PDA

View Full Version : Karsen's Bakery

Pages : [1] 2

Exachix
2007-04-19, 12:00 PM
In town, there is a shop. The shop looks like a quaint little shop, with a window displaying goods and a simple door, the door is painted an electric blue. The door has a window with a simple sign in it 'Open' or 'Closed'. The main Window displays such items that the shop sells, which are loaves of bread, coissants, and cakes, plus a veriaty of other bakery products. By the side there is also a small notice saying: 'Will buy and sell; new or used; General products'. You can only surmise this means Stuff like bedrolls, lanterns, and other basic adventuring items. Above all of this there are two windows. Above the door is a sign that says 'Karsen's Bakery'.

If you enter the Bakery the first thing you can sense about the place is the smell of fresh bread being cooked. There is a long table the whole width of the room long, with a lift-up section at one end. It says 'private only' on it. Behind the counter there are shelves with bread and other bakery products. At the end there are the items that are 'general products'. The Walls are painted plain, and there are pictures of dragons and magical creatures. A sign hangs that says:
"Please don't fight, or you won't get served."

There is a corridor going off to a kitchen at one end of the room, at the end with the Lift-up part of table. This leads to a Kitchen. Along this corridor are two Staircases, one up, without a door, and one down. The Down one has a plain and unremarkable door on it.

Upstairs is Karsen's 'home'. There is a locked door, his bedroom, and a living room, in it being a table and two sofas.

Downstairs is... well... we'll have to wait and see.

NPCs:
Zakath - Human, he works in the kitchen along with Jacen.
Jacen - Elf, he works in the kitchen with Zakath.
Liselle - Half-Elf. She's a happy little lady, and will help out by selling you what you need.

We sell all manner of Bakery Products:
Bread (Loaf (Sliced/not) and Rolls)
Croissants
Sausage rolls.
Gingerbread men/women/animals.
Cakes (big cakes by order).
Muffins. (Many Varieties.)
Plus whatever you think of (Large and unusual items by order)

Please note!
The Entire Building, and everything downstairs, is Dimension Locked.
This means no teleports =).
Also: There are anti-Scrying defenses to stop scryers.

Deadly
2007-04-19, 12:04 PM
Deadly and Muffin appears in a swirl of muffins. Deadly looks around and grins "Oooh! Baked stuff!"

Exachix
2007-04-19, 12:08 PM
Liselle stands behind the counter and smiles to Deadly and Muffin.

"Greetings!"

Deadly
2007-04-19, 12:11 PM
Deadly looks up and smiles "Do you have any muffins?"

Muffin remains in the background, looking around silently.

Exachix
2007-04-19, 12:12 PM
Liselle smiles.

"We do indeed. Many Varieties in fact. Do you have a preference?"

Deadly
2007-04-19, 01:14 PM
Deadly scowls at the forum, then turns back and smiles at Liselle "Do you have blueberry muffins? I love blueberries."

Exachix
2007-04-19, 02:51 PM
Liselle smiles.

"Yes.. how many?"

Deadly
2007-04-19, 02:55 PM
Deadly thinks "Uh... fi... no, te... oh what, let me just have all the ones you have." he grins.

Exachix
2007-04-19, 03:35 PM
Liselle smiles and goes back, before returning with a box of them. She puts them on the counter.

"Anything else?"

Deadly
2007-04-19, 03:41 PM
Deadly takes one of the muffins from the box and takes a bite. He smiles "Mmm... that's a great muffin! My blessings to you and your shop, I'll definatly return here." He smiles and bows before disappearing along with Muffin, the blessing of the God of Baked Goods filling the shop.

Exachix
2007-04-19, 03:42 PM
Liselle smiles, feeling the blessing would be enough. She smiles and gets on with general cleaning.

Deadly
2007-04-19, 03:43 PM
Muffin appears and places a generous amount of gold on the counter, to pay for the muffins. "Sorry. He can be a bit forgetful sometimes." He says briefly, then disappears again.

Exachix
2007-04-19, 03:44 PM
Liselle takes the money and puts it in a box, before continuing with her work.

Nevrmore
2007-04-19, 03:48 PM
"A bakery??"

Plot fizzles into existence. "I guess this means you are't using all that compiled information for horrible deeds, then."

Exachix
2007-04-19, 03:48 PM
Liselle looks at Plot.

"What do you mean sir?"

----

A long time later Karsen enters and goes to bed.

Exachix
2007-04-22, 12:33 PM
As Karsen leaves for the morning... Liselle confronts him.

"Karsen! A question."
"Go on."
"I wanted to ask you, can we have a small shrine here for the God of Baked Goods?"
"Go ahead." and he leaves.
Liselle almost bounds in joy as she forms the small shrine that will eventually live on a high shelf, looking over the shop.

---

Later Karsen returns home, heads downstairs breifly, before returning up and going to his bedroom.

Deadly
2007-04-23, 03:00 PM
Deadly and Muffin appears again. Deadly looks at the shrine and smiles widely "Oooh, that's nice."

Exachix
2007-04-23, 03:02 PM
Liselle smiles.

"Thank you."

Deadly
2007-04-23, 03:05 PM
Deadly grins "Well, seeing as I've created quite a lot of muffins lately, perhaps I should buy some now that I'm here."

Exachix
2007-04-23, 03:06 PM
Liselle smiles.

"Any particular variety?"

