PDA

View Full Version : Anchor IC

n0ble
2015-05-11, 10:19 AM
[/SPOILER]

The Sapphire Confederacy
The Confederacy is a loose affiliation of islands in the north of The Blue, and is primarily ruled by an oligarchy of rich families, with a Sovereign at its head. The current sovereign, Liara Naelo, is at the end of her long life, having held the position since the great flooding 800 years ago. Only time will tell if the Confederacy will be able to endure the Sovereign’s departure or fall to infighting with the absence of her iron will.

Vidyrac
When the great flood occurred, the people of the world fled from the coastline. Many were lost, but many more still found salvation in mighty Vidyrac. The colossal turtle came to the coast line as it was swallowed up, offering protection to its future citizens in the form of a city built into its shell. Since the Ending, Vidyrac has served as a mobile enclave and city for its population, who are governed by a council. How one becomes a council member is unknown, but the council itself seems to be able to influence the turtle somehow, telling it where to go as best befits the city on it’s back.

The Dead Isles
The Dead Isles are a place of outcasts, criminals and degenerates. The isles are famous for the frequency of necromancer covenants found amongst them, hence the name. Rumors abound that, having heard of the Sovereign’s death, the Isles have launched a series of raids upon the confederacy. This rumor is contradicted by multiple sources that state that the Dead Isles have gone completely quiet. A most disturbing silence indeed.

Discordia
When the Great ending took place, many of the dragons were fine. Those that could breath underwater carried on life as it was before, while many more took to the skies, making new homes for themselves amongst the clouds. A very select few remained amongst the mountaintops and landmasses. Fewer still thrived in this environment. Olympharion is one such dragon. The red dragon has carved himself out a small empire in the south, some might say dangerously close to the Spice Basket. From his volcanic home, the Crimson despot rules over a dynasty of dragons, ever eager to expand his hoard.

The Spice Basket
The spice basket is a center for trade and culture, in many ways behaving as the nexus of commerce in the Blue. The Basket’s position as a central trade network has preserved it’s independence from the Sapphire Confederacy, a fact that no doubt rankles Sovereign Liara. For now the Spice Basket enjoys its place in the world, poised to become an economic powerhouse.

The 99
The 99 are a string of numerous unexplored islands that stretch from the North all the way to the south. Many a fortune has been lost and won amid the 99, just as surely as many an explorer has made a name for himself or herself trying to explore the great island chain.

The Timorean Vast
A massive underwater trench, the Timorean vast is controlled by the mad storm Giant Timoreous. Legend has it that Timoreous was an architect of great sweeping palatial structures for his fellow storm giants, but went mad and was cast out. Regardless, the storm giant waits in the trench, served by merrows and mermaids, believing instead that his former kin serve him

It should be noted that the World posses a Nine Hells, Abyss and other such planes. The World of Anchor is, to all intents and purposes, the material place amid the other planes of the multiverse.

The Princes of the Elements
It is little surprise that, following the erosion of civilization, the princes of the Elements, whether good, evil or neutral, have flourished. The good princes are venerated by those who wish to for safe passage and protection, while the evil Archeomentals are worshiped by various cults and factions that seek to further devastate the world. The various princes are often regarded as the aspects of the two principal deities of the world Undara and Fulcrus, the good often being represented by Undara, while the evil princes seen as aspects of Fulcrus.

Undara (LN)
Undara is the goddess of nature, predominately associated with the sea, though she is also found amongst the more stable aspects of nature. Unlike her twin brother, the goddess represents a co-harmony with nature, a unity of what is natural and artifice. uch that humanoids can survive in this new world. Humanoids frequently give Undara offerings in an effort to placate her, especially when the establishment of new cities and expeditions occur.

Fulcrus (CN,)
Fulcrus stands as Undara’s twin, the chaotic, primal force of nature that cares not for humanoid suffering, only the encroachment of the natural upon civilization. As it is told, Fulcrus’ wrath is what caused the Great Ending, and it was only upon his imprisonment by Undara that abated the spreading of disaster. He allegedly remains imprisoned in the earth, where his chaotic energy is slaved to the will of his twin sister. This wrath sometimes peaks, resulting in storms and typhoons across the world.

