roll3]

ModelV
2015-05-26, 05:52 PM
As Borg attempts to tumble through behind the goblin, the goblin manages to get past his not to graceful acrobatics and attempt an attack of opportunity.
[roll0]
[roll1]

After the goblin's attack, it becomes distracted by the multiple foes around it, giving Borg the opportunity to behead it with one strike. One Goblin remains, surrounded by Borg, Chui, and Alphonse.

(Knut's turn)

Lord Dusk
2015-05-26, 07:21 PM
Knut
HP 8 AC 10

Goblins. Filthy little pests. Knut's lip curls, and he strikes the ground with the butt of his staff.

"TO YOUR KNEES, IN THE NAME OF THE SPIRAL!" The words crack across the square like the snapping of bones, hammering into the diminutive, knife-brandishing maw-with-legs.

"Anyone got a chain?" the Cleric snaps quickly. "We can lock this one up and find their den."

Casting Command (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/command), using the Fall option.
DC 15 Will save

ModelV
2015-05-26, 08:21 PM
The last goblin standing is compelled by the the will of Knut and drops to the ground prone. Filled with both rage and terror over the death of it's follow goblins, the goblin strikes out at Borg to avenge its fallen comrades but before he can Borg, Alphonse, and Chui get an attack opportunity!

[roll0]
[roll1]

I had originally totally missed the attack of opportunity thing. Good to see the Cleric is actually the one that effectively made the most attacks in this little combat lol. The attack roll is there cause I already made it and to prove that at the very least Knut saved Borg from 4 damage.
(Magurathi's turn...after the attacks are resolved)

ProudGrognard
2015-05-27, 01:31 AM
Magurathi and Chui
HP9, AC15 and HP11, AC15 until next turn, DR5 Magic Fang

Chui, with a predator's instinct slashes the goblin as it tries to stand.

AoO in OOC. Something tells me the goblin will not survive the attacks.
To post in my regular turn, I have to know if there are any other goblins standing, or if any others join the fray.
Perception if needed [roll0]

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-27, 11:43 AM
Borg

Seeing the goblin lash out Borg makes a hasty slice.

[roll0]
Damage [roll1]
SA [roll2]

ModelV
2015-05-27, 04:10 PM
The last goblin falls to the ground from Chui's bite. Two goblins remain alive, currently bleeding out onto the ground. Goblin warsongs and the sounds of violence and cries for help still ring throughout the town. Goblins are trying to make as much of a menace of themselves as they can. Chucking rocks at windows, chasing house pets will ill intent, and harassing citizens with blades drawn.

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-27, 10:15 PM
Borg

Checking himself for any wounds and finding none Borg looks over the situation so far. "Well then this was a nice after meal workout".Having been thru goblin raids back in the hold Borg figured their couldn't be that many left but from the sounds of it their were a lot more goblins terrorizing the town he hopes they haven't hit the inn yet as that's where his alchemical lab is set up if those **** broke his things...

ProudGrognard
2015-05-27, 11:40 PM
Magurathi

Magurathi goes near the others and starts checking the goblins for clues and loot. He the ties up those bleeding, for later questioning. As he does, he speaks.

"Rafiki, we should stick together. There are others like them about town. Let's go find them, or else they will find us."

Checking the bodies and going around town to look for other goblins. How does it sound?

Metroid33
2015-05-28, 05:18 AM
"Just a thought here, but if your tying them up you should probably stabilized there's wounds. [otherwise your just getting your rope bloody. If you don't by the time we get back here they will certainly be dead. " Alphonse says looking over the little maggots.

Lord Dusk
2015-05-28, 06:09 AM
Good call. Knut grunted, pulling some strips of cloth from his healer's kit. Cover me while I work.

Heal roll to stabilize the Goblins. Expending two 'charges' of my Healer's kit.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Does anyone actually have any rope or chain though? Otherwise I'm just returning another enemy to the fray.

ModelV
2015-05-28, 07:12 AM
The group successfully manages to both tie up the goblins and stabilize them to keep them from dieing. As the group turns to find a new group of skirmishers to deal with, the are soon interrupted by a loud explosion coming from the sound with many citizens running away while lite on fire. A group of goblins found one of the fuel carts for the bonfire and rigged it to explode. The goblins take a moment to look over the burned bodies before spotting the party and moving in to attack.