Deadly
2007-04-23, 03:08 PM
"Uhm, I've had a lot of chocolate and blueberry muffins lately... I think it's time for plain vanilla." he smiles

Exachix
2007-04-23, 03:11 PM
Liselle smiles and goes back, before coming back with a box of plain muffins.

Deadly
2007-04-23, 03:16 PM
Deadly smiles and pays her before taking the box "Thank you. My blessings to you and the shop as usual" he says and bows before disappearing along with Muffin

Exachix
2007-04-23, 03:19 PM
Liselle smiles and returns to sorting.

Exachix
2007-04-24, 04:03 PM
Karsen enters and smiles to Liselle, waiting for Aimi.

Fenric
2007-04-24, 04:05 PM
Aimi walks in, then grins

A bakery! Perfect!

She notices the shrine to Deadly

Why is there a statue of that raccoon here?

Exachix
2007-04-24, 04:07 PM
Karsen looks at it and hmms.

Liselle perks up.

"I thought it appropriate. That way we make more profit."

Karsen shrugs and goes behind the counter, motioning to Aimi and going to the corridor, then to the door.

Fenric
2007-04-24, 04:11 PM
Aimi follows Karsen to the door

Do you supply Trog's?

Exachix
2007-04-24, 04:15 PM
Karsen shakes his head, and smirks.

"Not yet."

He unlocks the door, behind is a staircase going down....

"Down here is were all the information is collected. Liselle, or either of the two cooks always has a key for this, so just ask them if you need to go down. Upstairs is my home." He motions to the stairs. "If you want to, have a poke around, you'll get a discount on bakery products." He grins. "In the meantime, I should go to bed." He smiles and turns to go up the stairs.

((possibly last post...))

Fenric
2007-04-24, 04:23 PM
Aimi heads downstairs and is engulphed by a waiting Dead-Time Pudding.

(( goodnight again, Exy :smallbiggrin: ))

Murky_Pool
2007-04-24, 06:12 PM
A man walks in off the street, doing a double take at the colour of the door.

He approaches Liselle, but is distracted by the shrine

"There's a statue of a racoon there" he says, frowning at it

Liselle smiles at the new customer, spotting a country boy from a mile off "That's our shrine to the God of Baked Goods"

The man blinks, twice
"Right, well, um" he says, then takes a breath "Two bread and two sausage rolls please"

Liselle retrieves the items and places them in a bag for him, accepting the payment as she hands the bag over
"Thank you" the man says, then looks at the shrine again and tips the bag to it, before leaving

Exachix
2007-04-25, 10:35 AM
[Downstairs]

Karsen wakes and wanders all the way downstairs and looks at the Dead-Time Pudding.

"Ivaris... what will we do about this?"

A couple of people are poking it with forks, Ivaris comes forth.

"I don't know Master."

The people continue to poke it... one gets caught.

"Woa... Corner off that area under 'hazardous materials'."

The pokers back off as people surround the area with cones.

"Solved... now, how is the building going."

"Good... we've done most of it... the final floor of the library is being finished."

Fenric
2007-04-26, 09:11 AM
Aimi finally struggles out of the dead-time pudding, and fetches a towel to wipe the dead-time-slime off.

Disgusting thing!

Exachix
2007-04-26, 10:43 AM
Karsen turns and smiles, the person caught looks at the slime and hmms.

"Welcome back."

Fenric
2007-04-26, 10:48 AM
Aimi nods

Thanks. Didn't realize you had one of those things lurking down here...

Anyway, what's the plan?

Exachix
2007-04-26, 10:52 AM
Karsen shrugs.

"Which bit of it? We poke our noses into things... report back, and gather information. The lowest two levels are still having the final fabrication done to them."

He looks around.

"The information comes in here..." He motions to a box where there is some parchment, occasionally someone comes over and picks up 10 pieces and heads off again. "We sort it and check it... filtering it out if there are duplicates. Then put it where it needs to go."

Fenric
2007-04-26, 11:09 AM
Aimi nods

Sounds simple enough.

Aimi pulls out her sketch pad, which is already filled with fairly detailed drawings of the people Aimi has met so far.

My first contribution, then.

Exachix
2007-04-26, 11:11 AM
Karsen smiles.

"Ah. Very good, thank you. Can you put names to the pictures?" ((or are they already on there?))

MethodicalMeat
2007-04-26, 11:28 AM
A thin albino man shrouded in a ragged gray cloak and posessed of a nervous, fidgety demeanor shuffles into the bakery. At his side is a haversack with various writing implements poking out. He stands near the counter staring at the floor, waiting for someone to notice him.

Exachix
2007-04-26, 11:32 AM
[Upstairs]

Liselle smiles to him.

"Welcome... how can I help?"

MethodicalMeat
2007-04-26, 11:46 AM
Ah, h-hello, I wanted to, uh, p-purchase a loaf of bread...I have a bit of money... he stuttered, wringing his pale hands.

Exachix
2007-04-26, 11:47 AM
Liselle smiles.

"Sliced or not sliced?"

Fenric
2007-04-26, 11:48 AM
[Downstairs]

(( They are labelled descriptively for the most part, though it will be easy enough to figure out.
"llama priest", "strange man with mismatched wings", "lich who sits on the ceiling", that sort.
Some have names, though, like Karsen and Tentei. ))

Aimi nods

Most of them... some I don't know the names of.