The Depths (LE,CE,N ? )

The depths are the old pantheons, the gods who drew their power from mortals since long before the great flood. Since the Great Ending, the power of these immense beings has since greatly faded, though they still nonetheless remain potent in their own rights, buoyed by the worship of cults and sects who believe they will one day return and restore the world. In truth, these deities have become spiteful and angry at their new place in the world: legend has it that they were cast down below the earth they once ruled over. These beings now occupy the darkest corners of the ocean, allegedly plotting and scheming ways to retain their power. Amongst their number is The Faceless One, Praxagoras, Acamar the Starspawn, Araphim and Histure.

The old mans one good eye leers out of a rickety body that could collapse at any second, wind wiping his thin, pale hair about his face. He visage is worn like old leather, his body emaciated and covered in a network of hard won scars. His left eye is a crater which he doesn't bother covering up. But for all his unappealing appearance, when he speaks, all weakness leaves his frame, as if he young again. The man gazes out across the blue, from atop the plateau of the high mountain he and those who listen sit upon. He begins the story as if he has told it a thousand times already, as if he has lived it. Glancing back from his reprieve he turns to his audience, his voice strong.He begins the story as if he has told it a thousand times already, as if he has lived it "So, you came to hear a tale eh? Well boy have I got one for you..."

The sun filters through the portholes of the ship as the waves steadily rocks you awake.Clearing thoughts of sleep from your minds, you can see the expanse of the Blue through the portholes, the sea frothing up and down at a predictable rate. For all the quiet in your current abode, you can hear a great deal of noise and commotion above you. The upper deck. The room, more of a level to the ship, that the four of you find yourselves in is comfortable enough, if large. Obviously designed with efficiency in mind, hammocks line this level of the ship, with odd personal belongings sprinkled throughout: empty bottles of rum seem to be the majority of the crews personal belongings. You can also see that your not alone.

A man, human, sleeps in one of these hammocks, clearly oblivious to the noise that is above him or that the four of you have awoken. He is young, perhaps a bit too young to be on a ship. And yet there is a quiet grace to the way he lazes in the hammock, as if he has spent his entire life on a boat. He could do without the snoring or the odd bit of sleep-rambling though. That's bound to get him in trouble with the crew. "Caleb! Rouse yourself you lazy git, and get the others while your at it! There's deck swabbing to be done!" A commanding voice, equal parts shrill and sharp peals through the cacophony happening above you. The youths eyes flutter open at the command, "Wha-um- Coming first mate!" he bellows back all sense of grace and serenity lost amid his momentary panic. Caleb, as he is apparently known, snatches a bottle of rum off the floor, checking to see if it's full. Finding it so he uncorks and takes a hearty swig from that seems to restore his sense of bliss. He turns to the four of you, "Who are you people anyways? he says, his eyes lingering on Squid and Syg in particular, "I didn't know we'd picked up such exotic crew Imskaar", he says, offering the secondnd mate the bottle.

Wartex1
2015-05-12, 01:50 PM
"'Twas cheaper than hirin' another crew. Cuts down on 'ur expenses by a loot." Imskaar mentioned as he gulped down a moderate amount of rum, stretching his accent to make that last pun.

JNAProductions
2015-05-12, 02:05 PM
What's going on? Where's my horse?

jazzymantis
2015-05-12, 04:26 PM
And where is my boat? Are we near Vidyrac?

n0ble
2015-05-12, 05:42 PM
"You'll want to ask the captain about your boa- wait your the guy who signed on and brought a horse with him?!" The whole crews been talking about you!" [/COLOR] Caleb exclaims to Layton, "I thought that was just drunk sailor talk till I saw the thing getting stowed in the lower deck, he should be down there if you want to take a look at him later" he pauses, rubbing his eyes as if the act of talking has drained all the energy from him.

"As for where we are, none of you remember? You all signed on as crew of the Miranda about a day ago when we docked at Vidyrac. A lot of merriment was made over you joining up" he nods in Squids direction as he says this, "something about a water Genasi bringin' the ship good luck. Boy did we ever drink to that!" he pinches his nose, clearly still hungover, "Ugh, I suppose the captain will be wanting to see all of you, what with the assignin' of duties and such. Least I can remember most a the night. Twas quite fun, the cap'n bought everyones grog. I guess some just had more n' others. Caleb finishes his little speech by pointedly looking back up from the floor at the rest of you. "Caleb, I thought I told you to get your mangey bottom up here! Now sailor!" There's that shrill voice again.

jazzymantis
2015-05-12, 08:55 PM
Squid scratches at his barnacles and a sudden realization comes to his face, his groggy eyes opening.

