PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next New Primal Path: Shout Master

fattybear
2015-05-10, 04:03 PM
I could use some feedback on balance for this class and the different shouts. Any new shouts you can think of to add to the list would be awesome too. Thanks!

Primal Path: Shout Master

Description
Those who follow the path of the shout master unleash their rage in powerful shouts that can sway the course of battle. The fury that dwells within you explodes in thunderous roars that frighten the stoutest enemy or rally your closest allies when the battle is at its roughest.

Fury's Call
Beginning at 3rd, level, when you rage, you are able to unleash furious shouts of tremendous power. You may learn two of the following shouts. You learn an additional shout at 6th, 10th, and 14th level. You gain one level of exhaustion after you finish a rage but you can recover from any rage-induced exhaustion with a short or long rest. The use of a shout allows you to continue your rage.

You may use your bonus action to unleash a shout. Shout save DC = 8 + Constitution modifier + proficiency.

Shockwave: Your shout unleashes a wave of force radiating from you. One creature within 5 feet of you must make a Dexterity saving throw or be pushed back 10 feet and knocked prone.
Thunder's Call: One creature within 10 feet of you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, you can roll a number of d6 dice equal to your proficiency to determine thunder damage. On a successful save, the creature takes only half damage.
Inspirational Shout: Your shout invigorates an ally around you. You grant temporary HP equal to your barbarian level + your Charisma modifier to an ally within a 30 foot radius of you. This temporary HP lasts until the beginning of your next turn.
Challenge: You scream at your enemies, challenging all nearby to battle. Any hostile creature 5 feet of you has disadvantage on attack rolls against targets other than you or another creature with this feature. An enemy is immune to this feature if it can't hear you or if they can't be frightened. This effect lasts until the beginning of your next turn.
Demoralizing Shout: You let out the most fearsome shout you can muster at a hostile creature within 30 feet of you. The creature must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the end of their next turn. Any creature who succeeds on the saving throw is immune for 24 hours.
Disorienting Shout: You scream at a creature disturbingly within 30 feet of you. The creature must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be unable to move from their space and unable to take any reactions until the end of their next turn.
Warcry: You shout to pump yourself up for any attacks coming your way. You have resistance to all damage until the beginning of your next turn.
Spellbreaker Roar: You let out a roar to steel yourself against a magical attack. You have advantage on one spell saving throw until the beginning of your next turn.

Piercing Voice
At 6th level, your voice cannot be suppressed - your voice can cut through even magically-induced silence.

Sound Resistant
At 10th level, you gain resistance to thunder damage as your body has become conditioned to sustain even the loudest concussive blasts of sound.

Dual Shouts
Starting at 14th level, you may choose to use your action and bonus action to cast shouts.

Rfkannen
2015-05-10, 06:01 PM
I realy like this one! fun and flavorful! Seems pretty well balanced in my opinion to! though one thing, why does the level 14 only work with those 2 shouts?

fattybear
2015-05-11, 02:18 AM
You made a good point. I revamped the archetype a bit after further thought.

SonsOfSauron
2015-05-11, 03:13 AM
This is a pretty interesting Primal Path, well done!

Dual Shout seems a little weird to me. What if instead it was something like:

Relentless Shout
By 14th level, you have learned to increase the potency of your shouts. Whenever you use your bonus action to make a shout, you can also use your action to give creatures affected by your shout disadvantage on any saving throws they make against that shout this turn.

fattybear
2015-05-11, 09:52 AM
Hmm that is a neat feature that I will definitely consider!

TheMightyPotato
2017-01-20, 11:01 AM
It's not clear whether the shouts take a bonus action or just an action to do. As it's not in the discription.
Really like this idea, some very nice flavor and seems cool to play.