MethodicalMeat
2007-04-26, 11:48 AM
"S-sliced...how much is it? M-my name is Deus, by the w-way..."

Exachix
2007-04-26, 11:54 AM
[Downstairs]

Karsen hmms.

"Hmm, I guess not." He smiles. "That'll be much more accurate than my descriptions. Do you mind if we take the pictures out?"

[Bakery entrance]

"Yes Deus." She gets the bread. "It'll be 2cp, unless you want something else."

MethodicalMeat
2007-04-26, 11:57 AM
"Th-that'll be fine, thank you." he fishes out two copper coins looks at them, sighs and hands them over.

Exachix
2007-04-26, 11:58 AM
[Bakery floor]

Liselle smiles and hands the bread over, taking the coins.

"Thank you!"

MethodicalMeat
2007-04-26, 12:01 PM
Deus smiles weakly and shuffles off, clutching the loaf of bread.

Exachix
2007-04-26, 12:04 PM
[Bakery Floor]

Liselle smiles and writes a few notes down, before continuing to serve NPCs, and sort items.

Fenric
2007-04-26, 12:08 PM
[Downstairs]

Aimi shrugs

Doesn't bother me.

Exachix
2007-04-26, 12:10 PM
[Downstairs]

Karsen smiles, obtains the individual pictures and puts them in the 'inbox'. Soon a person comes along to sort them.

"Simple. Thank you very much Aimi."

Fenric
2007-04-26, 12:27 PM
Aimi looks around

So... should I write up useful things that I know, or should I get back out and collect fresh things?

Exachix
2007-04-26, 01:18 PM
Karsen hmms.

"It depends... you can go out and write up what you know at the same time."

Fenric
2007-04-26, 01:55 PM
[Downstairs]

Aimi nods

True. Very well, then.

Aimi leaves the bakery.

Exachix
2007-04-26, 02:00 PM
Karsen smiles and waves as she goes, and wanders around, overseeing what's going on.

Exachix
2007-04-28, 02:42 PM
A mouse enters with a note, Karsen takes the note swiftly and reads it, before smiling.

"Imminent news... good. Although Destruction... Bad... not likely to succeed... ok."

He writes a small note and the mouse runs out with it.

Fenric
2007-04-28, 02:43 PM
An emotionless NPC drops off a package. Inside are sketches of Xeni, the Probe, Lyrak and Tehanu, and Akil.

Exachix
2007-04-28, 02:45 PM
Karsen smiles to the emotionless NPC, smiles, casts a stolen Restoration before draining it again to keep in practice, before sending the pictures to sorting.

Exachix
2007-05-02, 11:52 AM
Many days later... much information is gathered, and sorted.

The final floors are complete, and so contain the gathered information from the network.

Fenric
2007-05-02, 11:54 AM
Aimi enters and drops off a packet of information and sketches of Destro, Malleo, an insane Gazebo, and Lord Magtok.

Exachix
2007-05-02, 11:55 AM
Karsen takes it and smiles to Aimi.

"Thank you!"

Fenric
2007-05-02, 12:40 PM
Aimi grins

One other thing:

There was a strange man dressed in red chinese court robes standing outside the Temple of Inari muttering to himself.

After he saw that Magician guy, he got that "aha!" look in his eyes and promptly headed off into the woods. I tailed him to a freaky looking cave, but I wasn't about to follow him in.

Exachix
2007-05-02, 12:43 PM
Karsen hmms.

"Weird..."

Fenric
2007-05-02, 12:59 PM
Aimi nods

Yeah. Thought you might like to know.

Exachix
2007-05-02, 12:59 PM
Karsen grins.

"I'd love to know everything. That's why this is here. To know as much as we can."

Fenric
2007-05-02, 01:34 PM
Aimi smiles

Of course!

Then she heads out again.

Exachix
2007-05-02, 01:36 PM
Karsen waves as she goes.

"Have Fun Aimi. It's one of our commandments."

Exachix
2007-05-05, 12:41 AM
Much, Much later, Karsen wakes and heads all the way downstairs to check up on stuff. Then goes to the bakery main floor, before sorting out some stuff there.

Fenric
2007-05-05, 12:49 AM
Aimi enters the bakery and drops off another packet of notes before getting some donuts and coffee.

Monring, Karsen.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 12:57 AM
Karsen smiles.

"Morning Aimi. How are you doing?"

Fenric
2007-05-05, 12:59 AM
Aimi nods

Pretty good. Being a tertiary character has its advantages.

Magician pokes his head in the door

Speak for yourself!

Then he leaves again. Aimi frowns

One day, I will catch him... anyway, as I was saying: I get to avoid a lot of unpleasantness.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 01:01 AM
Karsen smiles.

"Yeah. You don't get all the attention, and so not nearly as much problems."

((Heh heh heh...

"You don't scare me."))

Fenric
2007-05-05, 01:12 AM
Aimi chuckles, and takes a sip of her coffee. Sadly, she put dead-time cream in it instead of normal cream.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 01:14 AM
Karsen sighs and checks the coffees elsewhere, ever so slightly worried. Before nabbing a croissant.

Fenric
2007-05-05, 10:51 AM
Aimi recovers from dead-time as Lirian walks in

Hello, Aesa

I am not Aesa.

Aimi rolls her eyes: another one?

Right. And what's your name, then?

I am Lirian, and this is Anar.

Nice to meet you. This is a bakery.