Hmm I do remember signing something, I don't quite remember reading it though. Could you remind me what it is that I signed. And the Miranda? I think I've heard of that before... Is it a part of the Pirate's guild? Will you lot be wanting a "Kraken" again? What is the share this time?

I have to apologize I don't often wake up in the company of anyone at all, let alone being inside. And I also haven't visited Vidyrac in some time, I must have been deep into my indulgences by the time that I ran across you all.
Still, being on a proper ship is a good thing. I could stick with this for a while.
What was the captains name? I will need to know the status of my own boat.

Entelechy
2015-05-13, 12:33 AM
<You are all so loud, so early> a dry grumble crawls across the inside of remain four people's skulls. Syg had been huddling on her hammock, blankets pulled squarely over her head. She stuck her head out, scowling and pink eyes bloodshot. She fumbles in her pack, nestled up against her in the hammock, for a waterskin and the bar of soap. With a gesture, she draws out a bit of water, and spins it up into a whirling disk at her fingertip. She sticks the soap in the get a good lather, then with another gesture has the spinning soapy water scrub her face. She stuffs the used wash water into an empty rum bottle and then rises her face with a little more water.

"Better," she says outload. She pushes herself upright, only to get an eyefull of sunlight through a porthole. She flops back down on her hammock with a string of curses and pulls the blanket back over her head.

<Y'better let the kid go swab the deck. No need to get him in trouble, damn me.> Syg growled again in their minds.

n0ble
2015-05-13, 01:33 PM
The youth pinches the bridge of his nose, wincing in pain at either the screaming or at Sygs telepathy. It's unclear exactly which form of communication has made him uncomfortable. Recovering himself, he says to Squid "You'll want to talk to Cap'n Greymantle about yer boat and the nature of your employ.", then to all of you, " I best get topside 'else old Slackjaw will have my hide." With that, Caleb hurries up the stairs to the top of the deck, but not before taking a quick drink from a flask he has hidden in his pants. He turns around once to wink at all of you before scurrying up the stairs once more.

Feel free to roll knowledges at any point you'd like during this campaign :smallsmile:

jazzymantis
2015-05-13, 05:30 PM
Squid looks pensively and continues to scratch his barnacled chin.

1d20+1 What does squid know of Miranda?

I don't know how I messed up here, but in OCC I rolled a 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19249965&postcount=31)

Entelechy
2015-05-14, 01:52 PM
A litany of curses continue to flow from under Syg's blankets. A hand shot out and groped around for her linen robes. She pulled them in, and a moment later crawled out, fully swathed.

"Alright, don't know about you, but I'm going to see our Captain," she mutters aloud.

Wartex1
2015-05-14, 02:16 PM
"'Opefully cap'n isn't in a awf'l mood today."

jazzymantis
2015-05-14, 11:09 PM
Yes, let us go meet this Greymantle And he walks up to the deck.

n0ble
2015-05-15, 01:30 AM
As the four of you exit the sleeping quarters and go up to the top deck, your greeted by a great deal of activity. The majority of the crew seemed to be tied up in typical acts you'd find on a ship: unfurling the sails, swabbing the decks, carrying about barrels or crates of supplies and manning the ballistas of the ship, two on the left side, two on the right. Three figures stand out amongst them, all standing behind the wheel at the back of the ship.

The fist is a tall, slender and young man of noble features and pale blue eyes. He sports a grey long coat and tricorn hat over a white, neat dress shirt and black slacks. Twin cutlasses adorn his belt and while his face seems stern, you can see a hint of pride and respect as he surveys the crew. The second figure, a halfling, is screeching out orders at the crew from behind the ships wheel.He wears a red bandana. He has a ragged appearance, as if he hasn't slept in months, and appears to be missing more than a few teeth. Or maybe they're just completely black from wrought. The third individual, standing a little ways behind the captain, is an old man with tattoos on his arms that seem to have a life of their own, moving up and down the length of his forearms. His head is bald, but for a peppery beard that ends just above the belt of his purple robes.

Squids knowledge roll unfortunately revealed nothing about the Miranda.

Wartex1
2015-05-15, 06:28 AM
"'Ail, cap'n!" Imskaar saluted the captain as he shouted.

jazzymantis
2015-05-16, 02:23 AM
Squid walks up to the man in the hat, and says Hello, Greymantle is it? I am Squid, and I seem to still be recalling last night. I heard that there was a contract signed? What would be the nature of that contract? And I had a boat last I remember, would you know what has become of it?

