PDA

View Full Version : [Magic Item]Merciful Gloves of Stones

JackMage666
2007-04-19, 04:07 PM
Here's my first attempt to create an item, though it's not too ambitious, I think. It's designed for a peaceful Halfling character who didn't want to carry a weapon, but instead carried rocks to throw, if so necessary.

Merciful Gloves of Stones
These gloves imbue any rock, stone, or pebble thrown from them with the spell Magic Stone, subject to the same size limitations as the spell (no larger than a sling bullet). The rocks must be thrown directly from the gloves (contrary to the spell, which allows you to use a sling.) The range increment for a thrown stone is 20 ft. Also, as a free action, the wearer of the gloves can command all stones thrown to deal nonlethal damage at no penalty. If the stones do nonlethal damage, they deal an extra 1d6 nonlethal damage, just as if the stone was a Merciful weapon. The gloves do not create stones, they augment stones placed in them by the wearer.
Cost - 8,300
CL 5th; Magic Stone, Cure Light Wounds

Any comments?

Hazkali
2007-04-19, 04:31 PM
I like it. I like it a lot. I might just have to steal this idea.

:smallbiggrin:

I don't know if it's necessarily unbroken, but the cost looks about right. It's not really any more powerful than a +1 merciful magic weapon, which comes in at 8300gp, so I'd say that's okay.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-04-19, 08:57 PM
Very good work. Im imagining a stone giant wearing custom fitted ones. These make rocks, umm... rock.

Triaxx
2007-04-20, 08:51 AM
Im imagining a stone giant wearing custom fitted ones.

Considering the character size has quite a bit to do with the size considered sling stones... Ouch.

Matthew
2007-04-21, 01:07 PM
I like this idea, as well.

Mewtarthio
2007-04-21, 03:45 PM
Very good work. Im imagining a stone giant wearing custom fitted ones. These make rocks, umm... rock.

*WHAM!*
"Oh, sweet Pelor! You killed Bob!"
"No, I didn't. I just knocked him out. He'll be fine."
"Fine? You just dropped a frickin' boulder on his head!"
"Yes, but it was a Merciful boulder."

Triaxx
2007-04-21, 04:49 PM
*doubles over in laughter*

Perhaps make these the lesser form, and include a more defensive, more expensive greater form. Let them add size bonuses to AC versus stones, rocks, sling bullets.