Lirian looks around

Nonsense.

Aimi scowls and looks around. Fortunately there are no other customers.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 10:54 AM
Karsen smiles.

"Welcome to the bakery. What makes you think it isn't?"

Lisselle wanders out, notices Karsen with a croissant and looking at him, before going back.

Fenric
2007-05-05, 10:58 AM
She looks at Karsen and states quite simply

No fox anywhere has the patience or the perserverance for baking. What are you really doing?

Exachix
2007-05-05, 10:59 AM
Karsen smiles.

"Selling stuff, making money. I'm not your average fox."

Fenric
2007-05-05, 11:06 AM
Lirian chuckles

I will observe you: it will be amusing to guess what you really do here.

She goes to the counter and examines the wares, finally buying a half dozen chocolate cupcakes. She munches one.

Not bad.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 11:07 AM
Karsen smiles and hmms, thinking to himself.

"No, not bad. So, what brings you here?"

Fenric
2007-05-05, 11:12 AM
Lirian repeats the tale of "what happened last night".

So now I am out and about, getting to learn the Town.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 11:15 AM
Karsen hmms.

"Ah. Ok. I advise going into trogs, and saying quiet many times over. I hear that it's best done in a well populated time of day, and you'll get a verity of expensive goods.

Fenric
2007-05-05, 11:20 AM
Lirian hmms

Fox advice: sure to be interesting, and sure to be something unexpected.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 11:22 AM
Karsen shakes his head.

"I'm not really a fox. I was an elf long ago, but got bitten by a were and got turned into a fox." He sighs "To be honest. I just want to help out. Trust me, that that peice of advice is very helpful."

Dead time dives on people!

AHHH!

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 01:32 PM
Revenant, fully armored, arrives at the bakery with Iris. His steed slowly whirls into nothingness, letting them down slowly through a black, floating whirlpool. Eventually said nothingness recedes into the eye-slits of his helm, presumably gone for now. He hastily follows through with his armor, and it clanks away into a similar nothingness, leaving him in fairly simple livery.

"Breakfast, indeed. I'm happy that I spotted this place."

Exachix
2007-05-05, 01:34 PM
Lisselle smiles to him.

"Hello, how can I help?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 01:36 PM
"Um hm..." Iris says, thinking over this display of new powers that Revenant happens to have acquired.... thanks to Kaio... grudgingly. Her fingers tighten about the umbrella a little at the thought.

In any event, she intended to enjoy her breakfast if it killed her, so she put that aside and used her free hand to open the door to the bakery, not really caring if Revenant would have opened it or not. She pleasantly assaulted, however rare that sort of thing is, by the scents of the bakery.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 01:42 PM
Revenant follows her, and seems a bit dissapointed that he has to focus to use his sense of smell. However, he does get a brief whiff of the pleasant bakery scent.

"I'm surprised that you even have the strength left to walk, much less open a door. I'd be shocked if you wanted any less than half the menu!"

He sits down at a two-person table, looking around a bit lustily. One can't be sure whether this is directed at the fantastic-looking cakes, or at Iris.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 01:43 PM
Liselle smiles, wanders over.

"Greetings. May I ask what you both would like to have?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 01:46 PM
Iris takes the seat across from Revenant, sitting down with her legs crossed and leaning back comfortably in the chair.

"What would you suggest?" she asks, a pleasant grin greeting Liselle.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 01:49 PM
Revenant waits for the response for Iris' sake, even though his mind is already set on a slice of cake. And a few other things, he thinks to himself.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 01:59 PM
Liselle smiles.

"I don't know what you two would like. We sell much, and our cakes are very nice."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 02:07 PM
Iris brushes a hand through her curly black hair before shaking it and smiling, "I'm not picky, darling. Just whatever is freshest out of the oven sounds fine to me." She looks at Revenant with an expression that suggests she would have him decide on something next.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 02:08 PM
He slams his hand down on the table, and his eyeless sockets open wide as he grins.

"Cake it is!"

Evidently, he wants cake.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 02:10 PM
Liselle smiles.

"I'll be right back."

And she goes off back to get some cake.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 02:14 PM
Iris laughs loudly at Revenant's choice. It just is very amusing to her how adamant he is about that cake. She looks at him with a smirk as she tries not to laugh again. Instead, she just chuckles under her breath and shakes her head a bit.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 02:19 PM
Underneath it all, Revenant is what he eats; Rare, pleasant, sometimes a bit dense, and externally as white as frosting topped with raspberry red scars and sugar-cane brown hair. He's likewise very sweet, although he's yet to admit that to himself. If not in a monetary way, one could suppose he's also rich.

"Oh, now, what's so funny?"

Exachix
2007-05-05, 02:22 PM
Liselle comes back with two plates with two slices of Lemon drizzle Cake.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 02:25 PM
And when it comes to relationships, Revenant can be quite yellow. He tries to avoid that metaphor as he accepts the lemon cake. He turns cheerily to Liselle and smiles amicably, which is an odd look coming from someone with his scarred, eyeless visage.

"Thank you!"

Exachix
2007-05-05, 02:26 PM
Liselle smiles.

"that'll be 1 gp."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 02:27 PM
Iris laughs again, her eyes closed she is laughing so hard, "You're just like a little kid in a candy shop!" It was indeed an apt description of his compulsion for cake.