Squid eyes the other men as he talks, not fully sure which one is the captain.

JNAProductions
2015-05-16, 09:14 AM
Yes. We all apparently signed, and yet none of us really seem to recall.

n0ble
2015-05-17, 10:06 PM
"That would be me. Ah yes, your boat." the young man in grey saunters forward and offers each of you his hand in turn. "We've lashed it to the side of the Miranda. Apologies for the mystery surrounding it. We all had a rather large amount to drink before shoving off last night, it might account for your loss of memory." he smiles knowingly, as if to confirm the tale. "As for your contract, I believe you signed the same as the rest of the crew, eachve you have a 50th share of all the loot we find." His smile widens at the mention of loot to be had, "Allow me to formerly introduce myself, I'm Nathaniel Greymantle, captain of this ship" he spreads his arms wide, as if to demonstrate his command. "And this surly stout fellow is Silas Slackjaw, my first mate," he gestures to the grumpy halfling at the weel as the halfling lets another tirade loose on the deckswabbers before flashing a somewhat toothless grin at all of you. "And this," he says to the man in purple, "is our ship mage, Nicholas Scamdros. Our navigator and diviner." The man in purple nods in acknowledgment before scurrying over to the side of the ship and emptying his stomach contents into the ocean. Greymantle makes a decided point of ignoring the wizard, "I must admit, I remember contracting a water Genasi, but little else after the grog hit me, who might all of you be." His eyes scan Syg, Squid and Layton, before coming to rest on Imskaar. Theres that smile again.

Wartex1
2015-05-17, 11:10 PM
"Do ye not rememb'r?" Imskaar squinted at the captain. "S'cond mate, accountant, slay'r o' debts and kill'r o' bills?"

Entelechy
2015-05-18, 12:58 AM
"I'm just here to swab the deck," Syg said, her voice a bit hoarse. She gestures to demonstrate, and a disk of water five feet in diameter and three deep rises from the ocean to the deck. She sets the water churning and spinning, and has it sweep a lazy grid across the deck.

jazzymantis
2015-05-18, 03:06 AM
Squid seems to begin to wake up more as he remembers information from the night before. He releases a short sigh as he remembers his boat and home are not all to far away.
"Ah, yes it is coming back to me. A 50th share sounds fine with me, we will just have to make sure to get a large haul. Hmm... Is there any bonuses for the ones who find the treasure, or do you already have a haul in mind?" Squid smiles at the thought of returning to the treasure trade.

He turns his attention to the puking mage"Nicholas, if you are ever in need of assistance with your divining, nature has many answers. It can help scout, and it can tell one what has been in the.

He turns back to Greymantle and adds "I can also help with food, healing, and water if needed. I know how precious those resources are for a crew. Speaking of which, how large is the crew here. I have not had a chance to count yet myself."

n0ble
2015-05-19, 11:06 AM
"Of course I remember old friend, how can anyone forget the time you slayed the feared Bill of Interest that the Iron-eye family sanctioned us with?" he says to Imskaar, his smile and vociec taking on a decidedly warm tone "And I don't quite have a haul in mind yet, Mr. Squid, though I'm sure there are many to be found in the spice basket. We carry a crew of fifty, though I must admit, most of them seem more precluded to being cowards and deck swabbers rather than actual pirates. To that end, your offers of food and healing are both well met. Gratituide." A little bit of danger dances in his eyes as he says this, as if he relishes what will happen when conflict occurs.

Silas whips his head around as Syg's disk of water moves and slides across the deck "Excellent work... m'lady? You lads could all learn a thing or two from this one!" he says to the deckswabbers, jabbing a thumb back in the direction of the warlock.

Scamdros also turns to Squid, "Gratituide as well, Master Genasi. I must admit I'm not built for the ocean, not like you or our captain here. But I'll do my best." he manages a weak smile.

Please all roll perception checks.

JNAProductions
2015-05-19, 11:15 AM
Perception: [roll0]

Wartex1
2015-05-19, 02:40 PM
Roll: [roll0]

jazzymantis
2015-05-19, 04:23 PM
Well I can surely manage enough water for about 20 people a day. If it is necessary I can supply most of the crew with food for the day, but I would prefer not to. If I have time to go hunting however, I could likely feed us all. As Squid mentions hunting a faint smile spreads on his lips.

