PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Hombrew engineer class for 5th edition.

PeevedPenguin
2015-05-11, 08:27 PM
Engineer google docs (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UdxoMxqnyDj4IDqi7cXa-YkjsQuOFqKTQHvpunGRl2U/edit?usp=sharing)

I wrote up a homebrew engineer class for a friend's campaign setting. The setting is magic light and my friend wants a technological equivalent to the wizard. As of such the engineer is a spellcasting-esque class without magic. Instead of magic, they use SCIENCE! as well as materials which may be inherently magical. I'm posting it here in order to get some feedback about the balance, what's horribly overpowered, what needs to be fixed, and just general opinions on whether or not it's good. The setting the engineer is written for also contains early firearms and is generally pretty steampunky. The stats that are being used for guns are as follows

rifles: 2d6 range 30/120 reloading

pistols: 1d10 range 20/80 reloading light

To clarify, guns make ranged weapon attacks so they add dexterity mod to attack/damage.

JNAProductions
2015-05-11, 08:36 PM
Quick word of advice-you might want to report this thread and ask for it to moved to the Homebrewing subforum. It really doesn't belong here.