When she recovers herself, she digs into her pocket and finds a gold coin. "Thanks, darling." she says as holds it out for Liselle. She still looks like she might laugh again.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 02:30 PM
He is about to denounce her metaphor, but can't speak because he bit off more than he can chew of the cake. Little kid, indeed. He ends up just giving her a rather pathetic look, his cheeks resembling balloons and the scar running along them threatening to open.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 02:31 PM
Lisselle takes the coin and returns to behind the counter, smiling.

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 02:33 PM
A small patch of golden fox fur appears in Karsen's bedroom.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 02:34 PM
Karsen leaves dead time, goes to his bedroom and looks at the fur, confused.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 02:44 PM
Iris grabs ahold of a nearby fork, briefly toying with the idea of commanding it to feed her, however, that seemed rather vain. Instead she begins to dig into the cake, a bit brusquely. There really isn't much elegance to the act, doing a sort of injustice to the beautifully prepared cake. Alas, she was hungry.

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 02:45 PM
The fur holds a note.

My dearest Karsen,

I apologize for leaving without any notice a while ago. I was called towards a special council meeting and haven't had the chance to write you before. I hope I will be able to return soon, but I can't make any promises.

Yours forever and ever,

Your wife, Gezina

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 02:46 PM
Compared to Revenant, she seems positively dainty. With a massive gulp, he finishes half the slice at once.

"Feeling better?"

Exachix
2007-05-05, 02:47 PM
Karsen takes the note and looks at it, crying faintly to himself.

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 02:49 PM
Somehow, a presence seems to try and soothe Karsen.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 02:50 PM
[Upstairs]
Karsen smiles faintly at the presence.

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 02:56 PM
The presence slowly disappears, even though it doesn't seem to want to.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 02:56 PM
Karsen sighs and sits upstairs for some time.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 02:58 PM
Iris licks her lips to taste the last bit of cake. "Delicious," she comments, letting the fork fall with a slight clatter into the plate. "However, as the resident living human, I must say can't live on cake alone. I suggest we get some of those sausage rolls." She winks at him as she says it.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 03:05 PM
Not sure as to whether that wink entailed a BLATANT innuendo or not, Revenant gives her a really, really, really weird look for about ten seconds. The telltale red tint reveals what he's thinking as he speaks.

"I don't control you; have all you want...your hunger's fairly understandable."

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 03:05 PM
A small portal opens in Karsen's bedroom, a golden fox with no left forepaw and no tail comes out of it, a crystal resembling an eye in between and just above the eyes.

{vulpine} Karsen, my love, I'm back.

Somehow, there seems very little power in her voice, and roughly the same amount of power in her body.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 03:08 PM
Liselle comes over, puts two plates with sausage rolls down, and takes the cake plates away.

[Upstairs]

Karsen hugs her.

"What happened to you?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 03:08 PM
Iris, not having seen that as innuendo at all, (seriously) merely quirks an eyebrow at him before shrugging and saying in a rather resigned tone, "Alright, I'll just eat them all by myself."

She then waves to try and get the attention of Liselle. She stops when she realizes Liselle is already on it. "Oh, thank you," she says, sounding impressed and giving her a nod.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 03:10 PM
((Well, it's what's been on Revenant's brain. It was the wink that did it.))

Revenant perks up when he realizes that she hadn't intended the comment in any such way. He smiles again, and nods at Liselle.

"I'm happy with my cake. Your chef is quite gifted."

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 03:11 PM
{vulpine} I got punished, for resigning.

Anything in her shows she has very little energy, and very little power, for the town that is.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 03:12 PM
[Upstars]

{Vulpine}"Oh..."

He looks at the lack of paw and tail and sighs.

Deadly
2007-05-05, 03:12 PM
Deadly and Muffin appear and Deadly looks up at Liselle with a smile "Greetings, and my blessings as always." he grins "Any muffins today?"

Exachix
2007-05-05, 03:14 PM
[Main Bakery Floor]
Liselle smiles.

"Many. Which Flavour today?"

Deadly
2007-05-05, 03:15 PM
Deadly scratches his head with a paw and looks around a bit "Uhm... do you have... apple?"

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 03:15 PM
[upstairs]

Gezina limps towards Karsen, her eyes seeming happy.

It was worth it, we're finally together again.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 03:17 PM
[Upstairs]
Hybrid-Karsen picks her up, sits her on the bed, and changes to Fox himself before laying by her.

"Yes we are."

[Main Floor]
"Yes we do"

((When I find it I have a youtube to show you deadly.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 03:18 PM
Iris just looks thankful for food that is warm and fresh. One doesn't always get that on the road. Once again she eats her sausage rolls in a manner far more accustomed to eating on the run rather than that of a court or proper restaurant.

Deadly
2007-05-05, 03:20 PM
((Ooo... can't wait :smallbiggrin:))

Deadly grins "I'll have them all, then."

NecroPaladin
Revenant doesn't really consider this, and just watches her with a growing smile. When it comes to mannerisms, he's not exactly the judgemental type.

"Any thoughts as to what to do after breakfast?"

InaVegt
[upstairs]

Gezina nuzzles Karsen, the third eye staring straight at Karsen's mind as Gezina asks her question.

You didn't have anyone else when I was gone, right?

The third eye seems like it would pick up any lie immediately.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 03:21 PM
((No. you can))

Liselle gets all the apple muffins and gives them to deadly.