Rolled a 16 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19277520&postcount=33)

n0ble
2015-05-20, 11:19 AM
You can see a ship in the distance, perhaps twenty minutes out. From what you can tell, it's around twice the size of the Miranda and flies a grey flag with a golden anvil on it. To all intents and purposes it appears to not be moving, as if it has weighed anchor.

jazzymantis
2015-05-20, 11:50 AM
"Captain, there appears to be a large ship in the distance. I don't think that it is moving, the flag appears to be grey with a golden anchor."

n0ble
2015-05-20, 02:25 PM
The Captain Squints at what Squid says, scanning the area in front of his ship. Finding nothing, he yells to the helmsman "Silas, do you see a ship? One with the Goldforge emblem on it?"

Silas repeats the captain's gesture, peering out across the blue, "Yes cap'n, seems like a Goldforge ship to me. Better yet, I can't see any crew on board! Ahahaha!" Silas' cackling is high pitched carries out across the entire ship. It is echoed in turn by the rest of the deck swabbers in turn.

The captain, for his part, seems to be taking no chances, turning to the rest of you with a predatory grin, "Imskaar, you'll lead a boarding action with Syg, Squid and Layton, I'll keep the rest of the crew in reserve. If the ship really is abandoned give us a holler and we'll be right over. If there are people on it... Holler anyways and we'll come a running. Understood?" For added emphasis the captain draws his twin rapiers with an eager flourish, as if he wants trouble.

The Miranda swiftly closes on the stationary ship. As it does you can see that the top deck truly is without of crew members. As your ship pulls up weighs anchor next to the mercantile vessel, a misty spray sweeps in, covering the two ships in fog and making it impossible to see much of anything besides the two ships and the Blue.

If at any point you'd like to know what things like Goldforge mean, feel free to roll up some history :smallsmile:

Entelechy
2015-05-20, 02:51 PM
"Suggestion, Captain? If what I heard of Water Genasi are true, the Squid and me can likely freeze the ship in a big disk of ice to keep it from sinking, then flood the ship with water, much like I flooded the deck. We do it slowly, and anyone hiding below would need to come out, or drown. Paper would be ruined, but any other goods would be fine." Syg recommended, off-handedly.

Wartex1
2015-05-20, 03:01 PM
"Can ye produce enough water fer that?" Imskaar asked.

Entelechy
2015-05-20, 03:23 PM
"We don't need to produce the water. I can just move the ocean into the ship, bit by bit," Syg explains.

jazzymantis
2015-05-20, 05:34 PM
"That would take nearly all day! Besides why risk any damage to such a fine ship? Lets just go over and take it. I can fly us onto its deck with ease. Or we could swim over? If you can't swim fast I can assist with that as well. There should be nothing to fear from whatever is in that ship. I have been in my fair share of scraps, but let us try to take this ship without much harm to it, yeah? Shall we head over?

He looks to Greymantle and adds, I can send a fire in the air as a signal, but if you cannot see that through this mist then I may send over a beast. If some giant bat or owl comes over without a rider, then you will know we need help. Unless any of you have a better way of signalling? He says as he looks to the boarding party.

Wartex1
2015-05-22, 06:48 AM
"I cannot think o' any." Imskaar answered.

n0ble
2015-05-22, 09:53 AM
Greymantle nods in affirmation of Squids idea. "You've got the right idea, thats for certain. I can have Scamdros here keep an eye on you instead via his magics, that way you can keep up your strength Mr. Squid." Despite the captains smile you can catch an edge of trepidation to his voice. He clearly doesnt want to risk his crew. Scamdros, for his part, seems eager to regain face after puking his rations over the side of the boat. "Let me know when your ready, we can drop a boarding plank for you to walk across." With that the Captain makes his way down to the main deck, and starts ordering his crew below, but for a few men to man the Ballistas on deck.

jazzymantis
2015-05-23, 03:13 AM
"A plan it is then. Yes, boarding planks would work great. I can be ready at any time. Scamdros, do you need any assistance?

On the way over here Squid cast Locate Plants and Animals as a ritual, targeting sharks- I get to know the distance and direction of the nearest shark within 5 miles if any are present.

Entelechy
2015-05-23, 02:48 PM
"I may create an illusion to signal help, but I would need a line of sight to outside, so that is not reliable. I might send a messenger to you, a pixie nuisance who seems a bit attached to me. Also, in a dark void blacker than the darkest night appears on the ship, it is a sign we are in a fight. But warn your men to be cautious, because countless heatless hungry things may dwell within. Or it might just be empty." Syg says with a shrug, "Let me grab my pack from below decks, and I'm ready."