(Roll Initiative)

ModelV
2015-05-30, 03:51 PM
Initiative Order:
24 Goblin War crier
22 Borg
21 Goblin
18 Alphonse
14 Magurathi and Chui
14 Goblin
8 Goblin
2 Knut

Four goblins are taking part in this attack. Three males carrying blades and torches with a single female armed with whips, blades, and a bow. The Goblin warcrier looses an arrow at Knut as she continues singing an eery goblin war chant.

[roll0]
[roll1] damage

(Borg's turn)

Rollin20sAtm
2015-05-30, 05:25 PM
Borg

Seeing the explosion Borg watches as another group of goblins come running toward him, however one stays in the back shooting arrows. "I don't like that music we need to take her out now!"
Borg charges toward the nearest goblin to thin their ranks.

Attack [roll0]
Hit [roll1]
Charge +2 to attack

ModelV
2015-06-03, 03:58 PM
Borg's charging assault drops the goblin in one hit, as it lays on the ground bleeding it's ally moves up to strike at borg.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Borg now stands in front of a group of 3 goblins with the warcrier standing in the back.

(Alphonse's turn)

Metroid33
2015-06-04, 07:26 AM
Alphonse will charge at the (presumably) bard. if there isn't a clear path than he will charge to the closest.
Attack[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

ModelV
2015-06-05, 11:49 AM
Alphonse's path to the Warcrier was blocked by the rest of the goblins. His charge and swift strike felled the goblin in one blow. It fell to the ground bleeding with it's ally. Only the warcrier and a single torch and blade wielding goblin remain.

(Magurathi's turn)

ProudGrognard
2015-06-05, 01:42 PM
Magurathi and Chui
HP9 and HP11 AC17 DR5

Seeing the tide turning, Magurathi directs Chui with a pointed finger.

Chui, sambulia!

Needing no encouragement, Chui speeds towards the last goblin, her fangs open.

Chui charge at the last goblin [roll0] dmg [roll1]

ModelV
2015-06-07, 08:03 PM
Chui charges at her target but misses completely, the goblin she attempted to strike retaliates against the large feline. The two remaining goblins stand against the group of Borg, Chui, and Alphonse in front of them.

[roll0]
[roll1]
(Knut's turn)

ModelV
2015-06-07, 08:06 PM
Critical threat, x2 damage and 1 cha damage if successful

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lord Dusk
2015-06-08, 03:48 PM
Knut
HP 6 AC 10

The arrow impacts Knut's side with a wet thunk, sending the cleric stumbling back a step. With a snarl he focuses his attention on the warchanter, a flicker of grey light coalescing around his hand. With a snap of his fingers, he attempts to ignite (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/spark) one of the filthy feathers woven into the goblin's matted hair.

CLEANSE IT WITH FIRE!
Using Spark, mostly trying to distract the warcrier enough to stop it chanting.

ModelV
2015-06-08, 05:58 PM
After Knut casts, the headdress of the Warcrier catches on fire and attempts to put it out and concentrate on her chanting.

[roll0]

The goblin fails her concentration and breaks her bardic performance. Panicked by the sudden shift of the battle she lashes out with her whip in an attempt to trip Borg but fails miserably.

(Borg's turn)

If that weren't so clever a use of a cantrip I wouldn't allow it :P Also it seems you can't add rolls in after youve posted so I rolled the trip thing myself

Rollin20sAtm
2015-06-08, 09:20 PM
Borg

Borg bends back as the whip cracks near him he lunges past the last goblin and makes a mighty swipe at the warchanters bulbous head.

Acrobatics [roll0]
Attack [roll1]
Hit [roll2]

ModelV
2015-06-11, 11:10 AM
As borg moved in, he provoked an attack of opportunity from both goblins. They attempt to strike as he moves in.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Borg's swing gets through though and he chops down the goblin warcrier.

(Alphonse's turn)

Metroid33
2015-06-11, 11:50 AM
Alphonse turns towards the regular goblin, 5-footing in close to it (or a move if I'm out of range) And slicing at the little guy two-handed.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]