[Upstars]
"What do you mean by here... as in, with me in a bed? Nope."

Deadly
2007-05-05, 03:28 PM
Deadly pays Liselle and takes the muffins with a grin "Thanks!". He bows and sits down in a corner to eat the muffins while Muffin looks out a window with a sigh

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 03:28 PM
[upstairs]

Good, wouldn't know what I'd have done if that was the case.

Gezina nuzzles Karsen once more.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 03:30 PM
[Upstairs]

Karsen nuzzles Gezina back.

{Vulpine}"I've missed you..."

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 03:33 PM
[upstairs]

{vulpine} So have I, my love.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 03:38 PM
[Upstairs]

Karsen nuzzles Gezina.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 03:38 PM
Iris finishes the rolls within a few minutes. Thus fed, she stretches her arms and works her shoulders a bit, trying to work out the remaining stiffness from sleep. "You said something about getting something for the wall? And I could also use some cooking supplies, new sheets for our bed, things like that."

Iris stops and looks as though she is thinking about something, "You know, perhaps we should have looked at the pantry to see what we had space for."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 03:41 PM
"Valid point. We could check the Omnishop..." Revenant trails off, not really knowing many more Town establishments.

"Do you want to do both together, or should one of us check back at home while the other gets the necessary amenities?"

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 03:42 PM
[upstairs]

Gezina nuzzles Karsen back.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 03:43 PM
Iris looks over to Revenant and points somewhat accusingly at him, "Oh, no. I'm not letting you out of my sight. You always get into trouble." She pretends to scowl, although, she means what she says.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 03:45 PM
[Upstairs]

Karsen licks Gezina's Nose.

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 03:47 PM
[upstairs]

Gezina smiles as she falls asleep, absolutely exhausted.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 03:49 PM
Revenant sighs melodramatically.

"I always get in trouble with you, too."

He stands up and looks through his pockets to leave a tip, but realizes that, like always, he's broke.

"Um...Even with not knowing how much, exactly, we can store, I'd suggest we go buy most of our needs rather soon. You know, get them out of the way."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 03:56 PM
Iris leaves two gold pieces on the table, one for the sausage rolls and one for the waitress herself. She'd done well, so Iris reasoned that she deserved it. Waitressing was a hard job.

"We can just pack it up and throw it on the ground if worse comes to worse. However, if you think about it, that place would have had at least a half a dozen people running around in it. It should be able to hold food for two."

She shrugs and her feet tap lightly on the floor as she springs up off of her chair. After she brushes off any remaining crumbs, Iris begins to make her way out of the bakery.

Deadly
2007-05-05, 03:56 PM
Deadly finishes his muffins and waves at Liselle before he and Muffin disappear in a swirl of muffins and black flames

InaVegt
2007-05-05, 04:03 PM
((Isn't it waiting, as waitress comes from waiter and waiter comes from waiting))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 04:04 PM
Revenant follows, setting off on foot for the Omnishop, when suddenly a clank is heard and a lone, heart-tipped nail flies out of his back.

"Rev'nante, you've invented
a new story,
patent pending;
It's a special kind of narrative
with an always
happy ending."

Rhyme notices Iris, and waves sarcastically.

"How you like him, I don't know
His heads's thicker than bakers' dough!"

He gestures around at the pastries, but an armored hand wielding the words "SHUT YOUR YAP," formed into a sword, emerges from Revenant's back and smacks him across the face before he can say any more.

Revenant staggers out of the shop, a bit off balance with the extra weight.

"I really don't want to have to listen to him today."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 04:18 PM
((I can't remember. But I don't think Iris has seen these two outside of battle. And I don't know that they were talking when she did...))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 04:23 PM
((Huh? What?))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 04:24 PM
((Rhyme and Reason. Sorry. That is why I wasn't sure what to type next.))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 04:27 PM
((She's seen the two in battle, as well as them grumbling about KNAVES members, and Rhyme showed up briefly in the Police Station cell to complain. I still don't get where you're going with this, though.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 04:33 PM
((No, no. It's fine. I'm sorry. I realize why I stopped waking up this early. It's not precisely good for my mental abilities.))

Iris shakes her head with a helpless grin, "I see they survived the changes."

She reaches up to ruffle his hair again, "Lucky you."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-05, 04:37 PM
((Hehe, I know that feeling.))

He folds the wing again, and it dissapears, leaving his back rather normal-looking.

"Lucky me, indeed," he says, exiting the shop and not making an attempt to get his hair right again.

((To the Omnishop?))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-05, 04:39 PM
Iris sabotages Revenant's attempts with his hair all along the way, enjoying every minute of it.

((Why, yes, thank you. *skips off to the Omnishop*))

Fenric
2007-05-05, 07:32 PM
Lirian comes out of dead time and wanders out.

Nightwing
2007-05-06, 07:30 AM
*Baron law 2 walks in*

I would like a Cinnamon roll. says the armored 10 foot tall member of KNAVES.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 07:32 AM
Liselle nodds and gets a cinnamon roll.

"This'll be 25 cp sir."

Nightwing
2007-05-06, 07:36 AM
*He hands her the money*

Exachix
2007-05-06, 07:38 AM
Liselle hands the Roll to him, smiling.

"Have a nice day."

Nightwing
2007-05-06, 07:49 AM
*He takes it and walks out*

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 07:56 AM
Gezina wakes up, and looks at Karsen.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 08:00 AM
Fox-Karsen wakes too and smiles to Gezina.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 08:02 AM
Gezina smiles at Karsen.

