PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help ! Wrath of the Righteous question : Dealing with Radiance

Dezea
2015-05-10, 05:35 PM
Hey guy !

We started Wrath with my group, it has been quite going quite smoothly - Exept for all those bug at the begining. So. Many. Bugs - and one of my player got Radiance.
He is obviously pretty excited about it, knowing that this weapons is one that is bound to evolve.

Now, as the DM, here is my trouble : I find the information at the end of the AP quite vague looking at the power of the weapon. The fact that english definitely isn't my mother tongue probably doesn't help, but here are some of my concern.

- Is there somewhere information that I could easily find - I got all six books, didn't read them all yet tho ! - a recap on the evolution of the sword ?
- I read that this is considered a legendary weapon, and thus can't be upgraded by the legendary weapon feat... Does that means it can't be upgrade to a minor artefact and then a major artefact, following those same legendary weapon rules ?
- What abilities does the power wield ? Do the player choose them himself ? Do they awaken during the play ?
- Same for the enhancement bonus ? I see that the sword gains one point at the end of part two... But i'm really missing an easy recap of the progression...

Thanks a lot for your help, I'm pretty sure some of you encoutered the same problem I did, and I would really appreciate your lights on the topics.

Again, I apologize for the english.
Thanks !

Dezea
2015-05-13, 04:53 PM
Well, I'm afraid this is a shameless bump !

Starbuck_II
2015-05-13, 05:09 PM
Hey guy !

We started Wrath with my group, it has been quite going quite smoothly - Exept for all those bug at the begining. So. Many. Bugs - and one of my player got Radiance.
He is obviously pretty excited about it, knowing that this weapons is one that is bound to evolve.

Now, as the DM, here is my trouble : I find the information at the end of the AP quite vague looking at the power of the weapon. The fact that english definitely isn't my mother tongue probably doesn't help, but here are some of my concern.

- Is there somewhere information that I could easily find - I got all six books, didn't read them all yet tho ! - a recap on the evolution of the sword ?
- I read that this is considered a legendary weapon, and thus can't be upgraded by the legendary weapon feat... Does that means it can't be upgrade to a minor artefact and then a major artefact, following those same legendary weapon rules ?
- What abilities does the power wield ? Do the player choose them himself ? Do they awaken during the play ?
- Same for the enhancement bonus ? I see that the sword gains one point at the end of part two... But i'm really missing an easy recap of the progression...

Thanks a lot for your help, I'm pretty sure some of you encoutered the same problem I did, and I would really appreciate your lights on the topics.

Again, I apologize for the english.
Thanks !

Here is one designer says: "Radiance is intentionally meant to be a "free upgrade weapon along a specific path." It's not meant to be one a player upgrades on their own with cash; a player seeking that route needs to use any of the other numerous weapons in the game.

OR go the legendary item route with mythic tiers, which does indeed bolster the weapon beyond what it can already do and will eventually turn it into a major artifact.

And yes, it is quite powerful. As are lots of mythic options. Don't worry! The bad guys get powerful toys too! :-D
"
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qb6h?Radiance-sword

And the sword details: http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicArtifactsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Radiance

Occasional Sage
2015-05-14, 12:34 AM
*snip*
The fact that english definitely isn't my mother tongue probably doesn't help, but here are some of my concern.
*snip*

Welcome to the Playground, Dezea, and please don't apologize for your language skills: your fluency is superior to many native speakers! If you encounter language difficulties, however, may I ask what your primary language is? There are many Playgrounders (not me, unless we count dead languages) who are multilingual and can help with colloquialisms and specific usages which online translators may miss.

Other than that, I can't help with your topic; I'm only aware of the outlines of the Mythic rules, with no focus or detail.