Syg disappeared for a moment below decks, then returned, as promised with her pack.

Wartex1
2015-05-23, 02:59 PM
"Hav' either o' ye have boarded a ship b'fore?" Imskaar asked the other two.

jazzymantis
2015-05-23, 05:00 PM
"Not excatly, I normally have come up from the bottom when wrecking ships.. I have lived on a ship for many years though." Squid says in response to Imskaar. "Let us go then"

Entelechy
2015-05-24, 12:00 AM
"I've lived on ships. Boarded my share, even sunk a couple. I prefer raiding at night though. Sneak aboard while the watch is light, catch the crew unawares. I don't like this up front confrontation, where we are the ones most likely to be taken by surprise." Syg said, "Indeed, I'm ready to go when you are."

n0ble
2015-05-24, 09:54 AM
At Syg's agreement several men bring up a boarding plank, about five feet wide, and put down perpendicular to both ships with a heavy plunk sound. As you make your way on to the plank, you can hear Scamdros murmuring an incantation from a book he keeps on his person. "Best of luck" The somewhat ominous encouragement comes from Silas.

Wartex1
2015-05-24, 10:16 AM
"Onwar's, to the loot!" Imskaar raised his rapier as he walked to the other ship.

jazzymantis
2015-05-24, 01:39 PM
With his shield in one hand and his scimitar in the other, Squid walks the plank.

Entelechy
2015-05-24, 03:09 PM
Syg crosses the gangplank with the other two, eyes alert beneath her hood for trouble.

Wartex1
2015-05-24, 03:27 PM
Imskaar looked around the deck of the ship for anything that could catch his interest or anyone who might want to kill him.

[roll0]

n0ble
2015-05-25, 08:45 AM
As you cross the gangplank onto the other ship the mists only seem to get more dense. The sensation of walking through them is replaced with a new one as you make your way onto the Goldenforge ship. The deck feels... sticky and you notice that you must put effort into unsticking your boots from the deck. Through the steady lapping of waves against the ship, a seagull cries off, lost in the mist and then is abruptly cut short.

The Goldenforge family is one of the richest mercantile families to come out of either the Spice Basket or the Sapphire Confederacy, second only the Ironeyes in terms of material value, but surpassing them in prestige.

Through the mist, you can see that there are several large dark stains on the upper deck, which seem to be what is so sticky.

Wartex1
2015-05-25, 08:56 AM
"Thar's somethin' in the mist, somethin' foul." Imskaar squinted as he looked at the dark splotches. "It's tough ta see, an' it seems too thick ta be blood..."

Imskaar stopped for a moment as he grabbed an iron piton from his pack and dropped it into the sticky fluid.

Entelechy
2015-05-25, 01:18 PM
Syg reaches back to make sure the gangplank is still here.

<This is decidedly inauspicious,> Syg says silently through telepathy.

n0ble
2015-05-26, 09:09 AM
Squid finds that there are several smaller sharks about four miles east from his current location. He also now knows that there is an island about five miles north, through the fog. He's able to determine this due to the large number of palm trees that populate the island. For her part, Syg finds that the gangplank is still there, sturdy as it ever was. As Imskaar drops his piton into the liquid, it breaks through the black, congealed outer exterior, revealing the area underneath to be red. Blood. It's probably safe to assume that the rest of the splotches on deck are of the same consistency as the one Imskaar is looking at.

All three of you can also clearly see the wheel of the ship as it tilts and creaks in the breeze. It is plain to see amid the white backdrop of the fog. A pair of severed arms are still attached to it. Whatever has severed them did a messy, messy job.

Entelechy
2015-05-27, 02:27 AM
Syg clucked her tongue, and began to recite a verse,

Juniper, oh tiny one,
my muse of misbehavior,
toiling neath the mocking sun,
poor Syg needs ask a favour.

A tiny winged woman appeared, skin the colour of the new growth of a juniper bush, and hair, eyes, and nails the colour the plant's fresh berries.

"What a lovely place you've brought me to Syg. I must tell my sisters all about it. I just know it will be the place to visit this autumn, I can feel it. Imagine, hoards of tiny pixies touring the grand bloodstain canals and picnicking in the shades of severed arms." Juniper says almost immediately upon manifesting, with only the scarcest glance at her surroundings. She yawned and stretched, "I think I'll go back to my little pocket of nowhere, thank you very much. Call me for tea, if you manage to find an porcelain without bloodstains."