Wait a second while I retrieve my spells, dear.

Gezina goes to meditate.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 08:02 AM
Fox-Karsen nodds and smiles, watching.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 08:08 AM
It isn't very special to see, just a fox meditating for a couple of minutes.

Done.

Gezina smiles at Karsen, before very slowly transforming to hybrid form.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 08:09 AM
Karsen shifts too and smiles to her.

"Good Morning love."

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 08:16 AM
In hybrid form the true extent of her punishment is visible, patches of fur aren't there, instead there are burn marks and cuts, especially at the joints.

Good morning to you as well.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 08:17 AM
Karsen looks over her and sighs, before hugging her gently.

"Sleep well?"

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 08:21 AM
Gezina seems in pain as Karsen hugs her, though she tries her best not to show.

I did, I finally don't have to worry about the problems of that council anymore.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 08:25 AM
Karsen unhugs and smiles.

"Good!"

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 08:30 AM
What's up for breakfast?

Exachix
2007-05-06, 08:32 AM
Karsen smiles.

"What do you want dear?"

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 08:37 AM
Well, chicken would be nice.

Gezina licks her lips, Karsen might notice the scar running over her tongue.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 08:38 AM
Karsen notices but dismiesses it.

"I don't think we have much chicken... We should do."

He stands and holds a hand out to her.

"Let us check."

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 08:40 AM
Gezina takes his hand with her only and right hand.

Let's go.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 08:41 AM
Karsen smiles and leads her downstairs, to the main kitchen, where both cooks work to make bakery products. Karsen nodds to them, as they go through to the store.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 08:43 AM
Gezina nods to the cooks as well, smiling.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 08:44 AM
In the Store...

Karsen lets go of her hand and looks around, before finding some chicken.

"We do!"

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 08:45 AM
So when did you return? Comes a voice from the doorway.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 08:59 AM
Great.

Gezina looks around at the voice.

Yesterday.

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 08:59 AM
Kyrian smiles. Good.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 09:02 AM
Karsen smiles, and begins to cut up some chicken.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 09:02 AM
So, how are you, dad?

Kyrian might notice Gezina is covered in burn marks and other scars, Kyrian should notice Gezina is missing her tail and left arm. Kyrian probably notices the crystal eye just above and in between her normal eyes.

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 09:05 AM
Kyrian takes notice but doesn't say anything. Married. Happy to see you home again.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 09:12 AM
Do I know her?

Gezina smiles at her father, and at her husband.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 09:13 AM
Karsen smiles back and puts a plate of chicken on the side by her, listening and thinking.

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 09:15 AM
Hmm...I don't remember if you ever met Lillah or not.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 09:17 AM
The name doesn't ring any bells.

Gezina starts on her chicken, clumsily using her right hand to eat it.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 09:17 AM
Karsen sighs and eats some of his, thinking.

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 09:18 AM
Well, she's a very lovely woman, and I'm lucky to have her.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 09:22 AM
Great, I'm happy for you then.

Gezina gives up trying to cut the chicken into smaller pieces, instead picking it up and biting parts of.

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 09:24 AM
Well, only wanted to drop in, say hi. Not everyday your daughter just pops back in from god knows where.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 09:25 AM
Karsen smiles.

"I thought you were a god?"

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 09:27 AM
Gezina laughs at Karsen's comment.

How powerful is your wife, exactly?

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 09:29 AM
Well, she's a goddess of the arts now, so powerful in that aspect. And getting pretty good at fighting.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 09:30 AM
Karsen smiles and listens.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 09:34 AM
Gezina smiles at Kyrian.

Good old town, were gods live along the mortals.

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 09:36 AM
Kyrian smiles back. I missed you.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 09:38 AM
I missed you too, but I missed Karsen more.

Gezina grins, though her eyes don't seem to be joining her mouth.

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 09:39 AM
Kyrian raises an eyebrow. Something wrong?

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 09:44 AM
No, why?

Gezina seems to be wondering what Kyrian means.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 09:45 AM
Karsen hmms and smiles faintly.

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 09:46 AM
Kyrian shakes his head. Just seemed like your eyes disagreed with your words for a second there...

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 09:48 AM
Why would they do that?

Gezina smiles at Kyrian, her eyes just stare.

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 09:49 AM
Because.....now that's just creepy. You're mouth's smiling, they eyes just stare.

((Have to run out, sorry...))

Exachix
2007-05-06, 09:51 AM
Karsen looks at Gezina and shrugs.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 10:05 AM
What do you mean?

Exachix
2007-05-06, 10:07 AM
Karsen sees the dead time attack and hmms.

"I don't know."

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 10:08 AM
((since fenric's only now))

I would like to visit the temple of Inari.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 10:09 AM
Karsen smiles.

"ok then."

He leads her out and they go to the streets.

Fenric
2007-05-06, 10:12 AM
(( Only what? ))

Aimi returns to get some donuts.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 10:15 AM
Liselle smiles.

"Hello Aimi."

She hands her some donuts.

InaVegt
2007-05-06, 10:15 AM
((Meant online, stupid fingers not following my thoughts))

Gezina walks along with Karsen.

Kyrian
2007-05-06, 12:48 PM
Kyrian awakes and vanishes.

Nevrmore
2007-05-06, 04:17 PM
Jersey digs his cloven hooves into his goat's heels as they pass the bakery, the sweet smell of pastries wafting into his nose.

<"Ooooh, I want some!"> He cries. Jumping off his goat whilst having a firm grip on its horns causes the poor animal's neck to snap. It slumps to the ground while Jersey happily runs inside the building.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 04:18 PM
Liselle smiles.

"What do you want?"

Nevrmore
2007-05-06, 04:20 PM
Jersey frowns a bit at hearing Liselle speak Common. For a child it takes some mental dedication to speak in an entirely different language, especially when their first language is Infernal.

"Cakes!" He says after focusing for a few moments.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 04:24 PM
Liselle smiles and gets two cupcakes.

Nevrmore
2007-05-06, 04:26 PM
Jersey quickly grabs the cakes and begins devouring them as if they were the antidote to some potent poison.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 04:27 PM
Liselle smiles.

Nevrmore
2007-05-06, 04:29 PM
After licking any cupcake residue off of the wrappings, the small devilchild looks up at Liselle expectantly.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 04:30 PM
Liselle gets two more.

Nevrmore
2007-05-06, 04:31 PM
Once again, the boy's eyes light up and he devours them just as quickly.

"Wow! Thanks!" He says between bites...

Exachix
2007-05-06, 04:33 PM
Liselle smiles.

Nevrmore
2007-05-06, 04:39 PM
Jersey jumps up and grabs the edge of the bar separating him from Liselle, climbing onto it.

"I like you." He smiles, showing off two rows of small, pointed teeth.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 04:40 PM
Liselle smiles.

"Who are you first?"

Nevrmore
2007-05-06, 04:42 PM
"My name is Jersey." He moves so that he is sitting Indian style in front of Liselle, which looks quite peculiar given the fact that his lower body is that of a goat.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 04:44 PM
Liselle smiles.

"hello Jersey. What do you want?"

Nevrmore
2007-05-06, 04:46 PM
"Well I was running from some people who wanted to kill me when I saw this place and I love cakes and cookies and brownies so I thought I'd come in!"

Exachix
2007-05-06, 04:52 PM
Liselle smiles and hands him a cookie.

"Anything else?"

Nevrmore
2007-05-06, 04:54 PM
Jersey bites into the cookie.

"You're the first person here to be nice to me." He says.

Exachix
2007-05-06, 04:58 PM
Liselle smiles.

"What do you know about town?"

Nevrmore
2007-05-06, 04:59 PM
Jersey shrugs.

"I just got here yesterday."

Exachix
2007-05-06, 05:00 PM
Liselle sighs.

"oh."

Nevrmore
2007-05-06, 05:01 PM
"Why?" He asks before taking another bite out of the cookie.

Fenric
2007-05-06, 10:49 PM
Aimi returns and drops off her latest batch of notes. Then she sips idly at a coffee while spinning her ball around and sketching.

Exachix
2007-05-07, 01:25 AM
Liselle sees he's caught by Dead time as she leaves it, and watches Aimi spinning her ball.

Fenric
2007-05-08, 05:58 PM
Aimi buys a few sausage rolls, feeling hungry after two days of not doing anything.

Nevrmore
2007-05-08, 06:23 PM
Jersey turns to look at Aimi, waving at her.

Fenric
2007-05-08, 06:33 PM
The after-image of Aimi regrets the failure of the "Quick Reply" script to post the post announcing her depature. If you would leave a message at the beep, she will get back to you when she returns.

*beep*

Nevrmore
2007-05-08, 06:34 PM
Jersey sighs, disappointed, and departs.

Exachix
2007-05-10, 04:03 PM
An NPC comes in... hand something to Liselle... a note.. and heads out.

Liselle hmms, looks at the note, nodds and going back to sorting. and helping NPC customers.

Nevrmore
2007-05-11, 08:06 PM
A plump, Swiss-looking man stares at the bakery from outside its doors. He looks all the world like a chef, what with an apron and ridiculously large chef's hat. His overly-large mustache twitches a bit in consternation.

"So, this is my competition?" He says in an accent that almost sounds like "Bork bork bork". "Well then, I will be sure to destroy this first." He chuckles and walks off.

Exachix
2007-05-13, 11:48 AM
Liselle looks up and shrugs... continuing peacefully.

Fenric
2007-05-13, 12:22 PM
Aimi wakes up and gets a doughnut and a cup of coffee

Morning, Liselle.

Exachix
2007-05-13, 12:22 PM
Liselle smiles.

"Morning Aimi... how are you?"

Fenric
2007-05-13, 12:57 PM
Aimi shrugs

Doing well enough. I've managed to dodge the incessant brawls at Trog's so far.

Exachix
2007-05-13, 12:58 PM
Liselle nodds and leans on the counter.

"That's why I stay here. I get to mind the shop. And I got get beat up on a regular basis." She smiles. "Fun though."

Fenric
2007-05-13, 02:08 PM
Aimi pulls out her sketchbook and starts drawing.

Exachix
2007-05-13, 02:13 PM
Karsen and Lyrik Enter. Karsen looks around, smiles to all and nodds to Liselle, before heading back and to the 'down' door. But he looks at Liselle.

"Liselle, or Aimi, what have you heard about Gezina?"

"Urm... Not alot yet."

((Gez: How much information do you mind people knowing about Gezina's kidnapping?))