"Juniper, I'm hungover on a ghostship. If there were ever an occasion that calls for a measure of solumn dignity this is... well, maybe this is not it. Maybe the occasion calls for just terse acceptance that my life has brought me to a ghostship, hungover."

"You may consider yourself pitied. Now, take pity on me and put me back safe."

Syg sighed, and lowered her hood in the shade of the mist. She rubbed the back of her neck, fingers distorted but visable through her glassy hair. "Look, this gankplank leads to other ship. Just hang out there, safe and out of sight, and stay in touch. I want to know right away if the ships move apart, and I may need you to get in touch quickly. Will you do that?"

Juniper grinned, and began to fade from sight. Her voice echoed merrily a verse.

Gracious, gracious, such am I
Maidens weep and hanged men cry.
No one's worthy of my aid,
But for Syg I'll do as I'm bade.

Syg breaths a heavy sigh of relief. "Now what the hells happened here," she muttered, and began to investigate.

Sending Pixie familiar back to our ship, keeping in regular telepathic contact with a range of 100ft. Seems reasonable she would use superior invisibility to stay out of sight.
Forgot to roll before posting, I will do so in the OCC.

Wartex1
2015-05-27, 08:33 AM
"Blood doesn' turn black..." Imskaar looked at the arms attached to the wheel. "Somethin's deeply wrong, annae don' know what it miyt be."

[roll0]

jazzymantis
2015-05-28, 02:29 PM
"Have you never seen pools of old blood dried from weeks in the sun? It does indeed turn dark. I would [roll0] that this blood is about that old. It will come off with enough swabbing, nothing a stout mop cannot handle. We should check out that arm, and below deck, that is where the story will further unfold."

Wartex1
2015-05-28, 02:42 PM
"Blood turns brown, nah black, and this is way too much for one crew." Imskaar looks at the black crust again. "Somethin' unnatural happened here."

n0ble
2015-05-29, 08:42 AM
Between Squid and Syg it takes the three of you mere minutes to scour the ship. Among the details you find are several bloody footprints, some look like those of a dog, while another, less than frequent pair resemble those of a bull or cow. The pair of arms hold little detail, but for the signet ring that marks out the arms previous owner as a member of the Goldenforge family. As you make your way below deck things smell... rotten. Like bad meat. The cause of this smell is made readily apparent: the middle deck of the ship looks like a charnel house, with offal, guts and meat hanging or spilled all over the second deck. The black, bloody splotches are there too. Whatever took place here was clearly a massacre.

The patches are indeed dried blood as Imskaar said.That being said, there is something decidedly unnatural about how these pools of blood have congealed into a black rather than brown colour.

You can make out a steady panting sound amid the creak of the ship and the lapping of the tide. Whatever it is, it's happening on the deck below you.

Entelechy
2015-06-01, 11:43 PM
<<Juniper, are you and the ship still there?>> Syg asks, telepathically, as she absent-mindedly cuts the signet ring off the dead hands. She pauses, and briefly looks disguised with herself. But in the end she pockets the ring all the same.

<<You boys here that below?>> she asks her companions?

jazzymantis
2015-06-02, 01:12 AM
"I thought I heard something, but perhaps it was just the wind... The crew seems to not be around anymore though... Are those prints of a cow?"

Investigate: Messed up prior roll, so I rolled in OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19337816&postcount=67)

Wartex1
2015-06-06, 07:24 PM
"Maybe thar's a ledger of some sort to see wha they were carrying..." Imskaar looked to the others. "Perhaps they were carrying dangerous cargo."

n0ble
2015-06-07, 05:41 PM
<Master, we remain in place. The Captain doesn't seem that nervous all things considered. I suppose he has some sort of faith in your capabilities> she says cheekily enough.

To all intents and purposes the cow prints look like any normal set of cow tracks, though for some strange reason their pattern indicates that whatever made them was bipedal.

At Imskaar's voice the laboured abruptly cuts off in a suitably eerie fashion. Whatever the battle master said was clearly heard but the occupant in the lower deck.

Entelechy
2015-06-11, 12:25 AM
<<Well, I don't trust the Captain to keep his nerve knowing what we know. I think if we want to do anything but abandon the boat and its treasure, we need to do some pest control. Anyone got a better idea than going down the stairs and hoping for the best?>> Syg asks.